What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow, Tent, AutoFlowers, LEDs and CFLs

TracerChris

And yeah I totally agree the grow stores can make you think that bud grows from money instead of water and light. Same buddy actually worked at a few grow stores and told me he quit because working there you kind of have to push people to buy nutrients and all this equipment when you really can do without it. I mean organics, if you're doing it right, should be cheaper and higher quality right? Also What happens at 50 posts?

Supposedly we get to private message at 50 posts, but i'll let you know once i figure this shit out lol. I'm stoked to hear you got a buddy learning you right. 12 percent terpene profile.... i'm speechless, that must some amazing herb. Burn one for me! :tiphat: you seem like you in great hands brother, good luck!

Dion

yeah +1 on the organics- hated fuckina round with ph and deficiencies- now its just add a little cheap kelp/fish type product from whatever gardening centre if things look hungry other than that let it be

you prob need more light in there chief

what r the wattages at the momemt?(2x4 tent yeah? nice size to start and grow into)

TracerChris

Thanks Dion. Currently I'm using only about 2x3 so 6sqft
because one side is for air intake.

For LEDs 1 x 135 watt LED (Blackstar from lighthouse hydro)
For CFLs 6 x 23 watts = 138 watts (2700k 1250 lumens)
1 x 20 watts = 20 watts (2490k 1200 lumens)

Which means I have a total of 293 watts in there. I have another splitter and a 20 watt but besides that I might have to do some re-wiring and buy an ac unit for my window, because its getting super hot in my room and so my tents been rockin high 80s during the day.

TracerChris

Quick update, I moved the blueberry diesel to the left side of the tent so I could place the LED directly overhead with my CFLs in the middle and to the left.
picture.php

TracerChris

^ this photo was taken on day 26 of flower. I plan on harvesting on day 67 because the bb x sd finishes in 8 weeks (56 days) but I plan on letting it go a little longer so I can give it 48 hours darkness before chopping and make sure that it is well flushed. Be back on the 5th with an update.

My weather here has been mental. 40° range last week followed by flooding and hail yesterday. I have a C-Warp (Texada Timewarp selection) outside and it hated the 40° weather and browned a little, but the hail was pummelling it and not a leaf fell off. I have one I'm shading to flower and it is doing well with no burns. The EWS held up really well in the heat and hail. Already into budding I can tell these will probably not be great smoke. Probably make bubble hash out of it, if it sucks.

TracerChris

Seed - Dang that's crazy! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess. Hopefully the weather calms down a bit so the C-warp can recover. Plants respond to heat/dry conditions in multiple ways, one is by shooting out more roots. I bet by the end of your summer the root balls will be massive. Would love to see a pic of them budding if you have some time. How can you tell they won't be a good smoke? Just not a lot of trichs developing and leafy looking? I might end up doing the same thing with mine if they don't compare to my stash now.

I'm still waiting for mine to start flowering.. I guess its going to take a little more patience

TracerChris

Here's the tops of the BB x SD before I tipped it. The smell is unlike sour d or blueberry. It reeks of Pine Trees. Kinda like a Jack Herer only a little more minty. The pistils have started turning amber, I haven't looked at the trichomes under the scope. But will give an update this weekend once I get a chance to take a look.
picture.php

TracerChris

Back with an update.

The BB x SD responded very well to the tipping so I decided to tip the last top.

As far as autos go, with all the sprinkler issues and bad weather. I ended up with 3 female EWS and 1 Candy Cane. I gave one away to a friend who's been helping me out. I started a little bit of LST on the autos just to see if I can stop them from stretching.

I've moved lights a bit lower. And all autos started to flower. Here's what it looks like today.

picture.php

Last edited:

TracerChris

I fed them today with 4 gallons of water mixed with:

1 cup sprouted wheat
1/2 tablespoon Big Bloom .01 - .03 - .07 N-P-K (Fox Farm)
1/2 tablespoon Bio-Weed .02 - 0.00 - 0.03 N-P-K (General Hydroponics)
2 teaspoons Cal Mag 0 - 0 - 0 (G.H.)

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
How do you like that Blackstar? I have the Blackstar Chrome185w and like it so far. I'm on my first grow, about day 10 flowering.

TracerChris

I love it! Honestly I couldn't be more stoked. With all the negativity surrounding LEDs I've found that this works just fine for me. Supplementing with CFLs was crucial to the success I'm having though. Without additional wavelengths and wattage.... Who knows. I guarantee I would have bigger yields with HID bulbs, but I didn't want to go that route b/c yields don't matter to me as much as keeping it stealth and getting quality.

Read through the thread - nice turnaround on that big plant, I thought it was gonna die when I saw those eagle claw leaves...

Also gotta comment on this because it made me lol. hahaha. Are those multiple zip ties hooked together to hold up your cfls?!

Last edited: