What's new

Only used nutes twice, still worth flushing?

nw_outdoor

Got lucky and got Northern lights Auto into mid-late flowering with no added nutes just good organic soil. Then started seeing a lot of yellow leaves so I fed a 1/4 strength fish emulsion( 5-1-1) and they made a big improvement, so I gave them a half dose.

got a hold of a loupe on saturday (right after second feeding),and the results were surprising; I should chop now based on trichromes.

Basicly I have three autos, that are ready to chop, unfortunately I gave them a half dose of organic fish emulsion (and some molasses) last friday and a quarter dose the week before that.

How long do I need to flush considering how little nutes they have had total? Also just had big rains and cold nights coming up, worried about bud rot :(

amanda88

Avoid feeding if you are gonna flush, better to flush then wait until you see them perk up them nute them lighly, but as you are so close, I'd flush and leave them to it

Dion

because you used organic fish and molassi i woulndt bother about the flushing seriously

flushing is usually to rid the bud of salt

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Also, consider harvesting the top part of the plant that is more at risk from rot, the lower half is almost always behind and the buds you have may dry to immature schwag, you only get 1 autumn and there are no other crops waiting for the space, so maximise the yield, opportunity.

95-98% of all weed is harvested immature and is poor simply due to this.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
nothing to flush away...yeehaw..why were you feeding 5-1-1 late in flowering is my question??.. that's a horrible nute profile for late or even mid flower..way too much n and low p and k...bad choice of ferts for flower... I like my plants to yellow and get ugly.. ugly = good final product

amanda88

Also, consider harvesting the top part of the plant that is more at risk from rot, the lower half is almost always behind and the buds you have may dry to immature schwag, you only get 1 autumn and there are no other crops waiting for the space, so maximise the yield, opportunity.

95-98% of all weed is harvested immature and is poor simply due to this.
This is an interesting idea, I've yet to try it tho, but will soon, as its really common sense, ....pick them apples when right, leave the others too mature ...easy and again common sense ...thanks

nw_outdoor

Laziness. It was the only nute we had on hand and at 1/4 strength we figured it couldn't do any real damage.

And the Auto flowers were a lazy grow. Started them under CFLs, threw them outside at about 3 inches tall, using no name potting soil "liberated" from a big landscaping project down the road, watered and waited.

Going to buy some proper flowering nutes for my photoperiod girls though.

nw_outdoor

UPDATE.

With a very real risk of bud rot creeping in, we decided to chop the 2 largest plants after only 2 days of flush.

We left the smallest for a full 7 days of flush and managed to avoid bud rot.

The first batch (short flush) is cured and i am happy with the quality. No off tastes, good bag appeal, but ever so slightly harsh. Then again it's only been curing for a week.

The second batch( 7 day flush) is so stoney.

Im really glad we chopped the majority when we did, because that extra week took us from a casual everyday smoke to couchlock and munchies.Too stoney for my tastes but my grow partner likes it.

It seems a tiny bit smoother than the unflushed batch, but I doubt I could tell doing a blind taste test. I think its mostly in my head :)

Latest posts

Latest posts