What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Non toxic Organic PGR?

COS

Are there any non toxic natural PGR's that could be used to help with node spacing in very lanky OG strains?
I've tried topping and vegging under CMH but don't seem to help much.
Particularly in veg is my main concern. Not the stretch in flower.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
try supercropping it will promote natural growing hormones to the lower shoots while trying to regenerate the injured part

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Bluer colder dryer days that never end. I'm not sure MH will work though as it has so much far red for the amount of light created. LED's have very little so the difference across the plant that causes the shade response of stretching is vastly reduced/stopped. Instead plants look like they sit there making lots of foliage to find something that's missing.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Cytokinin dominant kelp, higher night time temps and low phosphorus all help reduce internodal length.

SuperBadGrower

mate , GA has the opposite effect. ;)
Toxic pgrs work by fucking up different steps in the "GA pathway" to greatly reduce the amount of GA a plant makes (GA = cell elongation, no GA = no growth)

Last edited:

Bongstar420

[
Thanks everyone seems I should try a bulb with more blue like 8000-10000k.

You are going to be disapointed. Blue is a horrible producer and does not bush plants much. Its more effective just to max ppf with your CMH which already has 2x more blue than needed. I grow with CMH and think the only thing they need is 630-660 nm LED to be monster growers. Never had so many overlighting problems till CMH, these are killer.

Find gorilla glue and cross it. Gorilla Glue has dominat growth traits and recessive flavor/aroma. The offspring will grow with similar stretch velocity but you get 2x more nodes and 2x bigger flower per cubic inch in many cases. Ive made a few GG crosses and they all had growth more like glue and flavorterps more like other parent years ago. I did a GG with OG and preliminary results are positive for my thesis. I may post a test run of this linage in the next year. The OG is a 'Ghost OG' which is mostly Ghost dom with all the traits more similar to the Ghost parent. Most of my work is from Oregon Dispensaries.

I dont think using exogeneous cytokines will work well. They make herms more likely and will masculinize young female plants. You can try benzylaminopurine and a few other natually occurring cytokines. The nasty stuff that does it is palcobutrol or something. Its synthetic but that isnt the problem, it causes cancer. Also, I think cytokines lower THC but not sure. Auxins do and reduce flowering