What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quote from my son - “I have no use for Sativa’s”

EastFortRock

Do you all find this to be a common thing with younger people? I kind of relate , because I grow hybrids with a chill high, but his statement made me chuckle. (My son in his 20’s has worked for medical and recreational grow op’s)

Limeygreen

Veteran
They say that until they smoke it then they can't be arsed for even 14 weeks flowering, more nld for me.

rolandomota

If he only knew that mexican weed is just as good as home grow at least the mex I get is good and comparable. I would rather have a pound for 300 that lasts me 2 months vs an ounce for 300 that lasts me a week max .....I understand most are not in my shoes and can't get cheap Mex ....well that sucks for you

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Do you all find this to be a common thing with younger people? I kind of relate , because I grow hybrids with a chill high, but his statement made me chuckle. (My son in his 20’s has worked for medical and recreational grow op’s)
Most young folks I meet would prefer sedation. I know I used to have the same preference, back before I started understanding a lot more about life and myself. Considering the state of society today, do you really blame them? lol

Remember, most kids have a very limited experience bucket to draw from. :)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
A lot of people find sativa's weak because they judge potency on how close to sleeping you are. The more lethargic the more potent.

Once they grow up and realize life is short, couch surfing is unproductive, and indica is a hindrance to productivity, they will want a more sativa leaning effect.

Best thing to do is puff em down with some strong racy NLD and show them a real sativa effect. Most people have never experienced that.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't worry about it!
Just imagine you had a 10 second attention span and were looking into your phone 24/7/365, you'd want to be sedated too!
Give an extra fine red wine to a 10 year old, they won't be able to appreciate it, they want candy and hot chocolate instead.

Already the old greeks said that the youth wasn't good for anything any more and with sativas as with many fine things in life , you need to develop the taste for them first.
Aka get really old ;-)

CC

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ya. Kush kush kush... it's all I hear from them.

"It slows the world down for me." I imagine a young kid trying to burn the candle at both ends needs something to help cope with.

T

TakenByTheSky

I love sativa's myself but when I was growing for others very few ever had appreciation for sativa's. Even my dad whos in his 60s and been smoking since the 70s prefers indica Dom's.

I like sativa because it helps me get shit done whether is be working out or just doing shit around the house.

Ppl tell me sativa's aren't potent enough because it doesn't put them to sleep or leave them drooling on the couch for hours.

hellfire

The difference here is that he thinks a plant is supposed to be used (probably as in make him money if commercial) as opposed to enjoyed and loved

H G Griffin

The way I tried to explain the difference to a young noob is that an indica stone is an activity on its own. You turn into a lump and fixate on tv or tunes or whatever.
Sativas tend to enhance other activities rather than being an end in themselves. Getting my C99 on and doing domestic chores while the tunes play, or fishing, or hiking is very enjoyable to me.
Obviously not a perfect analogy, but it seemed to help.

I recently had another younger friend, though a long time user, give me some feedback on the various strains I've shared with him. Not surprisingly, he ranked their potency by how heavy of an indica effect they each have. He's open minded and observant though and is learning to appreciate more subtle qualities.
We rarely got sativas around here on the black market, so many have almost no experience and don't even know what to look for.

T

TakenByTheSky

Potency seems misunderstood by non growers. To me potency is the amount needed to feel the desired effect from a plant and how hard it pounds my ass into the couch.

I guess if you didn't grow what your smoking you might not know what it should do to you and you would rationalize it by saying it's not potent.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah
Couch locking indicas,,
Hope there taste will mature with age and experience,,,,,

Jestocost

5 harvests a year vs. 3.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If you're gonna smoke heavy stone Indicas, you might as well just do downers...

For more than 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality; not to escape from it...

Ready4

Veteran
Many hybrids can work both ways. Enjoy a heavier smoke at the end of the day. Love a motivational sativa during the day. Then there are the brownies from Casey Jones trim....
Motivational would be an understatement. : > )

Latest posts

Latest posts