What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

randallboog

jam babies?rite now its green crack and god bud veged for about a month under a 1000kw in a 4x6 area and dont worrry dude i flush my shit good.ill post pics in a few weeks when its done to prove im not lying

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i tried the whole AN line up....and must say the only thing that worked great was the sensi a+b veg ferts, everything else i was not impressed with....conny burnt my plants even at low ppm, big bud made my promix drop in ph.....overdrive made my buds look all deformed and puffed up and fluffy, they were much bigger than usual but had less wieght and were less compact and less triched out....i will not be buying any of their products again.....and its not because of price....

copobo

I've been using the full 'expert' line, sensi grow and sensi bloom base in peat and perlite mix and am moving into just peat and perlite, coco test coming next.

the recommendation on the calculator is too hot for something that doesn't dry out in a day. I like running 850ppm.

the shit works, but it is overpriced. not affordable as a smalltime caregiver in Colorado.

I am looking to switch. If the price was 1/4 of what it is it wouldn't be worth figuring out, but it is.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
You know I'm really on the fence with these guys lol I mean they charge way too much, this much I know.. They have lot of ppl behind them so lets hope they are good but these claims are always changing from 30% more potency to increasing oils etc. with this Budfactor X at $91.99 damn it better be good. It also has a money back guarantee and you know I'm going see if they are full of shit? lol lol peace out Headband707

You know I'm really on the fence with these guys lol I mean they charge way too much, this much I know.. They have lot of ppl behind them so lets hope they are good but these claims are always changing from 30% more potency to increasing oils etc. with this Budfactor X at $91.99 damn it better be good. It also has a money back guarantee and you know I'm going see if they are full of shit? lol lol peace out Headband707

take your 90 bucks and add another 100 to it, go buy a 6400k halide, theres your resin increase, after all is said n done, spend any extra money u have on more light, its the only sure thing, nutes aint that big of a deal, its grower know how.

toohighmf

Veteran
I can't say a MH is the solution. You may get more trichs, but your yield undoubtably suffer. Find yourself some humax or 50% fuvic acid powder concentrate from home depot. Add some molasses to your res and voilà!

B

Bud Bug

I posted this in another thread

Well I just got two things cleared up. F1 and H2 are gonna stay on the market and good news is they will be keeping the PH UP/Down products.

Melon head is only in the US atm but they will bring it in on order to Canada. Ballasts/Fan no yet.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

Well I just got two things cleared up. F1 and H2 are gonna stay on the market and good news is they will be keeping the PH UP/Down products.

Melon head is only in the US atm but they will bring it in on order to Canada. Ballasts/Fan no yet.

good news on the ph products. i was requesting a quote for a 5 gallon of up!

skunktoker

Ty for the update on that BB now at least I know my buddy was fibbing ...that figures ..anyhow glad to hear about the ph products alltho I have over half a bottle of each left cause I hardly ever need adjustments...last's 4ever..........ST :tiphat:

skunktoker

I can't say a MH is the solution. You may get more trichs, but your yield undoubtably suffer. Find yourself some humax or 50% fuvic acid powder concentrate from home depot. Add some molasses to your res and voilà!

I have always used molasses however I will definitely check out the fulvic acid powder....ST

toohighmf

Veteran
As god as my witness, I invented the melon head. I had a icmagger kb5178 prototype this idea 5 years ago when we were discussing reflectors on the old AN forums. Ask KB. I envisioned it a little more like a bell with a tube through it and not that silver star mailbox POS!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
take your 90 bucks and add another 100 to it, go buy a 6400k halide, theres your resin increase, after all is said n done, spend any extra money u have on more light, its the only sure thing, nutes aint that big of a deal, its grower know how.

WELL I would say it's in the strain no matter what your going for.. Sure you got you good /great growers but without the really great strain you still got SHIT lol peace out Headband707:)

B

Bud Bug

Spraying fulvic acid was the old skool way of getting super sticky buds. Never tired it myself but have talked to a lot of growers of the years who swore by spaying fulvic in the last few weeks of lower.

No idea what it does to the plant when foliar fed.

toohighmf

Veteran
I too have heard these body shop techiques and even sprayed a plant w diamond nectar 10 days from the chop. After looking @ the sprayed buds, the fulvic looks like it almost split trichs into 4. Making for some glassy greasy nugs. I never did it again, but I had a customer order 3 6 gallon jugs of the stuff & a backpack atomizer. I believe he was going to totally fog his extremely large scale grow. I love humic & fulvic!

N

NinoBrown420

I'm coming in a little late here, THMF has said all that really needs to be said, but since I have some personally experience with AN's products I thought I'd through in my 2 cents.

I tried the basic 3-part, nothing special, nothing some other companies product couldn't do for cheaper. I have used the Iguana Juice to great effect, Dr Hornby seems like a smart motherfucker, but that being said I have since learned to avoid the hydro shop for most things and have saved a lot of money by shopping at greenhouse supply stores.

If there's one thing I've learned from Penn and Teller:Bullshit! its how to spot bullshit artists in their many forms, and a quick flip through Rosebud magazine is enough to convince me these guys take selling their bullshit to artistic levels.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I'm coming in a little late here, THMF has said all that really needs to be said, but since I have some personally experience with AN's products I thought I'd through in my 2 cents.

I tried the basic 3-part, nothing special, nothing some other companies product couldn't do for cheaper. I have used the Iguana Juice to great effect, Dr Hornby seems like a smart motherfucker, but that being said I have since learned to avoid the hydro shop for most things and have saved a lot of money by shopping at greenhouse supply stores.

If there's one thing I've learned from Penn and Teller:Bullshit! its how to spot bullshit artists in their many forms, and a quick flip through Rosebud magazine is enough to convince me these guys take selling their bullshit to artistic levels.

Yeah Dr Hornby hasn't been with them for years lol.. That being said they have lots of scientists onboard in lots of countries . They believe in the Albert Einstien theory of compound interest continually adding until you get it right. Which is how all grows works or should. You can always go cheaper you just need to do your homework lol peace out Headband707:comfort:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Yeah Dr Hornby hasn't been with them for years lol.. That being said they CLAIM THEY have lots of scientists onboard in lots of countries . They believe in the Albert Einstien theory of compound interest continually adding until you get it right.

I dont know how they can claim they have scientific testing, yet reformulate 3x in 6-7 years. Using consumers as guinea pigs errr.. 'scientific testers' doesnt seem to qualify to me.

I though Einstein couldnt balance a checkbook...