What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HOT DOGS OR IF YOU ARE FROM NEW JERSEY

X

xavier7995

A popular American themed/style diner here has started sellinh Nathan's, I'll give em a try now I have read this thread!

Nathans/Hebrew national aren't really that good in the grand scheme of hot dogs...but they are widely available and what you encounter most places. I think they are about the same (as in the same product but different packaging), but the Google gives preference to Nathan's and doesn't support my theory.

Oscar meyer all beef are pretty good dogs i gotta say. I dont buy them as I get the Costco bulk Hebrew dogs and prefer them...but a solid choice none the less that can be found everywhere.

Canna-bill

Nathans/Hebrew national aren't really that good in the grand scheme of hot dogs...but they are widely available and what you encounter most places. I think they are about the same (as in the same product but different packaging), but the Google gives preference to Nathan's and doesn't support my theory.

Oscar meyer all beef are pretty good dogs i gotta say. I dont buy them as I get the Costco bulk Hebrew dogs and prefer them...but a solid choice none the less that can be found everywhere.

They are about the nearest I'll get to an American hotdog here in Ireland man! During the summer I buy these jars of jumbo American pork dogs, but they are made in Europe to an American recipe. I'll report back on what I think of Nathan's :)

Well actually I am but my preference were Italian Hotdogs from a place in Kenilworth that's long ago had it's legs broken and dumped in the meadowlands.......
My REAL preference was just a simple dirty dog in the city :groupwave:

yeah galloping hill dogs suck imho fat long and juicy if you like them that way the breads good
the gyros are the best there for me

uncle Charlie's was the better of the Italian dog places in jersey used to be on Michigan ave
jimmy buffs was always second place but decent

tommys in Elisabeth was what I liked for dish water dogs cooked unions yummy
dee's hut is good too on fataute/Michigan ave in Roselle park 11-4pm

not into dogs anymore thuo

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Newest Lunch in Schenectady, NY has the best hotdogs. Grilled, then topped with meat sauce and onions. Great french fries and good Pepsi from the soda fountain

Sunshineinabag

Used to have charlie's ref hots up here....dogs sliced in half and grilled with a turkish spiced meat sauce I'd kill for. Miss em

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I'm having Kielbasi for dinner and you know the "type of people" we are and must have
PO-TA-TOES.gif
and some bread. it's how it be.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And Pizza from New Jersey is better than pizza from New Yawk. Always has been and always will be. Definitely.
drinks.gif

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Well, if you're actually from NJ, then you should know there is only one to consider.

https://www.gallopinghotdogs.com/

The meat is prepared by a local butcher, old school spicy with a natural casing cooked on stainless steel rollers till crisp, served on an outstanding custom roll.
It wins all the awards and never ceases to amaze out-of-staters...

Thanks for that post, been away from New Jersey too long!

I’m partial to western N.Y. hots. Sahlens from Buffalo and Zweigls from Rochester.
Love grilling them till they split open and are a little charred with black burn marks.

Latest posts

Latest posts