What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the problem ?

Z

Zserbo

Hi guys.

She is my first plant. I think she has a nutrient def but it dont know which. 16 days old jack herer auto. I water with 6-7 ph the rh is 65-70. Temp is 25c. The problem i see the new leaves are yellowish. I used lemon juice to lower the ph, maybe thats the problem. Now i use a proper ph minus.

Attachments

• 20201110_200704.jpg
    20201110_200704.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20201110_201232.jpg
    20201110_201232.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201110_201000.jpg
    20201110_201000.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 31

Fixer

I see yellow or bright green growth from my plants when I give them excessive light. Yours look fine to me. If you're concerned raise you light a little. I'm betting they will get greener regardless. Good luck!:)

Z

Zserbo

Thank you. Do i need to wait to dry the soil to feed or right now ?

Fixer

Let it dry and water. water, feed in soil. These plants have at least a couple of weeks of nutrients in their endosperm so you don't really need to feed them initially if you're sprouting seeds.

Kijell

I would say good news there is no problem ;)
Ph and climate is good.

Youre plants look fine!
In the first weeks of growing stage young leafs will have different shades of leaf colour like this yellowish tone we see here.
They first have to do photosynthesis to get greener.
Also they can wrinkle with fast growth which is also quite common.

You can let the soil get a bit drier, you actually dont need much water the first weeks!
Roots need oxygen as much as water and with always wet soil the roots cant breath as good and oxygen accumulation will get slower and therefore growth.
You will mostly need only 1 Ltr per week of water for young plants.
And only in pure coco I would give any/some nutrients first weeks, in good normal soil it is not needed.

Like Sunshineinabag said most new growers will over care for young plants which is often not good.

Have a nice grow :)

Z

Zserbo

Thanks for the replies guys i appreciate it :)

She is fine but smaller than how old is she but thats my fault. I flushed her once because i thought she was sick..lol..5 days since the soil is not dry yet..hope she is fine .. but i dont care i am learning from this things. The next plant will much better :)

picture.php

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Starting with quality new soil, there's no need to feed for a while. The plant on the bottom looks very happy!

Sunshineinabag

I would say good news there is no problem ;)
Ph and climate is good.

Youre plants look fine!
In the first weeks of growing stage young leafs will have different shades of leaf colour like this yellowish tone we see here.
They first have to do photosynthesis to get greener.
Also they can wrinkle with fast growth which is also quite common.

You can let the soil get a bit drier, you actually dont need much water the first weeks!
Roots need oxygen as much as water and with always wet soil the roots cant breath as good and oxygen accumulation will get slower and therefore growth.
You will mostly need only 1 Ltr per week of water for young plants.
And only in pure coco I would give any/some nutrients first weeks, in good normal soil it is not needed.

Like Sunshineinabag said most new growers will over care for young plants which is often not good.

Have a nice grow :)
I need you to filter my brain lol well put

imiubu

Welcome and congratulations on beginning your first grow.
Plants look healthy.

Best to ya going forward in this new and exciting adventure.

Z

Zserbo

One more questio. 1 have one exhaust fan and one clip on fan in the tent. Where should i put the clip on fan properly ? Now its in the left corner and blow away the air from the plant. I will buy another fan if needed

Fixer

I'd place it so it blows under the canopy. If it doesn't oscillate and is pointed at the same spot the leaves they can dry out.

Vandenberg

What size enclosure are you growing in?
Its Very easy to over do the wind velocity in smaller enclosures with those right in your face distances to deal with...

Vandenberg :)

imiubu

^^ This is my understanding also.

Just tickle the leaves to mimic a light wind. It helps strengthen your plants + keeps air flow to help reduce the possibility of molds. Too much 'wind' can stress the plants. Again, this is my understanding.

I also agree with the post stating to place the corner clip fan under your canopy. Keep an eye on your medium though, the fan will dry it out quicker.
Perhaps over time, you may consider investing in a clip on fan that oscillates to tickle the tops.

I flower in a 4x4x6 ft. tent and use only one corner clip on oscillating fan with out issues. I use the VivoSun brand as they have the best pole clip I've found so far. I also lollipop, defoliate, LST etc., my plants to keep them shorter and bushier.

Latest posts

Latest posts