What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

growing pepper plants in doors and in coco.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
can pepper plants grow good in coco and indoors?
I am wanting to do a indoor pepper garden in the winter months.

S

SeaMaiden

I'm sure it can be done, however a caveat. Peppers, at least all that I've grown to date, are calcium hogs. Coco latches onto both Ca and Mg, so you'll need to be extra diligent AND extra prepared. Have separate Ca and Mg supplements, and be certain to get that coco properly pre-charged, especially with PLENTY of Ca/Mg (use your supplement of choice, I use a separate Ca product + MgSO4).

I currently have a tiny habanero plant and wondered where to get these nutrients you guys speak of. I'm not looking to spend an excessive amount as I'm not even sure that I'll eat them-I'd prefer to just give them to friends.

S

SeaMaiden

I use soil amendments (dolomite lime, oyster shell flower, gypsum, MgSO4 [Epsom salt], other rock dusts) and pee.

Why can't I send jaykush a message? I deleted my avatar by accident and can't get it back up again. Sheesh.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok well I have a pepper plant in a beer cup and coco. woo hoo. its small now but Ill have it growing big in no time.

Latest posts

Latest posts