What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Awesome!

:tiphat:

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

:bongsmi: cheers man...:joint: :kos:

nie, i am gonna get one or two of these

maybe get the extra large version, i wish i had, as it seems to work best with no more then 250g of dry trim at once, so if you need 2 of them maybe get the bigger model. bubbleman has one called bubblenow xl or something, while Mila sells hers as the bubbleator. not sure if they both include the same accessories though?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what are they offering with the machine? 220 net bag, 220 1 gal bubblebag, 70 bubblebag. plus a thermostat and a big kitchen strainer for breaking the wet bubble hash down small enough so it dries properly. thats what i got with this one, i'm most interested what bubblemans version includes? i can't imagine him not including a smaller bag then 70u?

theJointedOne

Veteran
the ones i saw had no bags with them, just a 220 work/ice/trim bag that goes inside....from what i remember, this is at a local head shop though, im sure on bmans site he has some more stuff with it

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i see, thats cool, you can just use your normal set. you want at least 5 bags imo, 220, 160, 120, 73 and 25. ideally use a 45 in there too, but thats not essential, you could even skip the 25 and just stop with the 45. it's basically collecting the smallest trich heads, the 25 is mostly trich stalks and a few unripe small trich heads. you don't lose much by skiping the 25, as long as you do have a 45.

BagAppeal

Cool stuff!
I just saw matt rize explaining how he does his ice wax, on same machine.
Youtube "weed nerd 113" and you have it( if you didn't already now)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah that will work, the 120 that's missing in there is kinda useful for making the 73 that bit more melty. but the 120 is normally melty too, just less melty then the 73, so if you have them together your 73 will probably be a little bit less melty, then it could be. although you will not notice that, with careful processing it will rock, those are the best qualities so can't really be bad to leave out the 120 bag, as long as you do have the 160 for extra place to catch big particles that are mainly plant matter. by less melty i mean it melts and bubbles for less time.

yeah matt rize has the bubble making down cold, he goes an extra step in the end by micro planing it to make it as fine as possible to let it dry. i just take a toothpick or a blunt knife and break it up real small, but not quite as finely broken as what matt seems to do. will probably try and breaking up mine even further too next time. it really is true that clean bubble needs to be really finely broken up to allow it to dry well.

theJointedOne

Veteran
what about throwing dried bubble in a coffee grinder to break it up, would that break a lot of the trichomes and be counter productive?

BagAppeal

If its dried then its too late...(I belive)
You want to dry it in a cool environment broken up, so the water doesn't mix with the resin and change their texture..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah thats what the experts say, once it's dry it's too late. unless you want to do it for ease of use? it's kinda hard to understand some of the theories that dictate the steps we take.

like squeezing the water out of the bubblehash when you collect it from the screen. apparently this causes water to get locked in. you need to remove the water with a towel under the pressing screen till it is no longer dripping wet, then spread it out finely crumbling it and spreading it to dry on parchment paper or baking paper. while the hash is still soft and damp you can break it down very small quite easily. not at all sure i wouldn't get into big trouble if i use our grater for bubble hash lol.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
i do use a small grinder on my already granulated bubble. on the larger chunks.. to render that fine surface area for great hits and flavor.

it would be best if i could render it all to the fine dust to begin with but i've struggled with using graters and mesh strainers for producing the granule and ended up going back to carding.

bensittinback

hey gauis

hey gauis

i have a bubble magic washer and 8 bag set. only time i tried i used fresh frozen material(thats what i was told to do)and i didnt let it rehydrate. it all came out green in color.some was real good anyhow lol,i just wondered if it was due to fresh wet frozen trim? should you dry trim before freezing?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so rize says that you almost freeze the bubble before drying then grate into fine small peices and then let dry

yeah i saw the vid, he has a great tech, about as flawless as you can get. to do that grating you need a real cold room to do it in, otherwise so much trichomes will burst and get smeared on your grater or strainer. i find with some patience i can chop and spread it out fine enough to have most of it drying in 1 night. that was the case with the last batch i did with a mates trim, just 100g of clean trim and it was still worth while.

that's what i'm the most interested to work out or hear from others, thats the amount of dry product that is used in 1 load in the normal size bubbleator. whats the most you can put in to still get the best efficiency?

i do use a small grinder on my already granulated bubble. on the larger chunks.. to render that fine surface area for great hits and flavor.

it would be best if i could render it all to the fine dust to begin with but i've struggled with using graters and mesh strainers for producing the granule and ended up going back to carding.

yeah lots of people i know will chuck their bubble in a coffee grinder to have powder to scoop. it does burn up the most evenly when it's fine. but as said above i don't like to be too rough with it till it's dry.

i have a bubble magic washer and 8 bag set. only time i tried i used fresh frozen material(thats what i was told to do)and i didnt let it rehydrate. it all came out green in color.some was real good anyhow lol,i just wondered if it was due to fresh wet frozen trim? should you dry trim before freezing?

fresh frozen material should give you the most flavor and actually allows for a very clean product. but you do also need to give the trim or buds 5 to 10 mins submerged in the ice water to rehydrate and lose their brittleness. but using dried trim tends to get you slightly better yields, Maximo was doing 50%/50% fresh frozen and dry a lot and his results are always outstanding. so really if the most flavor possible is your aim, then yes fresh frozen trim is a good bet. but recently i have not had space to freeze fresh material, so i just dried it and stashed it ready for hash making.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
results from 3rd time using bubbleator

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

as you can see i don't need to break the crumbs down too much and they still dry properly.

Buddle

Veteran
what are they offering with the machine? 220 net bag, 220 1 gal bubblebag, 70 bubblebag. plus a thermostat and a big kitchen strainer for breaking the wet bubble hash down small enough so it dries properly. thats what i got with this one, i'm most interested what bubblemans version includes? i can't imagine him not including a smaller bag then 70u?

My Bubble Now from 04 came with the strainer with legs, a candy thermometer with a suction cup on it,and what I call a working bag.It holds about 200 gms is white and is zippered(like G.S.'s). In addition to using Bubblemans 5 bag set i bought an orange bag called a "Collecting sac". Cool thread GaiusMarius..:thank you: