What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

For sures HL....if it were not for selfs or some accidents I'd not have copies (in bean form) of some very good plants...the Hazeolopes for example....I'm pretty sure they were hit with Elephant Head nanner pollen...but I'll save them and catalog with a note indicating probable dads. If I germ 5 and get 5 females I'll figure they are from the nanners...and select one or two to flower...little scouting mission to see if they are worth working with. I know I like the parents soooooo...

Whatever it was that hit my last batch of plants (the Hazes...the E-Heads....P-Heads...Hazeolopes...that batch)....hit them pretty good in some cases....I've 100s of beans off the OHxSk1...way way less on the E-Heads ,P-Heads, Hazeolopes....and I'll have 100s off the AHs....gets me to wondering if it wasn't the OHxSK1....because I have to deseed her to smoke her...lots of seeds in other words....not like a brick...but close lol...

I don't think I'd mess with those beans off the OHxSk1 though...it would take so much time...with a lot of risk....I'd not gamble on those....but I might well try the Hazeolopes out of curiosity (and if I want to hold on to Hazeolope...out of necessity)....the others I still have beans of so no reason to gamble there.

All I know is....inter sex dust...is desperate dust.....and has saved me and led me to many dynamite plants....some really shitty hazardous ones....and many middle of the road plants...seems like chaos to me....selection usually trumps everything else in time.

T

THE PABLOS

Salad bowl of Afghan Haze....

Salad bowl of Afghan Haze....

....every growing boy needs his lunch.

Harvested last week sometime....late 60s....didn't hit the 70 day mark....Hazy flower structure...lots of fox tails...she was lightly seeded by(??speculation)...probably found at least 30 ripe and ready beans...not overwhelming....too many for an unplanned pollination...sometimes I'll have to sail the ship through unpredicted pollen burst... up into uncharted waters and the like. Chaos factor...the guiding siren...she's just around the next reef...over the next mountain...in the next batch of beans.

T

THE PABLOS

HarvestGermHarvestGermHarvestG erm

HarvestGermHarvestGermHarvestG erm

Interesting stuff comes my way...on the right day....

L

Lloyd_Christmas

Usually salads don't fill me up. That one just might :joint:

Nice looking buds, what do you think of the afghan haze overall?

T

THE PABLOS

Usually salads don't fill me up. That one just might :joint:

Nice looking buds, what do you think of the afghan haze overall?

I don't think you could really go wrong with the Afghan Haze....I've not harvested all of them yet but I'm sure they will smoke fine....I'll sample and give a report when I have them all ready.

It would be hard not to think of this cross as breeding material...solid foundations to blend with any variety of things...whether going indica or sativa....expressions should be readily at hand. I'm hoping to get my 2nd batch into the F2s....then I'll take a look around.

At the very least...having someone else put the F1s together saves me a step and all that time. In reality I don't expect over the top dank flavors or elite head stash out of this cross.....instead I'm shooting for well bred reliability. I plan to use all my Haze hybrids as different avenues into my own thing....never that interested in staying too far in line breeding...more like injections/infusions to anchor off crosses with....I see the Afghan Haze as an anchor...yup that's what I'm trying to say. Meets my expectations for that purpose...successful and happy with it.

2-COOH

hazeappreciationing

hazeappreciationing

Manicured OH X SK1

Group shot

...I recognize a "Dutched" structure as Haze too...
The difference in structures are very obvious to me ....as every OH X SK1 I've grown....and most I've seen....look like this one I just harvested. A real consistent structure....that to me....represents land race sativa....and Haze flowers.

This is most impressive show of dried deliciousness ive seen in a while!:thank you:

Have you noticed a difference in the serration pattern of the leaves on the "dutched" hazes as opposed to the landrace ones?

picture.php

And to revisit this picture again because its so awesome, and ask if you have a favorite here. Potency wise is there a "strongest"? And I apologize for asking you to choose your favorite child.

T

THE PABLOS

2-cooh....hum that is a good and interesting question. Serration...differences don't stick out in my head...but you will always see me pointing out what I think is Haze leaf structure...you know...predicting stuff in veg.

My "Dutched" concept indicators seem to show up more in flower structure....they appear denser, stack build fox tails, and seem to have larger calyax....whereas what I consider a more down home Haze structure...lots of small headed resin glands, small stringy calyax, wispy fox tails...airy light flowers...not dense at all.

I've been hitting the OH X SK1 (I feel compelled)....this afternoon...and the thing is...you can take like 3 or 4 rippity-do-dahs and get way high....but not stoned out. Like a creeper buzz...you kind of forget about...until you do something stupid...like lose your keys..then it hits you...that you are pretty high.

The flavor...still not cured...man it varies....some buds taste stronger than other ones....kind of strange. No fruit though...almost a green taste...but kind of has a woody flavor...and the green taste is not mint but something I can't put my finger on. The flavor is not in your face...but like the head....it just hangs out and is distinct. I'll keep checking as she cures in the jar.

The high is what it's all about. Great high....hard to beat a good sativa high.

Edit....picking out of those flowers...The most stanky and strongly flavored...would be Porpoise Head .....you can't smoke 3 or 4 rips of that one without being retarded. The Afghan Haze...I tried a bud one day off that pheno...almost like fruit...grape fruit?..I'm waiting for her sisters then really test. Spoke of the OHxSk1 already....hard for me to pick...if I was buying it.....Porpoise Head......but I'm not so I'll go with the Original....but smoke it blended with Porpoise Head lol....I smoke blends...I tried Hazeolope and the Original together just a bit ago....fucking excellent. Helps me select out good matings....get an idea of what the cross may be like. Blends are where it's at....like cigars.

T

THE PABLOS

The Heretic Projects...

The Heretic Projects...

The Heretics are a fun ride into Blue Satellite 2.2, Grape Krush, Blue Moonshine, OG Kush X Blue Satellite 2.2, and LUI.

I am in an ongoing process of recombos amongst the above pool....with diversions in and out to include other related themes. As the producer here...I am attempting to manipulate different expressions....by blending different personalities and talents....my little spin into a Blues Super Group. Again I'm a fan of Blueberry....a bigger fan of hybrid Blueberry.

I consider DJ Short a mentor...I'm happy he shares that journey he has created...what discipline. I find probably my best ornamental flowers within his genetics. Total art plants. You will see his work many X in my projects...many X.

Strange Days (The Doors) = LUI X Blended pollen Gk/BS2.2
Day 56....

Thoughts off the top of my head: She will probably finish around day 65...that will be more than 2wks of flush...I see more Blueberry traits as she ages....she smells very strong of fruity berries...in low temps she would be black....she will yield well. Thumbs up. I've seen pretty much exactly what I wanted to see.

Next step for Strange Days will be the incross for the F2 and outcross to U-Shine (Blue Moonshine X LUI). Mix up the Blues and the LUIs from both sides...that will be wise.

I think LUI will be highly desirable in the future....I never thought of LUI as anything other than a heavy mostly indica...designed to make outcrosses. LUI.... on its own ...was not a top shelf flower...2 phenos as I recall...is pretty much the norm....but for breeding in yields and that healthy structure....LUI is an open canvas. Therefore...I love LUI....and will be going back in through F2s and outcrosses such as above.

Legends has treated me well....I like their beans....LUI and Highend are fantastic crosses....so props from me goes out to the peeps at Legends. Highend is still one of my favorite smokes and still a real personality to grow.

Here is a look at the 3 female I-Hop project plants...SCreme-N-Dawg X BS2.2....they will be put into flower this week with Wonder Diesel F2 and Joy Division F1. At least one incrossed and one will be outcrossed to Wonder Diesel.

Predicted Satellite leaner....I'm almost positive I'll be seeing the Satellite show up. Thumbs up. Blue Satellite 2.2 under rated imo.

Was the C Haze male used in SSH? I can't remember.....anyway I've been smoking rips of the "salad bowl" Afghan Haze...tastes like SSH...same undertone...Haze....great high....up and up. Very good all round.

2-COOH

..Serration...differences don't stick out in my head...

...Blends are where it's at....like cigars.

Good stuff Pablos! Thanks for the insights. The reason I ask about seration is because I read that the more worked or hybridized a geno is, the more even and matched the seration on each blade. And same, the more "savage" varitey will have uneven serrations on each blade or finger.
Awesome break down on those smokeables! Thanks again for the show:ying:

T

THE PABLOS

2-cooh...never thought about that way. That sounds right though...big populations of plants would have all kinds variation in their genetics...and most likely a lot of different looks....until they became isolated (no new genetics added) too long and started to bottleneck.

An isolated population....plants that thrive in my tricky indoor environment....I must always remember to select plants that grow well for me. If plants can't thrive they must be culled....beforehand I hope to recombo them for some of their positive features.

The OHxSK being a good example. Though I love them....I can't grow them out with total satisfaction. This one last time....will be my final waltz...a big bit of business to get my preferred Hazes(the pool where I keep finding them) locked down in beans. Then I will be just using them from the male side. I'll find my own personally selected Haze hybrid that passes all the good traits...and thrives with me and in my environment.

Do I need huge selection #s? It would be nice.....but not necessary(a big reason being...that Sam had the #s and did the real work). I have one Thai HazeSK male and one OriginalSK female....should make a few hundred seeds.....then just find males...cross them into my female creations.....bam....bet I find good stuff that will grow well for me.....and have my solid preferred "Down Home" genetics at hand. That is how I see this section coming up....in a very basic and uncomplicated way.

T

THE PABLOS

Ma Kettle and Karoline Krutch Harvest

Ma Kettle and Karoline Krutch Harvest

Ma Kettle = Casey Jones X Grape Krush

Karoline Krutch = AbusiveKushHaze x Sour Bubble X Grape Krush

The same Grape Krush males were used to make both crosses....so related.... common dads.

Though you will see spurts of fresh growth shooting out of the tops of the fox tails...both were ready to go.

Ma Kettle at day 64....a Blueberry Casey Jones?

She sure is pretty nice...blue smells...Casey structure for the most part....I can see blue color in the meat of the flowers.....pretty good yielder...stable (she had some heat burn...but no adverse reactions)...real easy to grow. Definitely will be very good Mary Jane....anyway you look at it.

I like Casey Jones blended with Blue line stuff. I see similarities that I think come from the Thai. I pollinated a different Casey Jones with Blue Satellite 2.2...what I'll do is parallel breed Ma Kettle to the 2.2 version....share the dust amongst those two crosses....until finally merging them together. Exact same thing I'm doing with Strange Days and U-Shine. Run them side by side and outcross to each other....bringing the similar but different traits together....like kissing cousins. Keep selecting and using beans only from the plants with the favored expressions. Pretty damn simple. I have no doubts...I know they will continue to line up for me. Odds being odds....I'll find successful expressions.

I showed this Karoline Krutch before....here she is at 61 daze...partially pollinated with Prune Juice (Querkle X Grape Krush)....this plant is very stanky....very happy with her and happy to get another shot in this pool with the outcross....again Prune Juice and Karoline Krutch share the same dads....so related.

Karoline Krutch left.....Ma Kettle right.....I'm pretty pleased....I like growing candy.

2-COOH

Do I need huge selection #s? It would be nice.....but not necessary(a big reason being...that Sam had the #s and did the real work). I have one Thai HazeSK male and one OriginalSK female....should make a few hundred seeds.....then just find males...cross them into my female creations.....bam....bet I find good stuff that will grow well for me.....and have my solid preferred "Down Home" genetics at hand. That is how I see this section coming up....in a very basic and uncomplicated way.

Wow The Pablos, full speed ahead, in your very laidback fasion, its a great style and your plants definitely are thriving!
Very interesting, informative and unique thread, will be following!:wave:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Pablos, how 'bout a run-thru on yer fert. regimen. Imagine you experiment quite a bit, yes? Looks like you're mostly in coco?

I know you're opinionated in the use of guanos, maybe touch on that a bit. I know you made an impression on me in regards to my usage. :tiphat:

T

THE PABLOS

A dangerous place to go Highlighter....

A dangerous place to go Highlighter....

....But here we go.....

I'm an "Organic" outdoor gardener...I compost and feed my worms....don't believe using Bat poop as being very nice to a sensitive creature.....the harvesting of Bat poop in 3rd world countries (or anywhere else) is not cool. Bats have a lot of problems already...having their homes cleaned out I'm sure disturbs them. You don't need Bat poop to grow anyway. If you think about what you are doing to a very special gardener's friend...it is not in good taste (pun intended).....to use their poo to juice up the flavor of your weed. You must know....that the harvesting of Bat poop is not ethical...to the ways of organic methods. Perhaps if what was harvested was on a small scale....but that is not how it works.

I'm a very "Non-Organic" indoor gardener. The minute you turn on lights or put your plants in plastic....organics is not a reality in my view. I used to grow in my own soil mix....but found organics disgusting indoors.

My gardens are a space ship....artificial environment....why try and fool myself? I like rubber gloves...GH Micro, Bloom, and Kool Bloom...modified Head/Rez method...heated RO water.....feed a little all the time in coco (the compressed bricks)....flush flush flush. I think coco rules....I recycle it into outdoor mixes....it is a great medium inside outside...all sides. After I switched from soil blends to coco....my work load was reduced and I could concentrate more on flying the ship. Mixing soil...gross ass teas...indoors while wearing a respirator is lame....just not made for the indoor imo.

"Organics" are a cheat. A crutch for flavor. Weed grown in inorganic salts....flushed throughly....has no way of cheating.....the plant's flavor must stand on its own merits. It should taste dynamite off the vine as well. Weed grown organically may well....taste stronger or even different....and most the time better...but if my weed taste great grown non organically....then I know it is the plant creating the flavor and not the medium. Sound logical?

Weed grown outdoors under the sol....in true living organics...is the finest weed. I do that too. I'm a bad boy though....as I love Blood and Bone meal in my outdoor gardens...some molasses....lots of worm poop...coco...perlite...molasses....Kelp meal....cottonseed meal...glacial rock dust....lots of homemade compost...I think Bone meal does a lot for flavor and is extremely efficient in the ground....I find the whole slaughterhouse....and corporate farming appalling however.

So I definitely sin....and have not gotten totally away from that system yet. Soon. The way we treat our livestock in Corporate America is unethical...and I need not support that process....though they do find a way to profit and therefore use up the byproducts of the slaughterhouses....it still seems wrong to me.

T

THE PABLOS

More Harvest

More Harvest

Porpoise Head...day 64....Casey pheno. This girl is much more flimsy than I originally thought...more in the ways of a Casey creeper pheno (probably from the TW parent).....and she put out nanners in a way that showed she wasn't trying too hard...they were in obvious places and not hidden in fluff....so easy to tweezer. If she was to be serious in her need to self...she would've hid them from me.

I don't much care for this plant...some I simply don't like/no attraction..and thus not endearing to me or giving me the desire to keep her going(she could go a little longer if I felt like dealing with her bitching)...glad she is done....not the direction I'm taking Porpoise Head...beans from a pheno like this will never be grown by me. I'm looking for more Highland influenced plants.

Afghan Haze left Porpoise Head
right

1st of the Afghan Haze "Cage Sisters" to be harvested at day 72...flushed well...not much left to burn off. No reason to keep her going....she was barely taking up water....and well tortured. No signs of intersex...very easy and solid plant. Like her. I have one left and she won't take much longer...soooo safe to say...all 4 of the AH plants harvested under 80daze flower. That ain't a bad thing....getting Hazy plants in under 80.

2-COOH

work4cannabliss

work4cannabliss

...I think coco rules....

..."Organics" are a cheat ...Sound logical?
Second to the coco ruling agenda! Thats an interesting take on organics also. Seems logical, as stripping down to control all the essentials, as in "rubber gloves" hydro, all of the parameters are indeed in your hands, with organics there can be a myriad of variations that would make judging strains accurately difficult.
I've done same strain organic outdoor and nonorganic indoor, and cant ever say organic is better...too close 2 me... just notice indoors always stronger.

picture.php

This AH looks amazing. I would like to smoke some.
Looks like you need help with ALL these projects, I'll volunteer and I dont smoke that much;):ying:

T

THE PABLOS

Pollination Day.....

Pollination Day.....

I'm flowering a couple of Highlighter's Golden Tiger X A11. I've never grown either of the parent plants....so totally new genetics to me...and the cross is new to all.

I generally research the guys that make the seeds....if I find a gardener making interesting things...I'll follow them along and check out their work. Once I grow out their beans...If my instincts are on...I generally find that I was accurate selecting their beans to grow in my garden. Then they have my faith....and I'll pretty much grow anything they create if it is of an interest to me....knowing I can trust their selections.

There is info on this cross over in Ace's forum under Golden Tiger....and that is all I know or want to know about them until after I grow them out myself. I try to cut down on subjective thought...and basically just watch the plants do their thing without much expectation....well as little as possible. I'm not into hype.

Pollinated one branch with Purple Bastard Haze F2 pollen...this plant is at day 26...and already getting serious about flower making....especially for such sativa leaning genetics. I love vigorous...fast to start flower....performance oriented plants...and this subject is all of that. I'm flowering her with Bastard F2s....and they are very similar at this stage....so I'm thinking I'll find a nice blend. Anyways....couple pix after being bagged...and rinsed off.

Shots of Ma Kettle (Casey Jones X Grape Krush)....getting ready for the cure jar. I've sampled....with a picky friend....uncured off the vine she is $$$$$. Blueberry overtop Casey Jones is some damn fine flavor....with a sativa head. My friend is a Casey fanatic and was extremely smitten with this cross. It's a good one I'll have to say. Definitely will be working my Casey/Blue line stuff in the near future.

Non organically flavored flowers lol.....properly flushed.....they can not lie. Flushing is fun and cheap....I don't really think I suffer yield loss with extended flush periods....it is probably the single lost important part of the harvest process....and I must believe that the girdle helps out...it doesn't stop them from drinking...but seems to cut out the transfer of nutes...I can not prove it however. It is a ritual part of my harvest process never the less.

Buds on Charger Blue Dickies.....lol...it's that time of yr.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ooh, now you have my attention! :D Like THE PABLOS, i like to do single branch pollinations to advance/ get back to my genetics @ some point.
I grow on a smaller level and don't get as many quick looks as The Pablos, so it's wonderful to find growers I admire, willing to have a look @ things I can't get to right away. So I'm living vicariously here, an apt pupil taking notes.
The Purple Bastard Haze is from CORE?

So you are pre-spraying the plant minus the intended pollinating branch, to deter pollination on these branches, then you spray the pollinated branch after the fact to pin down the pollen, no drift?

Have you been smoking up Shawne Merriman these last couple of wks? :muahaha:

T

THE PABLOS

The Purple Bastard Haze came from Connoisseur Genetics (i can't remember the history of the Purple Bastard other than what's in its makeup).....they were a pretty limited offer at the time....maybe 15 pacs...and I don't think OJD has any plans in the immediate future to release them again...so I've read. I like the Bastards....and I like his Hazeolope.

I pollinate pretty much in these ways....little vial of pollen....a small water color paint brush...and wine bottle bags. Sometimes I'll pollinate : spray water around on all branches but the pollinated donor branch...no bag...pollinate the donor...leave it for a 1/2hr then spray it down too...no bag...back into flower.

But mostly I dab the donor branch then cover and tie the wine bag around that branch....I spray all but the bagged branch afterwards to kill any drifting pollen that may linger about on me or other flowers. After they dry off they are placed back in the flower studio.... I leave the bags on for a light cycle or two...depending on my time. Pretty easy and not that risky....IF you don't rush....don't ever rush with pollen out is my advice. Rushing leads to mistakes.

Well HL....I have no expectations for The Bolts this season....I'll get to some games....the AFC West is weak....so who knows how far we go? O I'm not a fan of Merriman.

T

THE PABLOS

Going for the outdoor hurry manicure look....

Going for the outdoor hurry manicure look....

Keeping up on the trimming....Afghan Haze and Porpoise Head...not my favorite plants to trim....most Haze related plants I find tedious....and like I said earlier...I didn't like this Porpoise pheno.... so didn't care for trimming her either. That's just how it goes.

The AH yielded well...I chose the most stringy foxtail flower for the pix because it was the 1st one I manicured....all the other tops were more filled in...the Porpoise is as airy as it looks....yet is very sticky with resin glands that I'm most sure will taste good and be potent. Not a bad sack of buds...one could do a lot worse.

The shadow in the picture is of a Strawberry Hill male that I have bagged for pollen and grabbing sol in exile.

Latest posts

Latest posts