What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quitting weed/Rolling Depression??

davidmacq

Maybe it is what they call effects from the metabolites in your fat? Might not make you high, but might make you feel some way?

I like to stop at times as I get a heavy feeling. Hard to describe, but seems as it builds up in system I can feel it and it continues after while when I stop...maybe the two weeks you mention or longer. I'm about 6'0 230...so may last longer in system. Notice I'm not talking about high from smoking. This is feeling building up of smoking a one hitters in very small quantity all day for weeks.

I only miss getting high a good deal for a few days...maybe 3 as mentioned. So I feel as said that this may be it leaving your body through fat, etc. Maybe there some experts that know effects of the metabolites.

Sisu

Veteran
I can feel a difference after cutting back, certainly. Physically and mentally. I needed to anyway to begin running again. But I'm going to roll the dice on the test. It's only a temporary job anyway, and I haven't pissed since 1990. Fuck it, something will work out, someway, anyway.

bigshrimp

Veteran
Many people use marijuana as self medication / coping mechanism. If someone is using weed to ignore the things that the are unhappy with then this can lead all sorts of psychological effects when they stop.

Facing reality can be physically sickening...

waveguide

Veteran
anybody who can live in this world and not have some level of depression is disturbed imo.

why yes bigshrimp ;)

i have posted frequently about my experiences being covertly harassed by masons and military around the world, creating an awareness that unfortunately is difficult to communicate with "normal people who are kept complacent" -

an awareness that there are covert forces acting on our culture, and that most of the particularities of this lifestyle are impositions to reduce our autonomy.

can i be depressed, when i have confronted this around the globe? i would say no, most people would see how i feel more as anger or determination.

and i am definately disturbed. i am one of the most mentally disturbed people on this board, because they have intentionally given me many psychological wounds, intentional disturb. using psychology in reverse to harm, that's what PSYOPS does, eg. "gaslighting".

disturbed yes, functional, yes, depressed, no, blaming weed... you know... it's such an effort to convince myself to start these posts, attempting to inform society to resist their control, knowing basically anything i write is qa total fucking waste of time. well i fucking quit writing this one now, have a nice day folks :)

there's an important skill demonstrated - let it the fuck go.

theclearspot

Came across this thread as im trying to stop smoking for a while for health reasons( i was recently in hospital with very high blood pressure and pulse) . Im now on bp tablets. Ive tried quitting before; the last time I threw all my weed in a plastic bag and put it up the road in the refuse skip. Two days later I was there trying to fish the bag out successfully. Sad. So Hear I go again I find it very difficult i think my main recreation is alcohol and weed. Ive gone jogging, bought things and promised myself i would stop...but nothing works. Interestingly I was able to wuit cigarettes years ago ; locked myself up for 2 weeks in a room with nicorette.
Any ideas to help? I will do exercise, im thinking of hiring a remote cottage for 2 weeks and isolate myself. Wheres a good out of the way place to stash the weed?