What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow, Tent, AutoFlowers, LEDs and CFLs

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I'm not using any CFL supplements, but I have the bigger light in a smaller space (about 2'x3').
I should have posted my grow here instead of the grow diaries form, but there are pics of mine here

TracerChris

Nice!

I just took a look, I'm not sure how much they help but I don't think they would hurt. I just did them up because I didn't have the LED right away. And now that I do they just add a bit more wattage and lumens per sq ft. I honestly like that they're cheap too. I often find my self accidentally bumping them. When I was using an HPS I had to be a lot more careful.

TracerChris

Read through the thread - nice turnaround on that big plant, I thought it was gonna die when I saw those eagle claw leaves...

Also gotta comment on this because it made me lol. hahaha. Are those multiple zip ties hooked together to hold up your cfls?!

Polish - Yea when I saw the eagle claws I thought to myself "aww sheeeit" In fact I thought killed this plant many times over. I guess it has nine lives.

LOL yes that is held up with zip ties.. I had a whole bag purchased for some other projects and when I was looking for a way to hang my CFLs.... let's just say I'm transportation limited so I have been using what I have available at my house. It ended up working out nicely because moving the lights higher is a cinch. With how fast the autos grow it became apparent that using them was a good decision especially for how cheap they were.

TracerChris

Found another male when I got back home from BC this weekend. Down to 3 plants now. Not incredibly disappointed either, 3 is a lot easier to manage. Now the plants will receive ample light (lumens) too! So it may be a blessing in disguise. The EWS had grown 3 inches in 2 days and had hit the light. I removed the burnt leaves and had to remove the apical meristem (because it was so badly damaged) so we will see how the yield is affected. Hopefully that limits further vertical growth.

TracerChris

Here's what it looks like now. I've been placing boxes under the CandyCane (in the front right) to keep the canopy even with the EWS. Nice looking white pistils are exploding out from both the autoflowers.
picture.php

TracerChris

Trichomes began to turn from cloudy to amber on the blue diesel.
Roughly 10-15% depending on how close to the top I was looking.

I decided that was great for me. Sunday, right before the lights snapped on, I harvested.

Here's what she looked like right before I cut her down:

picture.php

TracerChris

I've been keeping it hanging in my tent during the night cycle and in my closet when the lights come on back for the day. Both my closet and my tent are hovering around 50% Relative Humidity. As well I have a small fans blowing underneath (not directly on) the buds in order to circulate the air.

In a couple more days I will trim off the fan leaves. Then let them dry for another 5-7 days and come back to trim the sugar leaves. I will post some more photos as things develop.

Two days after the chop, a sweet blueberry scent with diesely sour undertones is really starting to develop nicely.

TracerChris

Reikox- this one was the very original, I'm calling it sour blueberry these days because the smell is just that. I received it from a buddy after a 20-30 day veg. The autoflowers
I have left are looking great but because of time constraints I may pass them along to a co-worker. Her plants all got eaten by mites because of some dirty clones coming into her garden. She had to start all over and she's devastated, figured I'd rather not see them finish than chop them way too early.

TracerChris

Then after this photo was taken ^ on dry day 2-3 I snipped the rest of the fan leaves carefully. Here's what I got at the end
picture.php

TracerChris

Then I sectioned the branches and cut the stems shorter. Here's what they looked like after I removed the fan leaves.
picture.php

TracerChris

The weight of the popcorn nugs ^ was around 3.8 gs. On day 8 when the stems were almost snaping and the buds were a little crunchy but a little spongy, I took down the rest of the larger nugs. The total was 15.8 gs The big nugs were around 12gs.
picture.php

TracerChris

Here's another close up, I have yet to remove the sweet leaf but I kinda like removing it as I burn through it. At the end I'll have plenty of kief in my grinder and a decent sized pile of good trim.
picture.php

Last edited: