What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indian Landrace Exchange strains

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I have gotten seeds from ACE and am in California. Maybe that changed. I have my eyes on the Myanmar and the Manipuri varieties. I am looking for the trippiest of strains. If anyone has a suggestion there I would welcome. I have not had great luck with Kerala but just one plant and from RSC.

It is a pity about ace n u.s shipping. Lets hope they can be back down the line.

In the meantime , in the u.s, the seed source recently started carrying indian landrace exchange gear. They do have the manipuri and burmese in stock. I have ordered from them. Quick shipping with tracking.

Happy to report i also recently received my ace gear from a bank up in canada. Many thanks Ace.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
It is a pity about ace n u.s shipping. Lets hope they can be back down the line.

and of course they have an amazing sale right now haha

i shoulda picked up honduras and oth when i had the chance :/

and now all these indian landraces...

it's for the best, i'm paycheck to paycheck right now and between proper homes, so i'll just keep sticking around reading reports.

very interested in reports on southern indian tropical sativas.

i sometimes wonder if since india has a long history with ganja and also trading, maybe some of the cannabis strains in eastern and southern africa, and the indian ocean islands, came from tropical india. (i guess that or maybe seafarers hopping from southeast asia?)

doesn't ethiopia have a long trading history with india?

squatty

Yes, I too wish I could order but then I realize how grateful I am to have gotten the Ace strains I've already gotten. Then I think about how I won't be able to grow many of my seeds for many years anyway!

paisajedehierba

Kerala Gold five and a half month after harvest

Kerala Gold five and a half month after harvest

Yester, Friday night, I remembered some of my deffered tasks. I decided picking out the good buds from Kerala Gold branches to be the worthiest task. The branches were harvested relatively early after 17 weeks of flowering in June 2020. They were stored in an airtight box in the cool tempered cellar.
Their look was not that promising. Many brown and yellow leafs and seeded wispy buds between better looking buds. But the smell made a difference. I found, not loud but clearly, those Indian spices. Also the look of a good part of the buds had a silverish resin shimmer illuminated by the head lamp I had worn.
I smoked 0,3g Kerala Gold buds in a little cigarette. The smoke was very mild and the taste was close by what the smell already promised.
Kerala Gold hit fast and strong but not too overwhelming. There was an immediate state of readiness, come what may. The effect developed in a friendly manner, able to conversate, able to focus on the task. To stand up and do various additional things was easy this Friday night. As a bonus I noticed something like an inner smiling. The energy that Keral Gold gave me lasted round about two hours. Falling asleep the inner smiling was still there and the night sleep was deep.
Today I am fine. No tiredness.

Attachments

• 06-03-2020_Kerala Gold.jpg
    06-03-2020_Kerala Gold.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Kerala Gold_flowering end of week 16_to much N.jpg
    Kerala Gold_flowering end of week 16_to much N.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Kerala Gold_little bud_ripe seeds.jpg
    Kerala Gold_little bud_ripe seeds.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 172
  • P1050621.jpg
    P1050621.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 160
  • P1050625.jpg
    P1050625.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
selection #3 of the balochistan sounds great to me. Joyous effects. wonder how it compares to purple satellite as euphoric smoke. Would love to see some test grows though. All 4 selections of the pakistani are pretty pricey compared with everything else so I'm wondering the justification for it

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recently got some Nepali (highland) Annapurna circuit seeds from Cecil...anyone have any info? I'm in the high plains desert, Southwest usa, 3900 feet (1200? Meters) elevation. Hot summers. 100+°F

vinrusso

Does anyone have any info on the Cambodian (Mekong Delta) seeds that Indian Landrace is selling? I don't see them listed on ACE but they are on at least one seed reseller that I have seen.

ULMW

Does anyone have any info on the Cambodian (Mekong Delta) seeds that Indian Landrace is selling? I don't see them listed on ACE but they are on at least one seed reseller that I have seen.

Best PM Irazzin or Dubi direct... Does look nice 20wk flower time but Stella rewards.. Happy Growing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba :) Thanks a lot for your feedback on ILE's Kerala Gold!

It's not easy to grow properly indoors these type of extreme long flowering tropical sativas, some plants may not even show all their potential indoors and would need a good sunny and warm outdoor climate for it. So congrats on your patience, looks like she didn't stretch much after all!

Gerardbutler79, the price for the Mustang Balochi selections are expensive due to the quality and rarity of the genetics, these are selections from specific plants from 2019, so these releases are unrepeatable and of limited stock. Also, it has been very difficult to make the seeds available from their source in Balochistan, Pakistan.

subrob, not sure about your Annapurna seeds, but we have released a pure Nepalese Annapurna strain in 2020, you may find interesting the official strain thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=369417

vinrusso, we try to offer most ILE strains on our website, but their Cambodian is one we don't offer yet, will probably do it in the future.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Purple Dasht

Purple Dasht

We have just received stock from a new Pakistani Balochi landrace strain called Purple Dasht, released by ILE not long ago, also available on ACE Seeds website since this week.

Here's Purple Dasht description and pics.

Balochistan's cannabis culture has been one that could be one that could be seen as a legend amongst the legends. Balochistan that is located within Pakistan is also bordered with Afghanistan and Iran on its North-West and West respectively and to ponder the amount of cultural traffic is almost mind boggling. For a number of reasons, the farmers here have a much more progressive thinking in terms of using agricultural practices to gradually improve one's crop and that very often leads them away from shadows of their culture.

Last year Indian Landrace Exchange brought everyone Balochistan Selections from Mastung District. This year they have focused towards the desert region of Dasht which is basically a series of mountains, skirts and secluded valleys at the outskirts of Quetta. This particular region at the outskirts of Quetta is extremely dry and features a desert climate with almost no rains through the warmer months of the year, and almost all precipitation comes down in the form of snow during the winters. The temperature remains cool almost throughout the year at the mountains, with snowfall taking place from early November to early December.

Balochistan in itself is located only at around 30ºN of the equator without extreme altitudes (not surpassing 4000 meters), so the season length actually allows for the regional landraces to exhibit features that are quintaessential to naturally adapted populations to mid latitude ranges of approx between 24º-32ºN. These populations usually express features that are characteristically marked by medium-long flowering term of 11-13 weeks, which includes a pre flowering stretch of 3-4 weeks before the plants actually go into stage of rapid floral bract production, so eventually plants would finish with 3-4X in size by the time they finish to ripe.

However, to everyone's convenience the farmers notoriously import fully domesticated cannabis varieties from higher latitude regions such as Afghanistan and Uzbekistan to amalgamate with their regional landrace strain (as described above) to achieve shorter flowering compact plants that boast an overall higher concentration of cannabinoids and terpenes, which invariably translates in producing a more flavorful and potent hash.

As one can understand that selection and maintenance of the crop in traditional cannabis hotspots is done in a crude manner and hence a tremendous amount of diversity can be seen, but only in terms of plant and flower's structure, while smell, high, colors and flowering duration remain consistent to a fair extent.

Indian Landrace Exchange chose to work with one of the very skilled farmers from this region who is known for his beautiful purple/red plants and for producing hash of acute effects. With his much needed help, Indian Landrace Exchange made some beautiful purple selections from his garden keeping in mind to still cover full genetic diversity of his farm, so as a result a lot of different types of purple plants is what makes Purple Dasht seed stock to provide a wide angle view of his landrace strain.

Quintessential Purple Dasht features:

Color: An appreciable amount of plants express lucid colors on leave and floral bracts alike. Colorful undersides of the leaves are one of the typical features of this strain.

Smell: The smell takes off an acrid tangent with a number of components such as pine, phenol, fuel, eastern spices and naphthalene with occasional faint floral hints. The smell is also quite intense indicating a high concentration of terpenes.

Effects: Purple Dashti imparts a very clear and focused, cerebrally oriented high, which can be utilized and observed as an energetic high, although it builds up gradually in first 15 minutes and then stabiizes for a period of close to 1-2 hours, depending upon the dosage used. The effects in a nutshell are quite social and enjoyable, without causing severe effects such as heart palpitations or paranoia.

Structures: In a 10 seed run, there will be plants that would structurally resemble very closely tall narrow leaf varieties or their regional landrace variety. And then there will be plants expressing short compact frame reminiscent of the fully domesticated varieties from higher latitude regions, which have been embedded into their local genepool by gradual introduction and amalgamation.

Flowering: Plants will finish flowering within 9-11 weeks regardless of the structure they express.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/indian-landrace-exchange/purpledashtregularseeds.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201230-220527_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220527_Instagram.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20201230-220435_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220435_Instagram.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20201230-220418_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220418_Instagram.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20201230-220514_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220514_Instagram.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20201230-220538_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220538_Instagram.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20201230-220404_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220404_Instagram.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20201230-220348_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220348_Instagram.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20201230-220454_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-220454_Instagram.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 99

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Hi dubi
Can u tell us a little about how the seeds were selected? Balochistan is quite big so first i thought they were different cultivar but now i think they are the different phenotypes of a local cultivar. Is there a close genetical relationship between them? Were the 4 plants from different spots or from one field?
Have the #3 in my fridge and hope for some nice giggly weed without impending doom tendency

ULMW

Think you were correct CW they are from what is on ILEpage and posts here too identified one farmer who tends the IBL Balochistani varietal or cultivar and he has breed it continuously but separated the varieties by their effects. The #3 being the giggle type, the first the red and stony, and the fourth scary and doomy...
The new Purple one looks mighty tempting too. I must add.
Happy New Year CW and Happy Growing

Koondense

Veteran
I will try Sheelawathi in spring/summer, would pop them already but it's way too cold for them in winter.
Anyone have experience with this line?

Cheers

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
The new Purple one looks mighty tempting too. I must add.
Happy New Year CW and Happy Growing
Thx man happy new year too it only can get better.

The purple realy looks interresting. Have one or two sandpits in mind where i could try then:biggrin:

But will try the balochi first before i order more. Got in mid flower some floral jasmin notes from kerala chellakutti so i will dev hit some nice balochi fem with the kerala.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wonder what the most trippy lines are? I have Cambodian, Burma, Manipur as those sounded like good choices to trip on.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi chilliwilli,

The 4 Balochi Mastung releases from ILE are 4 different phenotype selections from same field/farmer and from same season in 2019.
I think they have selected more phenotypes from 2020 season which will be released at some point.

For more info, i would recommend you to follow @weedbaluchistan on Instagram, the owner of the field posts a lot about his plants, local hash production and Balochi culture, extremely interesting.

Hi dubi
Can u tell us a little about how the seeds were selected? Balochistan is quite big so first i thought they were different cultivar but now i think they are the different phenotypes of a local cultivar. Is there a close genetical relationship between them? Were the 4 plants from different spots or from one field?
Have the #3 in my fridge and hope for some nice giggly weed without impending doom tendency

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yesum,

Their tropical sativa landraces releases like their South Indians, Myanmar, etc would be the best choices for trippy effects.

Wonder what the most trippy lines are? I have Cambodian, Burma, Manipur as those sounded like good choices to trip on.

Hello,

There are two strains I am interested in : Niti Valley and Suratgarh. Do you know if they will be available from ACE anytime soon ?

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts