What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I tried to warn that cops would arrest you for CBD oil.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I made a statement a while back saying that CBD oil that is not FDA approved and not bought at a phamracy would soon land you in jail.

As usual I was told to don my tinfoil hat so I did...LOL
51afd05e23578b77de29e5f35d86bc80.jpg

CBD oil is illegal and a felony without a prescription.
Well here it is in the news, maybe some folks could benefit from some tinfoil in their lives too.:biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]vM9rOtWibMg[/YOUTUBEIF]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrquzmyhprK/
They’d barely been open for a day when a dozen police arrived to put them both in handcuffs. Dreyson spent the weekend in jail. Now, even with #hemp fully legalized at the federal level earlier this week, they both face felony charges for possessing hemp-based CBD oil supplements!

In 2017, Ohio police arrested a man for having a container of CBD oil on his passenger seat and charged him with felony drug possession.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigatio...es-Law-Enforcement-By-Surprise-505159071.html
In North Texas, however, the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office has a different opinion, and it means jail time, possibly for a felony, for people possessing even small amounts of CBD.

Although CBD is no longer a schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act, the Food and Drug Administration, for example, considers all CBD products illegal no matter their source.

All medicine must be approved by the FDA and distributed by a phamacy.

I tried to tell y'all but you all just laughed and called names.
But I keep plodding on.

Plodding (of a person) thorough and hard-working but lacking in imagination or intelligence.:)

shaggyballs

Veteran
I think this is the real issue.
CBD oil is cutting into the pharmaceutical companies profit margin.
They will not stand for that.

shaggyballs

Veteran
CBD can be converted to THC. So it falls under the analog laws I think.

I have been thinking about this:
In a round about way I think it does fall under the analog law.
Synthesizing a pharmaceutical even though there is no pharmaceutical yet.:biggrin:

therevverend

Veteran
I made a statement a while back saying that CBD oil that is not FDA approved and not bought at a phamracy would soon land you in jail

I was surprised when my mom sent me to the co-op grocery store to buy her CBD concentrate. I thought you had to at least go to a dispensary or pharmacy. They're selling it over the counter at Walgreens, Bartells, and all the co-ops and vitamin supplement shops. They may even have it at Wal Mart. Never thought I'd see it, my grandma's friends who hate pot are asking me about it. I have to tell them I don't know shit, THC is my thing.

The woman at Disney in the video got arrested because the pigs tested her CBD oil and found THC in it. Probably .0001. Later the charges were dropped. The news did a shitty job of explaining why stores are legally selling CBD oil but the pigs can still arrest you for it. Here's an article explaining the situation in Florida.

https://www.tampabay.com/business/is-cbd-legal-in-florida-and-other-common-hemp-questions-20190425/

That's fucked. It's the opposite of the situation in Rec and Medical states. It's legal at the state level but illegal at the national level in Rec and Med states. In Florida it's legal at the federal level but the pigs are saying it's illegal at the state level. But they're not arresting people for it. Some of the time. It'll be this way for some time in a few fucked up states until the people complain enough to the legislature to fix the law. I'm guessing they aren't going to be able to successfully prosecute people although I wouldn't want to go to court and find out.

At this point it's not considered a medicine, it's a supplement. The government says it hasn't been proven to do most of the stuff people claim it does. Basically another type of hemp extract. I know there's stuff a doctor can prescribe it for but I doubt your insurance company will pay for it.

By marketing it this way and not selling it without a prescription they're making a fuck ton of money. It's a huge health fad right now. Everyone is using it for everything from womanly pains to cancer. It's not cheap, a little bottle of extract goes for $90. 'They' are making a killing off it, much more then if it was licensed and controlled by drug companies since they don't have to prove what it does and doesn't do, it's non-toxic and harmless. Every person in America over the age of 60 is buying the stuff, old people will pay anything to feel better.

herbgreen

Veteran
THC converts to CBN...overtime

CBD is a cannabinoid so it falls under schedule one narcotic

However,

I do believe the reason for legalizing hemp federally came from the idea that cbd is a emerging market and future valued commodity

Its funcking everywhere

Drewsif

How much to have a bright blue CBD tax stamp? Same price as the bright green thc tax stamp?

Might as well get Kosher cert while I'm at it so my product can be sold in nyc.

therevverend

Veteran
CBD is a cannabinoid so it falls under schedule one narcotic

It was Schedule 1 until the DEA reclassified 'it' as Schedule 5 in September last year. Here's a link to the document they released explaining it.

https://hempindustrydaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/DEAEpidiolex-Opinion.pdf

They say if the extraction or flower or whatever contains other cannbinoids that are Schedule 1,2,3, and/or 4 then it falls into that category instead of Schedule 5.

Before we start drooling over what hemp-loving freedom fighters Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell are there's a big problem. The only 'product' that contains a small enough amount of cannbinoids to qualify as Schedule 5 is the epilepsy drug Epidiolex. Here's a link to the article I got the link from, it explains things better then I can.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/12/14/the-farm-bill-hemp-and-cbd-explainer/

And I got to say, god damn all this shit is confusing. Here is the real gist from the article and the point I think most of the posters here are getting at.

'Ultimately, the Farm Bill legalizes hemp, but it doesn’t create a system in which people can grow it as freely as they can grow tomatoes or basil. This will be a highly regulated crop in the United States for both personal and industrial production.'

There's also a blurb about Senator Mc Connell at the end of the article. Summarizes exactly why McConnell was eager to get this bill passed.

McConnell understood much about this issue. First, he knows hemp doesn’t get you high and that the drug war debate that swept up hemp was politically motivated, rather than policy-oriented. Second, Kentucky—the leader’s home state—is one of the best places to cultivate hemp in the world, and pre-prohibition the state had a robust hemp sector. Third, the grassroots interest in this issue was growing in Kentucky, and McConnell knows that his role as Senate Majority Leader hangs in the balance in 2020, as does his Senate seat as he faces re-election that same year. McConnell emerges from the Farm Bill as a hemp hero, but advocates should be hesitant to label him a cannabis champion; Leader McConnell remains a staunch opponent of marijuana reform and his role in the Senate could be the roadblock of Democratic-passed legislation in the 116th Congress.

I think McConnell is less of a hemp hero and more of a rich guy who smells easy money.

shaggyballs

Veteran
That is the catch right there!
If you want CBD it better be Epidiolex or your going to jail under the analog law.

herbgreen

Veteran
yeah, when people like john boehner go pro cannabis youve got to wonder also...

he refers to it as "the product"

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/16/7040...pposed-to-marijuana-he-now-wants-it-to-be-leg

oh well, whatever ...just get the shit done already and legalize it

...did not know that about cbd thanks for all the info revv

Its @the gas station, mall, bookstore, and everywhere

I think if the repubs really wanted to sink their teeth in they could just make an announcement

The way trump likes to do....

"Today we have decided or let me put it this way... I have decided to Legalize for recreational and medical use the distribution and cultivation of cannabis on a Federal Level

In fact I'm just getting rid of the system of schedule narcotics altogether

I decided I dont like it and we are getting rid of it

No questions just get out of my way My hair is moving in this breeze and I have to get on the helicopter so.....just, It'll be good."

Good things are happening very soon......

I can see it now! :biggrin:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I made a statement a while back saying that CBD oil that is not FDA approved and not bought at a phamracy would soon land you in jail.

As usual I was told to don my tinfoil hat so I did...LOL
View Image
CBD oil is illegal and a felony without a prescription.
Well here it is in the news, maybe some folks could benefit from some tinfoil in their lives too.:biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]vM9rOtWibMg[/YOUTUBEIF]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrquzmyhprK/
They’d barely been open for a day when a dozen police arrived to put them both in handcuffs. Dreyson spent the weekend in jail. Now, even with #hemp fully legalized at the federal level earlier this week, they both face felony charges for possessing hemp-based CBD oil supplements!

In 2017, Ohio police arrested a man for having a container of CBD oil on his passenger seat and charged him with felony drug possession.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigatio...es-Law-Enforcement-By-Surprise-505159071.html
In North Texas, however, the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office has a different opinion, and it means jail time, possibly for a felony, for people possessing even small amounts of CBD.

Although CBD is no longer a schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act, the Food and Drug Administration, for example, considers all CBD products illegal no matter their source.

I tried to tell y'all but you all just laughed and called names.
But I keep plodding on.

Plodding (of a person) thorough and hard-working but lacking in imagination or intelligence.:)

yeah same here even though all the information I cited was from the FDA

oh well

armedoldhippy

Veteran
still selling various oils, capsules, and flowers here. everywhere from brick & mortar dedicated stores to CVS pharmacies & health-food stores...:tiphat: