What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual SOG from feminized seed with no mom?

goodgrow777

Starting from feminized seed.
Veg until 6th node appears.
Top it at 3rd node. = 2 plants. 1 to go to flower and 1 to root.
Grow the clone until it has 6 nodes. Top it again at 3rd node.

What problems can I expect?
For example does the plant as I clone it mature with each clone?
And will this lead to an asymetrical node/leave pattern in my clones over time?

My goal is to have similar clones each time to have stable growing conditions.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
All your cuttings will be the same as the plant you took it from, its fine to do this. If anything its better than keeping mothers for too long because if genetic drift does happen it would most likely be in that scenario.

Theres no reason why you should see any problem. Although if you want uniform plants I would pick one clone which roots the best,vegs well, best flowers etc, and then do what you planned.

Ya, I was totally trolling, thats why i wished em good luck. Newb power ftw huh? When you're learning something from people with way more knowledge, it's wise to remember you have TWO ears and ONE mouth. Probly from colorado...

Last edited:

My apologies, i was mistaking opinions for fact again. I wasnt here. :tiphat:

amanda88

What problems can I expect?
For example does the plant as I clone it mature with each clone?
And will this lead to an asymetrical node/leave pattern in my clones over time?

My goal is to have similar clones each time to have stable growing conditions.
Clones even just tiny are the same 'age' as the mom, donor plant, along with all the issues of the mom, but generally they look the same, are the same...as the parent, I think the secret is to get an easy cloning strain from the outset ..good luck