What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Anonimas1989

Hey Dubi, can lab provide thcv content of these flowers? thcv shows how psychedelic and high it can be. Never saw tests of malawi thcv content

Anonimas1989

Also when you will cross it with old killer malawi again you said few posts back. And get even more malawi, when can we expect those seeds to come up?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Anonimas1989,

I understand your point but let me explain mine and you will also understand it.

To produce an autoflowering Malawi you must cross first Malawi with an autoflowering strain. Since all the autoflowering scene started with the lowryder strain around 10 years ago, many good autoflowering strains have been developed since then, and many autoflowering strains have been refined through all these years and generations, breeding them towards desirable psychoactive effects and terpenes mainly coming from dutch and north american mostly indica strains, and avoiding as much as possible the lack of psychoactivity of original rudelaris strains and lowryder, just keeping the autoflowering trait from the already currently very distant rudelaris ancestors.

Summing up, nowadays there's a big range of good autoflowering strains, which currently produce an outcome that is closer to the psychoactive indicas used to develop them rather than ruderalis. But most of the autoflowering strains available today are mainly indica/rudelaris hybrids, there's a huge lack of sativa dominant autoflowering strains and although to breed autoflowering strains was not a priority for us (if we wanted to get fast money selling bulk autoflowering seeds we would do it 10 years ago, but we have done it now, breeding our first autoflowering strain from the scratch and when it was the 'right' moment).

There is no point to cross our super rich THC killer Malawi parental plants with low psychoactive rudelaris so instead of that, we crossed our Malawi with a good quality Northern Lights autoflowering line that one of our collaborators has been breeding for years (as i explained in detail in this thread in post #15).

Current Auto Malawi x NL F3 release produces different phenos as stated in the description of the strain. Ranging from more pure indica types like the original NL auto line, to more sativa/indica expressions (these are the ones i like more) to very sativa expressions.

As i also explained previously in this thread, beside inbred current Auto Malawi x NL to its 4th generation (F4), we are also crossing back Auto Malawi x NL again with pure Malawis (in this case to the New Killer Malawi parental plant, instead of the old killer used to initially develop this our first auto strain, for more info check my post #41 and #48 of this thread) with the aim to produce a super strong and more pure sativa Malawi influenced autoflowering strain. But once you cross an autoflowering (Auto Malawi x NL) with a non autoflowering strain (like pure Malawi) then the outcome is again non autoflowering, so all the breeding must be done again to become this new hybrid into an autoflowering strain, and to achieve this can take years and generations of breeding.

Regarding dutch passion' durban, i grew it 20 years ago and it was far to be the pure south african sativa they advertised. I don't know what they offer now as durban poison, but if you are interested in real good durban sativas then i would recommend you to explore Cannabiogen/USC durban limited edition.

And i only believe about cannabinoid contents (THCV or others) stated by other seedbanks and breeders when i can see a real analytic file directly from the lab like we do with our strains. Otherwise for me it's just an estimation or directly an invention.

Last edited:

ULMW

Welcome Anonimas1989,

I understand your point but let me explain mine and you will also understand it.

To produce an autoflowering Malawi you must cross first Malawi with an autoflowering strain. Since all the autoflowering scene started with the lowryder strain around 10 years ago, many good autoflowering strains have been developed since then, and many autoflowering strains have been refined through all these years and generations, breeding them towards desirable psychoactive effects and terpenes mainly coming from dutch and north american mostly indica strains, and avoiding as much as possible the lack of psychoactivity of original rudelaris strains and lowryder, just keeping the autoflowering trait from the already currently very distant rudelaris ancestors.

Summing up, nowadays there's a big range of good autoflowering strains, which currently produce an outcome that is closer to the psychoactive indicas used to develop them rather than ruderalis. But most of the autoflowering strains available today are mainly indica/rudelaris hybrids, there's a huge lack of sativa dominant autoflowering strains and although to breed autoflowering strains was not a priority for us (if we wanted to get fast money selling bulk autoflowering seeds we would do it 10 years ago, but we have done it now, breeding our first autoflowering strain from the scratch and when it was the 'right' moment).

There is no point to cross our super rich THC killer Malawi parental plants with low psychoactive rudelaris so instead of that, we crossed our Malawi with a good quality Northern Lights autoflowering line that one of our collaborators has been breeding for years (as i explained in detail in this thread in post #15).

Current Auto Malawi x NL F3 release produces different phenos as stated in the description of the strain. Ranging from more pure indica types like the original NL auto line, to more sativa/indica expressions (these are the ones i like more) to very sativa expressions.

As i also explained previously in this thread, beside inbred current Auto Malawi x NL to its 4th generation (F4), we are also crossing back Auto Malawi x NL again with pure Malawis (in this case to the New Killer Malawi parental plant, instead of the old killer used to initially develop this our first auto strain, for more info check my post #41 and #48 of this thread) with the aim to produce a super strong and more pure sativa Malawi influenced autoflowering strain. But once you cross an autoflowering (Auto Malawi x NL) with a non autoflowering strain (like pure Malawi) then the outcome is again non autoflowering, so all the breeding must be done again to become this new hybrid into an autoflowering strain, and to achieve this can take years and generations of breeding.

Regarding dutch passion' durban, i grew it 20 years ago and it was far to be the pure south african sativa they advertised. I don't know what they offer now as durban poison, but if you are interested in real good durban sativas then i would recommend you to explore Cannabiogen/USC durban limited edition.

And i only believe about cannabinoid contents (THCV or others) stated by other seedbanks and breeders when i can see a real analytic file directly from the lab like we do with our strains. Otherwise for me it's just an estimation or directly an invention.

Greetings Dubi,
Wow! Thank you for answering that question , and how you answered just again shows Ace Seeds greatness and unmatched customer service. Big up!
Again maximum raspect for the detailed A to Z of AutoFlower Breeding. So fascinating , so laborous and yet so properly executed it inspires me and all who love to garden and farm this special plant. F3 now well done! Forgot to order on my last seed purchase. Hope I can in the August order I am organizing currently.
Happy growing to each and all.

Anonimas1989

Hey Duby, yes you are right about breeding and I love reading your posts. You see what I mean is that a lot of us do not have ways to grow african sativas photoperiod strains in our areas. We can only do autos (advanced strains), About 3 years ago I dreamed of malawi auto, there wasn't any at that moment. And lots of other folks dreamed of it too (Lots of forums talked about that). How ever what they did was dreaming and dreams actually went into mass consciousness. Then suddenly someone who is capable to do it, realize that dream. How beautiful huh? Its you my friend. And you see thcv is a cannabinoid in Sativas like Malawi that brings up clarity, energy, expression and emotion, movement. In other hand less and less people choose indicas because they do not give energy and therefore no expression and movement and good mood, you simply fall sleeping missing everything, furthermore you forget, I know lots of folks who quit because of these reasons they cant even do their daily tasks. Regular indica cannabis is not serving new ones that are coming in anymore. Humanity is evolving right now like never before and they know old ways of smoking therefore they know what they want knowing what they had. Humanity more and more wants to be it self, celebrate in new ways with clarity in comparison with old drunk ways. And cannabis is expression of this desire, it helps us to be ones we want. So in next 5years thcv dominant strains will become priority and autos even more as it will let express humanity it self in upcoming times. There is no need to choose no energy if you can choose energy. Why choose Amnesia if you can choose clarity? or do nothing if you can express your Harisma. There were great visionaries who knew what humanity needs like steve jobs (apple creator) simplicity is what we need he said so we have IPhone now which is simple. Nicola tesla was such a visionary he knew all about free energy patterns to create free energy motor now days teslas ideas is coming out of the woods, only now. And you my friend are also, you create strain that will be standard for the rest of humanity in very near future. There is no need to create lots of strains its not the point, only one is needed right now. But it must contain availability to grow everywhere, clarity, energy, lysergic kind of high, which take away pain (cbd) There are lots of people who do not have ways to grow under lights in hydroponics etc.. Most popular strains will become simple you put it in the ground, and your job is done so its auto. You enjoy rather then work it. So clarity my friend is malawi gold high thcv content and auto. There should be as less indicas genes as possible, unless because of size and cbd content which is advantage for this new energy. So you are cannabis visionary we all waited for. The one who can create this holy strain that will become future fundament for further strains. So will you cross it with old killer malawi again to create even more malawi influence pheno? and when can we expect that if you will? Nemaste :)

Anonimas1989

And I am growing Jack the ripper right now which is half indica it is reg and only at the end of the summer I will be able to see if its not a pal... You can see your self how little advanced we are at thcv strains.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Anonimas 1989,

I really appreciate your kind words and i also firmly believe that there's a huge lack of sativa genetic diversity in the current genepool of modern psychoactive cannabis strains, that is dominated by mostly indica hybrids, mainly composed with a genetic background based on dutch skunks and north american kushes.

At ACE Seeds, we do our best to contribute and to make richer the current marijuana genepool with our preservation works with landraces and with our breeding efforts to develop new and different high quality sativa strains.

I also understand the interest of northern outdoor growers looking for autoflowering strains with strong sativa influence. We also will do our best to improve current autoflowering genepool in that sense, by breeding new autoflowering strains with stronger sativa traits.

Current Auto Malawi x NL F3 was already created with the Old Killer Malawi, so now we wanted to enter the New Killer Malawi parental plant into the Auto Malawi x NL hybrid to bring it as much as possible to the best Malawi side. We have no plans to backcross Auto Malawi x NL back to Old Killer Malawi parental plant as she already did her contribution to the hybrid.

I take with a grain of salt when i read others' comments stating that THCV cannabinoid is the panacea to look for the best and most trippy sativas.

How many of those people have actually tried THCV rich strains that have been analyzed by a lab, confirming that the samples they are talking about have indeed relevant THCV content ? Have you tried pure THCV ? Because when we are talking about the psychoactive properties of cannabis we must evaluate the whole synergy between all the cannabinoids and all the terpenes that cannabis plant can produce. To make statements about one strain or sample based on a single parameter (one cannabinoid or one terpene) is to miss the point to really be able to understand the whole and complex issue of cannabis psychoactivity.

To give you a concrete example (and this statement is based on lab analysis of the our Malawi strain done at different labs and with different samples coming from different Malawi parental plants and from different growers): the overpowering, complex and super long lasting Malawi effects are not related to THCV, in fact and as far as we know, our Malawi line lacks of THCV (maybe future analysis done in bigger populations can change the validity of this statement), so the qualities of Malawi's effect are mainly related to a very high THC content (20-30 %), remarkable CBG content (0.5-1%) and its terpene profile, we have not found remarkable CBD or THCV content in our Malawi strain.

Indeed, all of us: growers, breeders, seed produces and even big pharma we are still trying to understand this complex synergy between all the cannabinoids and terpenes, and due to there are so many parameters and due to the subjective properties of cannabis effects in different persons it will probably take us years (decades) to fully understand it and to reach a consensus.

Anyway and to be on topic, this thread is dedicated to Auto Malawi x NL hybrid, its breeding, development, growing questions, grow diaries, etc ...
I would prefer to discuss about these other issues in other threads dedicated to that concrete matters.

squatty

Thank you for all this information and your work on this plant dubi. I'll have to wait till next year to try it. Yum!

'Boogieman'

Since Zamaldelica once had autoflowering genes in it's linage, does Ace ever plan to use Zamaldelica in it's auto strains?

Jammal

wow just wow, looks amazing , loving these sativa heavy autoflowers , crazy looking..

would love to see some of the extreme sativa's like the Vietnamese black made autoflower, whatever it is, I'm sure you got some special auto projects in the works, can't wait to see what comes of these new possibilities

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Since Zamaldelica once had autoflowering genes in it's linage, does Ace ever plan to use Zamaldelica in it's auto strains?

Hi Boogieman,

Yes, we are already breeding our Zamaldelica elite mother with our first autoflowering strain to hopefully develop an autoflowering Zamaldelcia version, and at the same time working on other autoflowering strains with strong sativa influence with different sativa genetics as well ;) I also would like to breed the semi autoflowering pure Zamals with the autos.

Ras Pablo has been kind enough to offer me the Zamal A x Lebanese seeds he produced years ago. Should be fun to explore this hybrid as both parental lines are semi autoflowering, and the outcome will probably will be semi autoflowering too.
But we will need to deal with hermie tendencies too in a hybrid of this kind, it will require refinement and proper selection in upcoming generations to release a hybrid of this kind, like it was the case with breeding of Zamaldelica.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
wow just wow, looks amazing , loving these sativa heavy autoflowers , crazy looking..

would love to see some of the extreme sativa's like the Vietnamese black made autoflower, whatever it is, I'm sure you got some special auto projects in the works, can't wait to see what comes of these new possibilities

Thanks and welcome Jammal, more interesting autoflowering sativa strains will arise in the future from us ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
For those looking for the more Malawi sativa influenced phenos of our Auto Malawi x NL F3 release ;)

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August5.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August5.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August7.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August7.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Auto Malawi x NLs high yielding sativa phenos early August2.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs high yielding sativa phenos early August2.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Auto Malawi x NLs high yielding sativa phenos early August3.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs high yielding sativa phenos early August3.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August8.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August8.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno cola early August2.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno cola early August2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno colas early August.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno colas early August.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August4.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August4.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August6.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL high yielding sativa pheno early August6.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Auto Malawi x NLs high yielding sativa phenos early August.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs high yielding sativa phenos early August.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 96

Koondense

Veteran
They are very impressive in size and overall look, a great genetic combo + good weather and you have a field of dreams :)
I suspect they'll be very interesting for northern growers who can't afford to wait for sativas to freeze in november-december-january...I think I'll try them next season to see how they perform here.

Thanks for the gorgeous photos Dubi!

G

Hi Boogieman,

Yes, we are already breeding our Zamaldelica elite mother with our first autoflowering strain to hopefully develop an autoflowering Zamaldelcia version, and at the same time working on other autoflowering strains with strong sativa influence with different sativa genetics as well ;) I also would like to breed the semi autoflowering pure Zamals with the autos.

Ras Pablo has been kind enough to offer me the Zamal A x Lebanese seeds he produced years ago. Should be fun to explore this hybrid as both parental lines are semi autoflowering, and the outcome will probably will be semi autoflowering too.
But we will need to deal with hermie tendencies too in a hybrid of this kind, it will require refinement and proper selection in upcoming generations to release a hybrid of this kind, like it was the case with breeding of Zamaldelica.

The Zamal A x Lebanese could be great,stabilized semi-autos are also good, an auto Zam hybrid sounds better without the lowryder me thinks ;) Gonna try the Auto malawi hybrid next year,though,missed it just by days...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words :)
I'm glad you are also enjoying with the Auto Malawi x NLs pics.

A few more ....

First 2 pics are the taller very sativa Malawi autoflowering phenos.
Next 2 pics are the also quite sativa malawi autoflowering phenos, but with a more compact size.
5th pic is a row of the high yielding and compact sativa/indica phenos.
And last pic is the compact more indica pheno.

Happy to announce that we have just harvested close to 10 000 next generation (F4) Auto malawi x NL seeds, from many different lines.

We also have harvested a few hundreds of seeds of:

Zamaldelica elite mango carrot (F1) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Purple Nepal Jam (F6) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Bangi Haze (F7) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
New Malawi Killer x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Purple Malawi x PCK # 47 (F1) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Kali China 21 - 4 (F4) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Panama Goddess (F10) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)

which should be the base for creating new autoflowering sativa strains, and a few more indica influenced autoflowering hybrids as well. :yes:

Attachments

• Auto Malawi NL sativa pheno 13 th july 060.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL sativa pheno 13 th july 060.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Auto Malawi NL sativa pheno 13 th july 064.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL sativa pheno 13 th july 064.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Auto Malawi NLs 13 th july 076.jpg
    Auto Malawi NLs 13 th july 076.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 56
  • Auto Malawi NLs 13 th july 073.jpg
    Auto Malawi NLs 13 th july 073.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Auto Malawi NLs 13 th july 067.jpg
    Auto Malawi NLs 13 th july 067.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Auto Malawi NL 13 th july 074.jpg
    Auto Malawi NL 13 th july 074.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 58

ULMW

Thanks for the kind words :)
I'm glad you are also enjoying with the Auto Malawi x NLs pics.

A few more ....

First 2 pics are the taller very sativa Malawi autoflowering phenos.
Next 2 pics are the also quite sativa malawi autoflowering phenos, but with a more compact size.
5th pic is a row of the high yielding and compact sativa/indica phenos.
And last pic is the compact more indica pheno.

Happy to announce that we have just harvested close to 10 000 next generation (F4) Auto malawi x NL seeds, from many different lines.

We also have harvested a few hundreds of seeds of:

Zamaldelica elite mango carrot (F1) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Purple Nepal Jam (F6) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Bangi Haze (F7) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
New Malawi Killer x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Purple Malawi x PCK # 47 (F1) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Kali China 21 - 4 (F4) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)
Panama Goddess (F10) x Auto Malawi x NL (F3)

which should be the base for creating new autoflowering sativa strains, and a few more indica influenced autoflowering hybrids as well. :yes:

Thank you Dubi and Ace Seeds Crew. Things just get better n better!

vcasqui

Wow, that's a lot of plants. What an amazing place to grow.

dubi, your job has to be the most satisfying thing ever.

It will be nice to see Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica in auto versions.

OnceUpon

happy to see some new shots!

of the new auto hybrids you have produced, anything in particular that you are planning to prioritize?..

Latest posts

Latest posts