What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growth tips dying off

Trich_Tyson

Couldn't change the title to "check out my new friends"

edit:

i got the mite.. been a great year. PM this summer, thrips two months ago.. mite damage began last week.

I misjudged it as just another lock out.

picture.php

time for research..

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

Cut off all the visibly affected foliage, spray the plants with vodka twice a day for three days then lemon juice twice a day for three days. That will kill all the bugs and their eggs. Then spray something on to keep them dead in the long term and let your plants recover for a few weeks. Those things can be controlled, you don't need to nuke your house and move to a different watershed, they're just stupid little bugs don't be intimidated.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Tough break, Trich. I had russets a few months back, but caught it really early. I used a rotation of Forbid4F and Avid. My last treatment was 10 weeks ago. I've been scoping the infected plants twice a week since and haven't seen any mites.

Trich_Tyson

Tough break, Trich. I had russets a few months back, but caught it really early. I used a rotation of Forbid4F and Avid. My last treatment was 10 weeks ago. I've been scoping the infected plants twice a week since and haven't seen any mites.

Yeah it’s rough. Third pest since this summer. I learn from each one and this is no different.
I think I caught it early enough. Hoping mother’s are salvageable. The Mom closet was most affected so I culled a few, took the few clones I could, hacked them back to a node or two on a few branches, then hit em with neem, soap silica spray.
Avid and forbid are on order. And normally amazon prime is 1-2 days. For this shit 7 days.. wtf
Monday I’ll get forbid, wed avid. Reverse order that I’d like to apply.

My main veg area was barely affected and flower is unaffected. I’m chopping glue tonight, and the other side within a couple days.

Nuke and reset