What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

East Coast Funk inside...Sweet Island Skunk, Jack Herer, Black Haze

jd4083

Veteran
:tiphat:

Bit o' Sweet Island Skunk, Jack Herer, and the Black Haze out of Miami

Sorry for the freakin terrible photos, I have no idea why these look like shit all of the sudden, I think my camera's dying... :laughing:

sis-macro1.jpg

jack-macro1.jpg

blackhaze1.jpg

G

Guest3498

Ohhh the black haze! Looks great bro, how long does that one run? What's the deal with it? I've heard it's the piff, I've heard it's not the piff... Either way I'm sure it's dank...

jd4083

Veteran
That was actually a buddy who ran the black, I would do awful, awful things to get ahold of a clone, believe that...but out here the going rate is in the thousands of $$$ for a single cut, which is completely outrageous...

He ran this batch for 9 weeks IIRC, but I could be off, he's got a couple of other haze cuts that take longer and need more room so he had to make some space a little early. Normally he takes it upwards of 10 weeks...

glad to see somebody else knows bout the FL black...definitely in my top 3 favs of all time :tiphat: The smell is hard to pinpoint, strong notes of cedar and the "Catholic Church" smell (frankincence?) with an almost astringent backbone, sort of a menthol quality to it. Taste is all sweet, earthy goodness...and the buzz is phenominal, completely clear-headed and intensely cerebral. Shit is a winner :tiphat: thanks for checking it out dude

G

Guest3498

I've never actually smoked what I knew was exactly "black haze", but I do know haze/piff real well! A friend almost secured a cut from dominicans last year, they wanted the chemd, bad! It didn't work out, but I guess he asked one of them how long the piff cuts take, and all the dude said was (in a spanish voice) "looooooong time"...

jd4083

Veteran
all indoors :wave: the SIS and Jack were grown on the tables, the Black was in (pseudo) organic soil

jd4083

Veteran
I've never actually smoked what I knew was exactly "black haze", but I do know haze/piff real well! A friend almost secured a cut from dominicans last year, they wanted the chemd, bad! It didn't work out, but I guess he asked one of them how long the piff cuts take, and all the dude said was (in a spanish voice) "looooooong time"...

yeah for sure, I have no doubts the black could go 12 weeks, but I've never seen it taken that long so I don't know how well it would finish...I'd be wary of nanners after 10 or 11 weeks, that seems to be the sweet spot for how I like it anyways :tiphat:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the black does over 100 days easy.
you could do 120 if you wanted it "finished"

i wouldnt smoke 9 week black,
even the mersh black growers go longer than that!

jd4083

Veteran
And there you have it, cocktail_frank sounds like he has firsthand experience, I do not have the cut myself and have only helped my friend tend his plants...my apologies if the info I passed on from my buddy is not correct. :tiphat: last thing I want to do is contribute to the spread of misinformation on icmag...lol

thanks for posting dude...you have any shots of the Black by chance?

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i never ran her personally, but got boys who do.

give a search for moneymike's posts.
he has many shots of the black, he's a huge fan of it.

jd4083

Veteran
I did, and wow, dude knows what he's doing for sure ;) thanks for posting bro

here's some more Jack & another lil nug of the SIS...

jack-1.jpg

jack-2.jpg

sis-1.jpg