What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Organic Nutrients from General Hydroponics

onegreenday

Veteran
alot of new members with these scientific sounding responses yet no pictures of any of their accomplishments makes me wonder how they come to these conclusions.

gh organic is intended for soil (soilless and coco mixes as well) and should not be adjusted with ph

just to reassure myself of this i checked the feed chart i got from the expo and on gh's site, both say adjusting ph is not nessessary. translation, dont fuck with the ph cause it fucks with the properties of organic nutrients

continue to post your entertainment purposes only posts cause thats all most of the posts on here have become, seeing nonsense spewed sure does annoy people who know what theyre talking about

My bottle says General Organic is suitable for rockwool (hydroponic)
with the addition of cal/mag+ and as we know rockwool tends to increase the Ph of nutrients in recirculating systems or even in the slab and Ph is controlled through testing the slab Ph levels and adjusting feed Ph.

Would you still say NOT to adjust Ph when used with rockwool?
Thanks.

Omerta

i'd advise against playing with the ph with the general organic line. even in rockwool. use as directed and your results will tell you, plain and simple

not sure how well organics work in rockwool overall compared to soil / soilless but give it a shot. only time i fuck with organic anything is in soil

feed water regardless of the medium for general organics doesnt need to be ph'd. this also coming from adam at genhydro. so many of you called for free samples, call and ask for someone knowledgable on the general organic line and whether or not the ph needs to be adjusted

indifferent

Veteran
she definitely posts alot, but pics to back anything or put credibility behind her, none what so ever.....

She most certainly has credibility but also has security concerns. In a prior incarnation she had mucho great work showcased however.

Harsh words for someone with so few posts btw.

i'd advise against playing with the ph with the general organic line. even in rockwool. use as directed and your results will tell you, plain and simple

not sure how well organics work in rockwool overall compared to soil / soilless but give it a shot. only time i fuck with organic anything is in soil

feed water regardless of the medium for general organics doesnt need to be ph'd. this also coming from adam at genhydro. so many of you called for free samples, call and ask for someone knowledgable on the general organic line and whether or not the ph needs to be adjusted

Regardless of how well buffered the nutrients are you need to test ph and keep it in control. 5.8 to 6.2 tend to be good for most plants in hydro. Observation of the plants and consulting the sick plants thread by mynameisstitch to see what symptoms of ph issues look like will be of far more use than consulting an employee of a nutrient manufacturer. PH spotting often shows up as small necrotic brown spots on the leaves, deficiencies caused by ph lockout are myriad so consult the sick plants thread to know what to look out for. Generally, in hydro, with a quality nutrient, ph in the range 5.8 to 6.2 will avoid lockout, I like to keep my ph around 6 in coco.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
she definitely posts alot, but pics to back anything or put credibility behind her, none what so ever.....
everything our Mistress said was bang on to me. Coming from experience most people can be like ya that works. It's as good as pics bro

cemchris

I use the Calmag+ and.....it works just like all other calmag sups. Hey The GH one was a dollar cheaper then Botanicare one so I got it. :)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well, I mixed up my new General Organics nutes, and gave one of my Erkel's a good watering.

Obviously I can't tell anything yet, but the experience of mixing up five different bottles of smelly stuff got me thinking...

How much better could General Organics be than the Age Old Organics ferts I sometimes use already? I mean, Age Old Organics doesn't smell, and it's a one-part fertilizer. Simple as can be, and doesn't need a lot of shaking, which comes in handy when you're mixing with five separate bottles as in General Organics.

Which leads to a whole different question: since it's true that I've had my best grows with Age Old Organics or with MaxiGro/MaxiBloom, why do I even want to bother with anything other than a one-part system? I have two proven winners with one-part ferts; how much better could a 5-part system be?

I saw one grower here on IC who was running a BIG grow with Advanced Nutrients and he was using at least a dozen different products including base nutes and "additives," and he was adjusting the mix every week throughout grow!

Age Old Organics works great.
Botanicare's CNS17 works great.
GH's MaxiGro/MaxiBloom works great.
Cutting Edge Solutions 3-part works great.

And here's a sleeper for you... Formula X from Cornucopia Plus works great, and it works great from veg all the way through bloom. One bottle from clone to flower and yes, it really does work fine.

These are all very simple nutes that are easy to shake, easy to mix, easy to deal with.

After mixing up my new General Organics stuff, I think I'm ready to take a vow of no more than 3 parts to any fert mix. The hell with 5 or more base nutes, and then another half dozen potential additives.

I like simple, and my plants like simple.

I gotta say that this is EXACTLY how I felt after using the Organicare line in front of some friends and one made the comment "dude how many bottles do you use each time you mix nutes?" I said 7 LOL after that day I started looking at the Head Formula since I have CES 3part and love it. Though I am using 5 bottles now haha all the CES line but the Grow and really have better looking plants than ever before.

Dongle is this stuff thick and mucky like Flora Nova?

Chem&M

I gotta say that this is EXACTLY how I felt after using the Organicare line in front of some friends and one made the comment "dude how many bottles do you use each time you mix nutes?" I said 7 LOL after that day I started looking at the Head Formula since I have CES 3part and love it. Though I am using 5 bottles now haha all the CES line but the Grow and really have better looking plants than ever before.

Dongle is this stuff thick and mucky like Flora Nova?

I said the same thing to myself after mixing up the G.O. line. It's just such a pain to mix up if you are doing the whole thing. I wanted to like the product and I still went back to Fox Farm because the process was lengthy. And yes, it's thick, though once you get it all mixed up, just cloudy.

onegreenday

Veteran
I said the same thing to myself after mixing up the G.O. line. It's just such a pain to mix up if you are doing the whole thing. I wanted to like the product and I still went back to Fox Farm because the process was lengthy. And yes, it's thick, though once you get it all mixed up, just cloudy.

Remember they are VEGAN nutrients; which may be worth extra shaking, if you desire VEGAN.

My city water is 6.8-7.0 and the G.O. mixes to about 5.2-5.4 but rises with a bubble or with time.

My soil is 6.8 Ph, so I'm trying a lower feed Ph to average out.

I tried some G.O. in a bubble/hydro unit but the Ph goes up & up & up;
so I'm not sure if it will work in hydro/bubble/aero or if it would take constant adjustment there.

Chem&M

Remember they are VEGAN nutrients; which may be worth extra shaking, if you desire VEGAN.

My city water is 6.8-7.0 and the G.O. mixes to about 5.2-5.4 but rises with a bubble or with time.

so I'm not sure if it will work in hydro/bubble/aero or if it would take constant adjustment there.

They have admitted that it isn't for hydro, I believe. There is another thread around here about it.

I did want to like it because it screamed vegan (force of habit) but I'm sure there are others that are vegan who just don't think it's important to advertise.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use the Calmag+ and.....it works just like all other calmag sups. Hey The GH one was a dollar cheaper then Botanicare one so I got it. :)

plus the GO CaMg+ is 0-0-0. Nice for tweaking your cal/mag without upping N levels.

Would you still say NOT to adjust Ph when used with rockwool?
Thanks.

i would contact Jesse P at GH and ask him to advise you. He's a helpful guy.

onegreenday

Veteran
They have admitted that it isn't for hydro, I believe. There is another thread around here about it.

I did want to like it because it screamed vegan (force of habit) but I'm sure there are others that are vegan who just don't think it's important to advertise.

No, the bottle says ok 4 hydro; "perlite, rockwool or any sterile media"
use the Cal/Mag.

It should work. I don't mind shaking and the diff bottles r good
so u know just what u feed at that time and some bottles u won't use that shake; i kinda like the shaking mixing......

C

Carl Carlson

I think I might check this product line out for my next organic soilless grow, but I don't see the need to use every bottle.

Grow, Bloom or maybe just the latter and the CaMg+ are probably all that is necessary.

Bioroot is 1-1-1 for cuttings and seedlings. Why bother? Just use a much weakened grow or bloom solution.

Bioweed is yet another seaweed extract product. Is there a need for this throughout the grow? How come guys like Heath Robinson can produce massive crops using one product throughout the entire grow?

Biobud description reads like snake oil. Again, what is the point of that product? How can we quantify that it increases yields and quality? How extensively is it tested?

BioMarine - looks useful - perhaps as a standalone in a soil grow.

C

Carl Carlson

Nutrient solution pH has litle to no affect on substrate pH.

see my post here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3179158&postcount=11

It sounds as if your tapwater has a weak buffering capacity.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
I think I might check this product line out for my next organic soilless grow, but I don't see the need to use every bottle.
If you have alot of lighting use it all, but if not it will be hard for the plant to use all the fertilizers. But your flavour and quality is better if you give the plants more to work with.
Also if planning a 10 week flower you'll need to have healthier plants to last the 2 extra weeks ie better food program.

mr noodles

my friend is running it as advised and is plant are yelllowwwwwww

the ph thing is fucked up a lot . we flushed is freaking plant and gave them a soft dosage of cal mag + fish emulsion and we PH THE FUCKING WATER TO 6.3 AND IS PLANT ARE GETTING GREEN AGAIN...

this no ph crap is not ready yet

C

Carl Carlson

my friend is running it as advised and is plant are yelllowwwwwww

the ph thing is fucked up a lot . we flushed is freaking plant and gave them a soft dosage of cal mag + fish emulsion and we PH THE FUCKING WATER TO 6.3 AND IS PLANT ARE GETTING GREEN AGAIN...

this no ph crap is not ready yet

Is your friend growing in soil, soilless or hydro?

C

Carl Carlson

flyer

it now cost $25 for handling fee and shipping is EXTRA depends on where you live if you want to try the sample

mexicanweed

hi ! sorry my english but..

can i use just the floralicious series gro, bloom y plus, to grow my plants? couse i saw that in hge site they are like complements......

who can give me the light?
thanks!