What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tattoos

kilacaLIbud

THISBUD>

THISBUD>

this bud.. i would never get one without a stencil eather .. this pic is up side down and his arm is twisted.. it looks funny .. but a stencil is just a outline.. u can shade it 1000000 ways u can always mess up with the shading... . i think i pushed it pretty good.. lines are stright.. looks way better then most 1st tattoos with stencils..+ i didnt have the needles i wanted... i only had a 3 round premade shitty needle. and a plastic disposable grip .. that hurt like hell to hold....i acually prefer doin freehand cause u really cant get the lines u want like u can on paper.. on the skin.. ive done 3 already and i prefer long flowing lines that dont stop. and i can get it cymetricle "Sp" to the spot on the body.. i guess it comes from my old skool GRAFITTI days in MS+HS.. doin big pieces on walls in tight spots..but.. also aloot bigger.. and u also cant just erase with a spray can..! :sasmokin:

i will get another updated pic so u can really see how it looks... this pic is kinda funny lookin now that i look at it .. its not how ur suppose to see it .its supposed to be fist up on the chin and sparks the elbow ... :confused:

kilacaLIbud

Chamba said:
the only tat I'd get would be a flowering cannabis plant...maybe a body suit with two plants ..an indica and sativa...starting from each ankle and ending at the neck!

Would any tattooist please explain why is it so hard to tattoo a cannabis leaf, bud or plant that looks good?...just about every ganja tat I've seen looks two dimensional, lifeless and crappy.

Jimmy Buffett

chamba.. ive seen some bad ass tattos of budding plants.. all freehand no lines just color.. thats like a new skool tattoos search for some but usually u have to pay to see a big picture

G

cool!
Im a amateur tattooist, well, an apprentice after my regular job since 2 weeks ago..
I have been drawing aloooot of flash shit, but one day Ill hit skin.. my own theigh im sure at first, killer job on your first tat, i like the sparkplug!

as for my tats, I dont want ot show them online, but I have the oldskool graffix bong jester on my leg since 92, and above that i have some biomechanical nude alien women & other biomechanics ive drawn and my "boss" stenciled & hit me up with in the last 2-3 yrs

theres NOTHING like having your own art on your skin, its so rewarding

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
steel savage said:
Go to "HyperSpace" Tha Owner , Guy Aitchison is a pioneer in abstract art . Here go a samp ! He's outta Chicago .

1 of my arms was filled by Aaron Cain , 14 yrs ago down in S.F. ! of tha all time greats ! Key in his name and check him out to !

:yoinks:

Excellent work :yes:

C

Chamba

the trouble is with the above abstract art work...although it looks great now..won't it blur, smudge and look shitty in about 5 ~ 10 years? ...whereas simple "old style" line work lasts decades before the lines blur

and I dunno about spark plugs, ....I'd prefer a South Seas whahine in a grass skirt on my inner forearm..."watch her dance when I flex"...I remember those from when I was a kid...but each to his own

Last edited:
G

by the way, i have several thousand sheets of flash on my computer, of almost any and all types of designs, if anyone needs a certain type of design, b&w or color, i may have it, also have a few paul booth sheets also I can post up, if I dont see this, just pm me and ill upload the image ya need,.

G

far out savage...

far out savage...

hmmm these souls at the top look mighty familiar:chin:
3307age.jpg

yep, i seen these guys last psilo. trip in my burlwood cabinetry:biglaugh:
thanks for the flashback:eek:
o yeah, nice ink :D:yes:

Last edited:

kilacaLIbud

Chamba said:
the trouble is with the above abstract art work...although it looks great now..won't it blur, smudge and look shitty in about 5 ~ 10 years? ...whereas simple "old style" line work lasts decades before the lines blur

and I dunno about spark plugs, ....I'd prefer a South Seas whahine in a grass skirt on my inner forearm..."watch her dance when I flex"...I remember those from when I was a kid...but each to his own

when the tattoo runs.. means the ink was too deep or too shallow or if ur a scratcher or a pusher..

also.. the spark plug is the center of a whole hotrod sleeve... since my cousin owns and runs 10' sec all motor 5.0 mustangs..and he works at a automotive machine shop.. so anyone building a car? need any machine work at wholesale... !! i got the hook up on th ebest machine shop in socal

G

kilacaLIbud said:
chamba.. ive seen some bad ass tattos of budding plants.. all freehand no lines just color.. thats like a new skool tattoos search for some but usually u have to pay to see a big picture

thats the same tattoo. I have been into for a long time...havent seen one though, but have the shit narrowed down thru research.

-first a detailed MJ flower is gonna have ta be HUGE to be beautiful detail.

-there are a couple of tattoo artists in hawaii that are excellent in flower detail, and thats one of the first places to look.....its natural to them.

-the flower on mine will cover my entire ribcage on the right (colors/shading i'm not sure of yet) ...soil level at about waistline....and deep roots on the thigh/leg

i'd love it if someone could post a pic of a MJ flower tat.....not just the leaf...ya dig?

supernerd

all those tattoo's look good ive been thinking about getting one for a long time but i cant seem to find something or design anything that i would like on my body for the rest of my life... hmmm

LEGI0N

The no stencil thing.. hmm.. well.. As long as you tell people that see it.. that you did it free hand they are going to assume it's just funky.

Just hold yer horses and do it right. You'll get much better and wish you had waited. Tat your friends for free... lol

kilacaLIbud

LEGI0N said:
The no stencil thing.. hmm.. well.. As long as you tell people that see it.. that you did it free hand they are going to assume it's just funky.

Just hold yer horses and do it right. You'll get much better and wish you had waited. Tat your friends for free... lol

how does that make sence.everyone knows what it is when u see it.. . its freehand... its a sparkplug.. how many artists have done a tattoo'd a spark plug.. and from the ones ive seen on the NET mine is not bad...and its still not done.. the spark plug is ruff no the out line.. but it will look alot better when i get some kuro sumi on it .. .. cause its was first time ever using this machine.. the flags are tits..

LEGI0N

kilacaLIbud said:
how does that make sence.everyone knows what it is when u see it.. . its freehand... its a sparkplug.. how many artists have done a tattoo'd a spark plug.. and from the ones ive seen on the NET mine is not bad...and its still not done.. the spark plug is ruff no the out line.. but it will look alot better when i get some kuro sumi on it .. .. cause its was first time ever using this machine.. the flags are tits..

Hey, I didn't say it was 'bad' or that you suck at tattoos. And no, not everyone is going to know what it is. Most will at least know it's a spark plug but not everyone is going to know it was freehand. I didn't.. I have six good size tat's so it's not like I've never seen one before. :joint:

Just take it easy, when you become better or start collecting them from other artist you're going to wish you saved more real estate.

Last edited:
G

i seen a tat mag and some of them women are great to look at yea the tats are ok but hey i wonder what their attitudes are like

yts farmer

Veteran
tatsaint really my thing,but i been catching a programme on sky called miami ink and the work they do is first class.they got a chick on there sometimes called kat that does portaits and she rocks.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
miami ink is a great tattoo show, i watch it every time i get the chance. later on this summer im going to get some more ink maybe an indian or some type of wild animal. tattoo's to me are more than just a picture on your skin, its a beautiful form of art that down the road you will always remember who did the tattoo, why you got it and how your life was going when you had it put onto your body.

buckeye

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Nice guys...im not over forty but i've got loads of ink.

My left arm is a full sleeve color tat..and i have two on my right arm as well...black and red are my favorite colors :)

I dont want to post pics here...a little too public for my taste..but if someone wants to see...drop me a pm ;)