What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

Sensistar42

Has any one done any line work with the Honduras? Wondering what people might have found in there f2s etc. 😊 just made a Violeta x Honduras myself I’ll give that a go in a few months and making some honduras f2s with left over honduras pollen.

Out of a few girls I found a columbian leaner that turns purple and is very foxtaily and smells of sweet lemony meat after 4 months of cure so far.
I need to dig in and find a Mexican pheno for the daytime. I find this Colombian pheno very sedative still, more like my lazy Sunday smoke. 🤣

EnjoyingLife

Has any one done any line work with the Honduras? Wondering what people might have found in there f2s etc. 😊 just made a Violeta x Honduras myself I’ll give that a go in a few months and making some honduras f2s with left over honduras pollen.

Out of a few girls I found a columbian leaner that turns purple and is very foxtaily and smells of sweet lemony meat after 4 months of cure so far.
I need to dig in and find a Mexican pheno for the daytime. I find this Colombian pheno very sedative still, more like my lazy Sunday smoke. 🤣
I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for exactly but a few pages back someone was working with the breeders pack.
I think it was kiefcake but don't have the time to double check...

Talking to Dubi about what went into the breeders pack might be another idea. Or if he's done any F2 work.

After reading Dubis post it could have been solarlogos...
It's not that far back.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi @Sensistar42 thanks for giving a try to Honduras. The Colombian pheno finishes purple under cold temps in flowering, it's lower yielder, but in average has a higher resin content, higher THC and more amounts of terpenes and produces a more relaxing-introspective effects than the Mexican, which is green-yellow, higher yielding, of very bright-uplifiting effects without any tiredness or fogginess.

An F1 is a cross of 2 different landraces or inbred lines. F2 is an F1 plant crossed with a brother or a sister of same F1 generation. P1 is the first generation original seeds collected in its place of origin, P2 is P1xP1 reproduced 'ex situ', therefore our landrace releases cannot be considered F2, F3, etc ... but P2, P3, P4 etc .... this P notation is used in the landrace strain descriptions of our website. Honduras released generation is a P2.

Even long time inbred landraces can still produce different phenos like it's the case of Honduras with the 2 main phenos i described as Mexican and Colombian, so growers can understand better what i'm trying to describe since Mexican and Colombian sativa traits are better known by cannabis community.

Despite the different phenos that can be found in a landrace, the landrace still breeds true for many other traits, and when reproduced by itself remains more or less the same, while a hybrid it's highly heterozygous, producing many unstable phenotypes and showing huge variability in F2 generation, something doesn't happen in P2 landrace generations.

Our friend @SolarLogos has inbred our Honduras for his own and strains remains more or less the same.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Your Honduras brick looks great and really old school @Keif Cake just looking at it makes me feel :abduct:

Impressive vigor on your outdoor Honduras bushes this year @SolarLogos :D Long flowering pure sativa landraces are meant to be planted in the ground and grown big, hopefully this year Honduras flowers surpass in quality your previous efforts with the strain. What do you plan to pollinate with the Honduras male ?

Thanks for your support @xtsho and for giving a try to Honduras :)

Sensistar42

Hi @Sensistar42 thanks for giving a try to Honduras. The Colombian pheno finishes purple under cold temps in flowering, it's lower yielder, but in average has a higher resin content, higher THC and more amounts of terpenes and produces a more relaxing-introspective effects than the Mexican, which is green-yellow, higher yielding, of very bright-uplifiting effects without any tiredness or fogginess.

An F1 is a cross of 2 different landraces or inbred lines. F2 is an F1 plant crossed with a brother or a sister of same F1 generation. P1 is the first generation original seeds collected in its place of origin, P2 is P1xP1 reproduced 'ex situ', therefore our landrace releases cannot be considered F2, F3, etc ... but P2, P3, P4 etc .... this P notation is used in the landrace strain descriptions of our website. Honduras released generation is a P2.

Even long time inbred landraces can still produce different phenos like it's the case of Honduras with the 2 main phenos i described as Mexican and Colombian, so growers can understand better what i'm trying to describe since Mexican and Colombian sativa traits are better known by cannabis community.

Despite the different phenos that can be found in a landrace, the landrace still breeds true for many other traits, and when reproduced by itself remains more or less the same, while a hybrid it's highly heterozygous, producing many unstable phenotypes and showing huge variability in F2 generation, something doesn't happen in P2 landrace generations.

Our friend @SolarLogos has inbred our Honduras for his own and strains remains more or less the same.
Thanks for the clarification on the p generations vs f1s.

From what I’m understanding after reading this thead around 3x over for the most part it’s 2 main pheno types with a rarer longer flowing pheno.

In your time with the honduras have you gone in any directions testing it out. If there were any small different expressions that popped out?

And with honduras in crosses, I believe you said the meat aroma is more dominant in them?

Sorry a lot of questions just blurted out, hard to make everything come out well while doing this at work. 🤣🤣🤣

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Sensistar42 i shared all i know about this Honduras sativa in this thread, didn't keep any info for myself.

Honduras was dominant in terpenes when crossed with Nepal Jam, but recessive when crossed with Panama or Oldtimer's Haze. Whether Honduras is dominant for terpene or not in a cross is something you will need to try, cannot generalise. Violeta is a good strain to add interesting terpene profiles to crosses along with colors, fast flowering, smaller sizes and cold and mold resistance.

Sensistar42

Hi @Sensistar42 i shared all i know about this Honduras sativa in this thread, didn't keep any info for myself.

Honduras was dominant in terpenes when crossed with Nepal Jam, but recessive when crossed with Panama or Oldtimer's Haze. Whether Honduras is dominant for terpene or not in a cross is something you will need to try, cannot generalise. Violeta is a good strain to add interesting terpene profiles to crosses along with colors, fast flowering, smaller sizes and cold and mold resistance.
Thanks for the info dubi! I tend to deep dive in things I’m really interested about and want to know every little things about it. 🤣

For me a lot of cannabis makes me feel lethargic and depressed. Since just about everything has either afghan#1, which gives me anxiety, rapid heartbeat etc. or nl#1 in it which is ok for a day then I get somber and have depressing morbid thoughts from it. I get very particular about the nuances of strains.

The only commercial strain I’ve found that makes me feel very happy and upbeat besides a haze hybrid (that eventually makes me feel crappy from afghani genetics in it). Is sensi star, while I know that it has afghani genetics in it the “sativa” used in it, which is believed to be Big Sur. Really shines over the “indica” part about of it and leaves me happy and motivated in life.

Since it’s believed to have Mexican genetics in it I started searching for pure South American sativas and it landed me at the honduras. Looking at the Mexican pheno to be exact. The Colombian leaning pheno has absolutely no anxiety for me all while being a nice sedative smoke for me in a lazy day. Now just to find a good Mexican pheno.

If the green pheno fits the bill on my needs I will be deep diving/breeding with it for my own needs and to make functional medicine for me.
That’s why I crossed it to the Violeta for a non afghani style of pain relief with out feeling crappy. As well as bringing down the flowering time, adding a coffee like effect and adding more of a sweeter profile along with resistance to cold during the winter months in ny. Where I can’t keep the temp perfect for a long flowering sativa.

Along with the honduras I’m hoping that the Ethiopian for the up beat coffee effects. As well as maybe the haze/pck crosses might give different but still functional for me effects. And then Zamaldelica for fun!! 🤣🤣

For those who have grown both Honduras and Ethiopian, how would you compare the highs? When I read Ace's website descriptions they seem fairly comparable.

I am looking for a strain that gives me the highs I used to get from Mexican brick weed I found in the early to mid 2000's. Those brick weed highs were so different from most of what I find today. Would love to get the same type of high, but have it grown with care instead of being mishandled.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag :) @LearningToBeGreen thanks for your interest on our work.
Both Honduras and Ethiopian have a very clean, cerebral, energetic effects without heaviness.
Although Honduras is much better yielding and closer to the Mexican effects and terpenes you are looking for.

Welcome to ICMag :) @LearningToBeGreen thanks for your interest on our work.
Both Honduras and Ethiopian have a very clean, cerebral, energetic effects without heaviness.
Although Honduras is much better yielding and closer to the Mexican effects and terpenes you are looking for.
Would you recommend the pure Honduras over the Honduras X Panama for a new grower who is looking for the effects I described? The HxP seems like it would be easier to grow inside, but the green Honduras pheno is really calling to me.

RobFromTX

The strangest thing just happened. I emptied my honduras seeds into a water jar and 6 of the 12 sank to the bottom, which atleast for me is usauly a sign of duds . Only for all of them to resurface almost 3 hours later. Ive never had seeds do that before haha 😁 . I popped a few new caledonias as well

RobFromTX

Would you recommend the pure Honduras over the Honduras X Panama for a new grower who is looking for the effects I described? The HxP seems like it would be easier to grow inside, but the green Honduras pheno is really calling to me.

Honduras x Panama was my first ace grow, very manageable and easy strain to deal with. The Honduras is much "wilder",more stretch and she can get a bit bigger too. She doesn't like as much nutes as Panama either, especially in late flower. You can't go wrong with either though. They're both very enjoyable grows

Honduras x Panama was my first ace grow, very manageable and easy strain to deal with. The Honduras is much "wilder",more stretch and she can get a bit bigger too. She doesn't like as much nutes as Panama either, especially in late flower. You can't go wrong with either though. They're both very enjoyable grows
Have you grown both HxP and plain Honduras? If so, would you tell me the differences in the highs.

RobFromTX

Have you grown both HxP and plain Honduras? If so, would you tell me the differences in the highs.

Yes ive grown both. HxP has a more mellow high but still very euphoric and longer lasting. Honduras has an uplifting electric buzz of shorter duration. The green mexican pheno is my favorite, like a shot of espresso on a warm summer day :giggle:

Last edited:
Yes ive grown both. HxP has a more mellow high but still very euphoric and longer lasting. Honduras has an uplifting electric buzz of shorter duration. The green mexican pheno is like a shot of espresso on a warm summer day :giggle:
Of the two, which one do you prefer? Does one of them have more of a unique high compared to other strains? I am looking for something close to the highs I got from Mexican brick weed back in the mid 2000's.
Really trying to decide between HxP, Panama, Honduras as my next grow. Can't pick.

RobFromTX

Honduras seedlings coming along. Down to 10. The finches got the other 2 so i brought them in

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_130951051.jpg
    IMG_20230928_130951051.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56