What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cultivating Zamaldelica and Jarilla de Sinaloa by the Danube

yoss33

Veteran
Hi there! It's a long topic with so many variables, but if we have to make such huge generalisations as "sativa", "indica" and especially "hybrid", here are a few things that come to my mind:
Sativas are tall, branchy and acclimatised to longer seasons, so they flower longer. They don't require much food. Their leaves are thin and not heavy, so the plants can grow big branches that can withstand storms and don't need support.
Indicas are usually short, columnar and acclimatised to short dry seasons. Their leaves are wide and heavy, but since they don't grow big branches, they don't need support too.
Hybrids can be anything, but they are usually big and hungry, so you have to feed them more and support them because their branches are big with big heavy leaves, so they easily break in stormy weather.
Plants with bigger and denser buds (indicas and hybrids) can easily develop mold inside the buds in rainy weather.
All strains benefit from stronger light. I think day-night temperature fluctuation and some (but not many) pests to stimulate the defences will also make your harvest a bit more potent, but that might be just "myths":)
I'm sure there are articles that cover this topic more deeply, but here was my short take on it! Good luck in growing!