What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring Harvest crew..

P

Pound4Pound

Great Thread Wolf. Seems like we are in a similar world. I start them outside as early as February and let them go till May then again till November regardless of strain (usually less than 60 day flower) with the years first crop.

I plant according with the moon and harvest with the moon simply because the results are exceptional and proven over the ages. I only plant on the New Moon, the next one is on april 8th and there will be a solar eclipse which makes it even more special. After that May 8 following the new moon. Plants root better and take quicker on a new moon than any other time. Subsequently on full moon plants produce more above ground, thus more vegetation. I have also fiound that the third quater after a full moon is usually the driest and best time for a chop. Full Moons bring water as recent events have dictated.

When you work with the cosmos they tend to work with you. Taking advantage of everything at your disposal makes you a more formidable candidate for success. April 15-20 is my first crop this year staggered monthly I hope :wink:

I think the colds behind us by the way. Send in the Clones.... :canabis:

G

I hate the sounds of, plant 500 to get 15 due to weather :eek:

Glad to see everything didn't die on ya though. So give a smell a vision here. What are the crosses smelling like? Which strain stinks the most and which one stinks the least?

:whip: Get to it man :friends:

I sure wish I could be coming down this spring too, you know how much traveling I just got done doing.

Stay safe my friend

wolfshadow

Well Im not real good at describing but the TWxBM has a real fruity smell.Seems to mature abit quicker.The fruity smell is overpowering,and you can feel the "HEAT" on your hand if its real close to the buds.One rub up the plant and your hand is realy sticky.

These plants has only been treated once;).No water at transplanting.No water @ all.
I dry treated with Triple super Phosphate,and let nature take its course.My own fault that some did not get bedding around the bottoms until that last rain convinced me that they should.The reason that I opted to not put bedding is because it attracts the spittle bug.Wich can be nasty in its own way..
<<ws>>

G

And how is the yield on that TW x Bm compared to the others you have going?

Can't wait to see it meself. I have a few going and they do look good. I hope the postman shows up soon for ya.

wolfshadow

The yield was MORE.The trim is much better for hash.If I would have had time I would have done all tw/bm.Huh believe me I would have come out REAL sweet this year if it would have all been tw/bm.
Peace!!!
<<ws>>

G

just want to bump this thread and bring it up for any over ambitious growers out there :wave:

its been hiding away in the old threads for too long

marto

Great read. I wonder if coastal climate of north cal is adequate for such a project. I will have to try i guess. Frost is pretty scarce after mid march and the thing i like is just enough rain to keep it watered.....a very low maintenance grow if it works.... but not the case for summer growing.

D

DJ_highst_

marto said:
Great read. I wonder if coastal climate of north cal is adequate for such a project. I will have to try i guess. Frost is pretty scarce after mid march and the thing i like is just enough rain to keep it watered.....a very low maintenance grow if it works.... but not the case for summer growing.

I am in Nor Cal, not on the coast and I have done this too. I think you should be good to go Marto. Cant hurt to experiment. Spring crops are a great way to get extra harvests in. I put mine out starting late Feb./early March and have gotten good results.

Thanks for bumping this thread. Good read

marto

Hi DJ, glad to hear that youve done it and its doable. Did you also do as Wolf mentions and let it reveg as a summer crop after shaving the buds off. Thats the part that really intrigues me because it avoids the hassle of sprouting or cloning seedlings for the summer season.

D

DJ_highst_

marto said:
Hi DJ, glad to hear that youve done it and its doable. Did you also do as Wolf mentions and let it reveg as a summer crop after shaving the buds off. Thats the part that really intrigues me because it avoids the hassle of sprouting or cloning seedlings for the summer season.

I have tired to reveg my spring harvest plants before, but some strains are better than others at this and some dont reveg at all or are very difficult. It really depends on how photo-sensitive the strain you are using is. If you are unsure about how well your strains ability to reveg is, I would have some back of clones to make sure just in case you cant get them back into veg cycle.

I had some plants that stayed in a half veg half flower state for almost 3 months and some the went right back into veg really well. I know this isnt what you want to hear, but take in as much info as you can, then you may have to experiment a bit with the strains you have. Use a few different strains and see what works best. Then keep the ones that respond best for you subsequent cycles. Right now is a great time to start getting things ready for spring crops. Start taking clones and vegging ASAP, so you are ready to go as soon as the weather gets better. Good luck, hope this helps. Peace_highst

marto

Thanks DJ for the info and advice, great food for thought. I'll start a thread in a couple of months to show my progress. Hopefully others will join in too. Certainly is the time to start planning.

trybud

im gearing up for spring right now too. i put mine out feb 25th or so if its warm enough and if the long range forcast says its gonna be cold i just start the 12/12 indoors around the 10th-15th. in my experience the spring plants dont make good reveggers (at least my strains anyways) i think its because a plant thats been flowered and revegged is just more photosensitive...... ive been dealing with a pre-flower problem for 2 years (sort of like yours DJ) my problem is wanting to put out huge plants(for the the time of season) in late may and hoping to get monsters in oct.....a bigger plant will preflower because it takes more time to come out of that initial shock of going inside to outside, also the fact that i never cut the indoor light back to match the outside sun.......in the 'good ol days' (2 years ago) i used to put 6-10" clones in the dirt around june 5th and get huge yields (especially my blockhead) until the greedy side of my brain thought out that plan about bigger plants earlier.....Plants that are pre-flowered in summer need huge doses of nitrogen and superthrive to go along with the extra water you need to give them.....just my $.02

Wolfshadoe

Wow!!! Edit:::This is too crazy,but I'm gonna finnish this thread with the original Spring crop harvest that year well over a decade ago
I see this thread is still around.As I see above ppl did not fully understand wen I spoke of moon phases and revegging and nitrogen.
Wanta have a good season?...Yall just stick around and <ws> gonna showem old school grow...NOTE:::::NEVER take your cell phone in bush to take pictures!!!
In fact>>><Leave it home!!! Get small dig cam and transfer data..They just might try to make some examples just to show that mmj is NOT yet legal to have ,grow or have on you.Unless you are one of the few who are terminal.
Yall be getting ready for FALL 2017...<<ws>

Last edited:

Beanzy

Wow!!!
I see this thread is still around.As I see above ppl did not fully understand wen I spoke of moon phases and revegging and nitrogen.
Wanta have a good season?...Yall just stick around and <ws> gonna showem old school grow...NOTE:::::NEVER take your cell phone in bush to take pictures!!!
In fact>>><Leave it home!!! Get small dig cam and transfer data..They just might try to make some examples just to show that mmj is NOT yet legal to have ,grow or have on you.Unless you are one of the few who are terminal.
Yall be getting ready for FALL 2017...<<ws>
I am onboard and following, ya I was thinking the same thing about phones at sights. My thought was about LEO locating me or they can backtrack me after the fact. It is staying home thanks.

Wolfshadoe

Well there is 1000s of ppl growing now and ppl with small grows,prolly a million.FEDs got their hands full.Now these SMALL town/county TASK forces??? They will SIEZE your shit,take y home and get kick back of property seized from FEDS..Those type are dead ASS wrong!! and don't yall think for a second you are secure,Best way to always think....
This way of growing as I have always done,said"yes they are there" if you find them you deserv them..lol.LEO don't like pulling LOTS of little plants scatterd...

We[whoever] wants to jump aboard is welcome...Its all here.One last hoooraaw before things change>>>Plus I gotta GROW me some teeth.lol,,Only dental insurance I got,ha,ha. Pick the strain of your choice and follow above,and you in the SE can do the same.Its very efficient ,quik and perpetual harvest if done right.Keep in mind we are not gonna be growing trees.Im not gonna actually be growing and showing pictures bc they are already here from 12 years ago...So I'm just doing a" Hypothetical" grow..

Farmers almanac says mild winter ahead.Something to keep in mind for those serious about GG. There will be pictures once season is over of a "friends" GG <ws> style grow.
Edit: I have the pictures from this grow on that video cam.Gonna gettem switched over to PC soon and show some of the end results..

Last edited:

Wolfshadoe

too crazy

too crazy

Just got back from the swamp.Been reminissing I guess. So I got up this morning and rolled me some kush from the bush:biggrin: and went out to check on a "few" things..I went to <ws> last camp that this thread started on well over a decade ago..Cant go into ALL the details now..But I snapped some pictures for yall..I was amazed that <ws> [one of many] camp was still there..My other camps were much more stealth,and less camp debree>>>HAD to exit kinda in a hurry in my main camp....

This is the camp NOW..I have the finnished harvest on the sony dig cam corder.Now I gotta get that from there to here some how

Shit!!! Picture sideways!!..WTF? they are loaded straight,.Sorry but I tried every rotation possible..Nothing I can do to gettem to load straight.
Anyway.#1 is the camp as I first come up on it.
#2,is <ws> enjoying my kush and after I had pulled this stuff out of where its been many yrs...Lol not many ppl can say they are finishing a thread over a decade later..
#3..Now those FAKE ass TV shows that be showing "oh I got A "cashe" just over here..Then they go and pull a few leaves away from a sack or whatever filled with just joys of the wild!!! I callem BULLSHIT!!!#3..Is a REAL cashe!!!! and you can damn well tell aint no FRESH leaves there..LOL..Cant share what come out of there..
This fixing to get fun!!..Whats gonna follow is JUST one camp of many..

Edit once again: I took these with my cell phone,,breaking the rule of GG..However,In this case here I'm gonna make the acception on that call bc nothing been here for a long time and "I AINT SCARED!!" Done been toe to toe with leo over the past 20 yrs of my life.Sued several agencies,county/state/fed and WON everytime [civil] just in the last 10 and all done PRO"se..For those who are not familiar w/that..Means I filed every brief ,motion ect myself..Lol,,So they know <ws> aint gonna bend when I know I'm right.

Attachments

• 20161127_121048.jpg
    20161127_121048.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20161127_121546.jpg
    20161127_121546.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20161127_121237.jpg
    20161127_121237.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: