What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 Jocks in a PC

m4c

This will be my third indoor grow, the link to my previous one is in my sig. I'm hoping to at least double the yield from my previous attempt.

Strain: Nirvana's feminized Jock Horror.

Box: It's an old PC case - the dimensions are 14' x 6' x 24'. It's lined with Mylar Diamond. The pot is about 1,5 Gal.

Lightning: 3x 23W CFL 2700k = 4500lm
18:6 on veg
12:12 on flo

Ventilation: I've got 2 outtake PC fans - 1 is 80mm and the second one is 120mm

Soil: Store bought universal soil PH 5,5-6,5 mixed with some dolomite lime and chicken shit about 1,5 month's b4 the grow started.

Fertilizers:
VEG: GHE One Part Total Gro
FLO: Some store bought fertilizer for flowering (florovit) + PK13/14 from Canna

Training: Topping + LST

Today is the end of the third week for my 2 ladies, both look healthy although they didn't grow for the last 2 days because of the topping. As you can see the one on the right is more sativa dominant and the left one is more on the indica side (she also has pretty purplish stems). Should I switch them to 12/12 as soon as they start growing after the topping or should I wait for them to get bigger?

Here are the pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

m4c

Nah I'm looking for a better phenotype - especially when it comes to yield. And also 2 plants will give me two different smokes and I'm always eager to try something new.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Gotcha, thats understandable. You should be able to find a winner, good luck

m4c

Somehow I have managed to fail at something as easy as topping - both of my ladies were stunted for a week and I didn't get 2 colas on any of them.

Here is the sativa pheno:

picture.php

And the indica:

picture.php

I'm not sure what to do now - should I top them again or just leave them as they are and focus on LST? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I have had this happen to a few o my plants in the past.
I just left them alone and about 1 1/2 weeks later most of them had grown 2 new stems.

so in ur case I see that the sativa for some reason I don't no but ur right i see no 2 stems. but D new growth looks healthy anyway.

but on the indica I see 4 stems. I see the 2 small bigger ones and 2 lil baby stems under them. wen I looked closely thats wat I saw.

if were me Id givem at least another week 2 see how they look by then.
also usuly when toping MJ plants they take some time 2 start new regular growth. well thats was I was told to do back when I was on overgrow.:D

alltho some strains grow new growth faster than others.

maybe someone wit mo experience can chime in on this.

m4c

I have topped both of them for the second time, this time I am 100% sure that I have done it right. I was thinking of leaving the indica one as it is but I was afraid that it grow too big too fast when compared to the sativa and It would make it difficult to keep them both at the same distance from the light. As soon as they recover I'll post some pics.

m4c

The girls are getting now only 12h of light a day, can't wait for the first pistils to show up :watchplant:. I also did a little LST on the main shoots. And here are the pics:

As you can see the phenotypes are very different, surprisingly the sativa pheno has shorter internodes and looks like it will poot out more branches. On the other hand the indica pheno has very big fan leaves and cute purple stems.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So far everything looks ok right?

m4c

The LST has worked perfectly because the side branches (especially on the sativa girl) had shoot out like crazy! :dance013: Also the smell started to get noticible near the PC, so I used the old fresh grounded coffe trick and it works like a charm.

Sorry for the poor quality pics but I was taking them at like 7am in the morning b4 my morning coffe.

picture.php

picture.php

m4c

It's a common practice at least here where I live. You just get some ground coffe (preferebly fresh), put it on a plate or something and put that into your growbox. At first it smells like coffee all over the room but after a moment you don't smell anything. Ofcourse for bigger boxes it is way less efective, but on a micro scale and a with a non-stinker strain you don't need a carbon filter.

gates3rd

Hi,

when u have problems with topping just do LST only, less stress and works great.
You can look for : FIM (fucked i missed) technique aswell here on the board, its really crazy but when done right u get many heads hehe its like the normal topping but with a different cut.

so you dont use a carbon filter just coffe ? but yeah when u in your own house its maybe enough, but in a flat i would go paranoid lol cause of the smell

wish u all the best

m4c

It was my second time I've done it and I cut at the wrong place (the piece I removed was too small). At least now I know how to do it properly :).
I have read about FIM but it look's a bit too tough for me, I got two left hands :D.
Thx for the advice tho, I appreciate it.

m4c

It's the fifth day of 12/12 and still no signs of pistils, fortunately the girls are looking green and happy. Today they got a dose of GHE One Part Total Gro and did some more LST. Also I noticed that the tips of the CFL's are cold enough that I can touch them with my hand with no problem, so there is an advantage in hanging them vertically :]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

m4c

The indica pheno just doesn't have luck - first I broke one of the main 2 shoots after the topping while doing LST and now I broke the other one (don't know when, but I opened the PC today and saw the broken of shoot :/). How much worse can I be in training LOL. Just hope that this will be a good lesson. Anyway here's 1 pic and some from my outdoor guerilla spots. Enjoy!:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wate so do u also have some outdoor plants. well they look very very nice.

also the pc garden looks dank as well. :D

m4c

Yeah Cheesebuds I'm also doing some outdoor guerilla growing because this small PC definitely doesn't cover all of my smoking needs. And thx for the kind words :)

And here are some freshly taken pics, as you can see the pistills are finally popping out. The indica pheno was slower to show them and it is also stretching more, I'm starting to think that the only indica trait it has are the broad leaves :D. Wondering how it will smoke.
I've also noticed that those really high temps and lots of sun that we were getting out here worked great for the outdoor babies but the jocks were feeling too hot, because after cooling down they shoot out with twice the growth than b4. Enough talk:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Till next time :wave:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
those babies are looking awesome!!! wow...
are the outside plants autoflowering? i grew an easy-ryder in my pc before..lots of fun!!
take care