What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help this dog in need.

Scrappy-doo

I have a friend who's a fellow grower and his little dog has a huge stone in her bladder. She's the cutest most friendly dog you'd ever meet and it kills me to know she's in pain. I helped out with the initial vet bill but unfortunately she needs surgery and I can't afford to help any more. He works full time, minimum wage and the price tag is way out of his league.

If you have a heart and love animals, please take a look at his gofundme.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-dog-needs-an-opperation?utm_source=

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Man, there are kids being put in care homes because their parents can't afford the mortgage, and you want money for someone else's dog?
Am I heartless or have you lost perspective?

Scrappy-doo

I'm not asking for any money. It's not my gofundme. I helped out financially as much as I could. This little dog is suffering. I have a heart so I'm trying my best to help her get well.

troutman

Seed Whore
Man, there are kids being put in care homes because their parents can't afford the mortgage, and you want money for someone else's dog?

Like WTF? If you can't or won't help don't rain on another man for asking for help.

eastcoastjoe

Then why don’t you go advocate and raise money for those children instead of criticizing someone else for trying to help someone. At least their trying to do something positive. You ever consider maybe that pet owner might view that dog as family ? I think it is you that lost perspective my friend.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I do.
Pet insurance is there for a reason.
Its all well and good saying I want a, but if you can't afford a, you shouldn't get a. Its irresponsible.

thailer

there's a nonprofit here that helps local pet owners with vet costs, usually spay/neuter services but they do other stuff if they have money. maybe your friend might have a similar nonprofit agency in their hometown? makes me all sad. hope he gets some help!

Scrappy-doo

I do.
Pet insurance is there for a reason.
Its all well and good saying I want a, but if you can't afford a, you shouldn't get a. Its irresponsible.

It's a rescue dog, left abandoned in the dead of winter. He was walking home one night and she just ran up to him shivering and helpless, and he took her in. It was below freezing outside... She would have died otherwise.

Scrappy-doo

there's a nonprofit here that helps local pet owners with vet costs, usually spay/neuter services but they do other stuff if they have money. maybe your friend might have a similar nonprofit agency in their hometown? makes me all sad. hope he gets some help!

Thank you I'll pass that suggestion along. :tiphat:

G

People like you reinforce my belief that most dogs are better than most people.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
OK, puts a different spin on it.
I still don't think I.c. is the place for threads for gofundme requests though.
I get pissed off seeing ads on the telly for donkeys, cats, does, fucking snow leopards charities, and knowing kids are losing their parents for the lack of money. I come here to escape that stuff. Its personal for me, being a "rescue kid" myself.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I haven't issued insults to anyone, in this thread, you'll have to check your rep for them lol

Scrappy-doo

I get pissed off seeing ads on the telly for donkeys, cats, does, fucking snow leopards charities, and knowing kids are losing their parents for the lack of money. I come here to escape that stuff. Its personal for me, being a "rescue kid" myself.

I hear you. I'm half expecting this thread might get deleted. Not sure if it violates tou or not. I just know sharing on social media platforms is recommended for those type of things, otherwise people won't see it. This is the closest to social media that I'm active on so it's worth a shot.

eastcoastjoe

Then why don’t you just keep scrolling then. No one is forcing you to look at this. Did you read this part of his initial post or did you just read what you wanted and start complaining because it’s not something you agree with ?

If you have a heart and love animals, please take a look at his gofundme.

You obviously don’t fit that criteria so why even bring your negativity to his post ? Just move on dude

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol, both. Instead of looking at it and virtue signalling, how about you actually donate to it?
I'm at least keeping it busy.
Attack what I say all you want, but don't make assumptions about anyone you don't know. You have no idea whats behind the words.

moses wellfleet

Veteran

Fucking snow leopards? I wish they would there are so few left. Last time I checked humans are not an endangered species.

Animals and young humans are voiceless and cannot stick up for themselves, anybody who speaks on their behalf is doing something noble in my book.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I was speaking up for young humans, those same young humans that a snow leopard would happily kill and feast upon given half a chance. Man what's next, protect the corona virus?