What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hokkaido Japan

cbotany

420giveaway
Hey! Just wanted to say thanks Dubi, I have limited space but the Hokkaido I grew out was very cool! It seemed to reveg after flower and showed semiauto traits, I crossed her up in the greenhouse and I have seeds from her which in time I hope to sort out, the year i grew her out mold seemed to attack everything if not fully in small amounts on the fully developed seed pods, but the Hokkaido had zero mold and surprising effects! I don't get anything tested but when I get more space/time I'm going to sort through all seeds and make a cross with her!

goingrey

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks Dubi, I have limited space but the Hokkaido I grew out was very cool! It seemed to reveg after flower and showed semiauto traits, I crossed her up in the greenhouse and I have seeds from her which in time I hope to sort out, the year i grew her out mold seemed to attack everything if not fully in small amounts on the fully developed seed pods, but the Hokkaido had zero mold and surprising effects! I don't get anything tested but when I get more space/time I'm going to sort through all seeds and make a cross with her!
Surprising effects as in a high? Please tell more.

cbotany

420giveaway
Surprising effects as in a high? Please tell more.
Yeah man, I was thinking it was gonna be very light similar to other feral hemps or not active at all, but it hit me like a true sativa, not very long lasting effects. I don't really smoke i only vaporize but vaporized it definitely hits, I haven't smoked it in a few years but man, I fully remember being surprised, I crossed it up to what ever was growing in the greenhouse at the time (auto flowers, maybe a north korean male ) but I hope to fully work it into its own deal.

goingrey

Yeah man, I was thinking it was gonna be very light similar to other feral hemps or not active at all, but it hit me like a true sativa, not very long lasting effects. I don't really smoke i only vaporize but vaporized it definitely hits, I haven't smoked it in a few years but man, I fully remember being surprised, I crossed it up to what ever was growing in the greenhouse at the time (auto flowers, maybe a north korean male ) but I hope to fully work it into its own deal.
So it seems rizraz's THC pheno find wasn't an isolated incident, very interesting.

Vaping is def better than smoking especially for the low potency varieties. Just have to stuff that bowl full, a couple of times hehe. But the hits can be alright and not just a way to get a headache from inhaling too much smoke.

cbotany

420giveaway
So it seems rizraz's THC pheno find wasn't an isolated incident, very interesting.

Vaping is def better than smoking especially for the low potency varieties. Just have to stuff that bowl full, a couple of times hehe. But the hits can be alright and not just a way to get a headache from inhaling too much smoke.
Yeah bud, I had a problem with over doing it with water pipes, dry herb vaporizers saved my lungs, I don't recommend alot of seeds but there is something untapped and unique in this strain, I don't know if it will come out in the crosses tho

420empire

Veteran
cool update! curious if it could be speed breed to higher thc. Dubi are u guys having any thoughts bout selecting for higher thc ?? Really cool strain. Is there any other interesting japanese strains wiht more psychoactivity it could breed with :)
Otherwise some thai or chinese could be breed in .. ?

goingrey

If you want some seeds and are willing to wait till i have a shipping day I can send you 15 or so if you promise to breed, this one is one i'm kinda limited with
Nah man thanks but my tent is already fully booked for years with all kinds of plans, and just a tiny one, unlikely to be bigger than yours..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really happy to hear you had a good experience with Hokkaido Japan @cbotany :) thanks for sharing your experience with us. @rizraz work with P2 (and further generations) of the strain clearly showed there's potential to increase the content of main cannabinoids in the pure line, and to find more refined terpene profiles to eventually improve the line generation after generation or by backcrossings of standout females.

Hokkaido's weather is very harsh: rainy and cold, so the natural mold and cold resistance of this line is high, showing semi autoflowering tendencies due to short season during flowering.

cbotany

420giveaway
Really happy to hear you had a good experience with Hokkaido Japan @cbotany :) thanks for sharing your experience with us. @rizraz work with P2 (and further generations) of the strain clearly showed there's potential to increase the content of main cannabinoids in the pure line, and to find more refined terpene profiles to eventually improve the line generation after generation or by backcrossings of standout females.

Hokkaido's weather is very harsh: rainy and cold, so the natural mold and cold resistance of this line is high, showing semi autoflowering tendencies due to short season during flowering.
I'll definitely post on here when I revisit the seeds, If you want any seed back just let me know! Sharing is caring!

Piff_cat

It's not surprising to find these special northeast asian types with full drug profile. In fact there is a specific chemotype found in tochichi no1(jap) and andong(Korea) which is THC/CBC and CBg ether with 0 CBD. Refered to as type 4 in older literature Sam's group did a CBC paper using the andong. All Korean types are drug type with minimal CBD. Ne asian fibre hemp cannot be grown legally under un law because there THC is too high tested in between 4-5% . The semi auto plants are the key selection for drug type