What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats the best method for illegal indoor grow?

straw

Hi guys! Ive tried to search but dont really know what to search for.

Where i live its illegal to grow and you get punished by the weight. Is it better for me to grow a small amount of big plants or a large amount of smaller plants?

Thanks in advance for your input

M

moose eater

Do they prosecute in your area based on plant count, aggregate weight, or both? (*If legal consequences are going to be a primary consideration in your decision-making...).

Smaller plants, budded out earlier in their life-time, may leave you sitting on plants for less time, but more of them..

Larger plants take more time, leaving you vulnerable for longer periods, but likely with fewer plants..

A lb. of pungent buds from a larger plant or three, versus a lb. from a butt-load of SOG-style, will put out similar odor in either case, assuming same health in both crops.

Illegal grow state? Carbon, carbon, carbon, show NO ONE your grow area, traffic nothing from your home, avoid retail (thereby avoiding a greater # of customers), never brag about your plants, don't do business with folks who you don't know well enough to let them hold your life in their hands. Stay -far- away from people who have legal issues in their lives, have marital discord, have notable mental health issues, or are involved in high-stakes, high-risk activities of any sort, from dealing in or abusing higher-risk substances, stealing from others, etc..

And check your ego and temper at the door. Once you're at-risk for a grow in hostile country, be ready to -not- unload instant karma of any kind on anyone who may have a hunch of your activity, or bring LEO into your life, no matter how badly the individual(s) need a piece of your mind or fist. Just smile, and move on....

And KNOW YOUR RIGHTS where you live!!

If ever questioned or busted, SAY NOTHING!! Your right to remain silent is THE most important right you have. Any good attorney will tell you straight up that more folks are convicted by their own (often inadvertent) statements, than by anything else. Silence is GOLDEN!!!

And NEVER ever grant approval for a search. It doesn't convince the requesting authorities you have nothing! It simply expedites them entering the area where you -don't- want them to be.

Good luck.

Better to plan on not getting busted, rather than planning to get busted. If it's the type of shithole state where they weigh the wet plants, roots, dirt, and all, what use is it to grow less or more? You are taking the same risk regardless. My $.02.

Illegal grow state? Carbon, carbon, carbon, show NO ONE your grow area, traffic nothing from your home, never brag about your plants, don't do business with folks who you don't know well enough to let them hold your life in their hands. Stay -far- away from people who have legal issues in their lives, have marital discord, have notable mental health issues, or are involved in high-stakes, high-risk activities of any sort, from dealing in or abusing higher-risk substances, stealing from others, etc..

And check your ego and temper at the door. Once you're at-risk for a grow in hostile country, be ready to -not- unload instant karma of any kind on anyone who may have a hunch of your activity, or bring LEO into your life, no matter how badly the individual(s) need a piece of your mind or fist. Just smile, and move on....

QFT

straw

Better to plan on not getting busted, rather than planning to get busted. If it's the type of shithole state where they weigh the wet plants, roots, dirt, and all, what use is it to grow less or more? You are taking the same risk regardless. My $.02.

Im not planning to get busted, not at all, im just planning so that IF i get busted, i get away the easiest i can!

Im from sweden, here they cut the crop at soil level and dry it. 5kg = 2 years. Im trying to calculate the lowest risk/highest yield

straw

Do they prosecute in your area based on plant count, aggregate weight, or both? (*If legal consequences are going to be a primary consideration in your decision-making...).

Smaller plants, budded out earlier in their life-time, may leave you sitting on plants for less time, but more of them..

Larger plants take more time, leaving you vulnerable for longer periods, but likely with fewer plants..

A lb. of pungent buds from a larger plant or three, versus a lb. from a butt-load of SOG-style, will put out similar odor in either case, assuming same health in both crops.

Illegal grow state? Carbon, carbon, carbon, show NO ONE your grow area, traffic nothing from your home, avoid retail (thereby avoiding a greater # of customers), never brag about your plants, don't do business with folks who you don't know well enough to let them hold your life in their hands. Stay -far- away from people who have legal issues in their lives, have marital discord, have notable mental health issues, or are involved in high-stakes, high-risk activities of any sort, from dealing in or abusing higher-risk substances, stealing from others, etc..

And KNOW YOUR RIGHTS where you live!!

If ever questioned or busted, SAY NOTHING!! Your right to remain silent is THE most important right you have. Any good attorney will tell you straight up that more folks are convicted by their own (often inadvertent) statements, than by anything else. Silence is GOLDEN!!!

And NEVER ever grant approval for a search. It doesn't convince the requesting authorities you have nothing! It simply expedites them entering the area where you -don't- want them to be.

Good luck.

Tnx for your input!

X

xavier7995

Not sure if weather/temps allow it, but sounds like an ideal situation for some femmed autos in a guerilla setting. Find a nice secluded spot near a stream or some other water source, plant seeds, come back in 60 days or whatever and harvest. If soil quality is questionable toss some sort of dry fertilizer on the soil around where you plant the seed.

Easy7

Veteran
5 kilo's only 2 years, damn that's a bargain.

Depends on your access to the outdoors. Or if you are renting.

A 630 CMH can supply plenty of herb and hash. More plants equals more work and quicker return. Larger plants are easier to manage and take longer (due to veg). Also the longer the veg the more expensive. Some figuring is taken into consideration with veg lights that use less wattage (dial down).

straw

Great tips but its going to be an indoor operation!

More work doesent matter, what im looking for is a way to get the best bud-plant materia ratio! Yeah sure 2 years for Five kilo is okay but take in account that they weigh stems and leaves aswell! Anyone got a clue what a standard sized plant weights w stems and all? Dried

More work doesent matter, what im looking for is a way to get the best bud-plant materia ratio! Yeah sure 2 years for Five kilo is okay but take in account that they weigh stems and leaves aswell! Anyone got a clue what a standard sized plant weights w stems and all? Dried
I have found that with a great yielding clone, the dried buds make up about two thirds of the total above ground weight.

To maximise yield over time without having excessive amounts at any one time, you should have two lights and two grow spaces. This way you can stagger your grows so that when one is ready the other is only in the early flowering stage. As far as plant numbers, I grow only one plant per 600w light, which can yield around 500-600grm.

straw

I have found that with a great yielding clone, the dried buds make up about two thirds of the total above ground weight.

To maximise yield over time without having excessive amounts at any one time, you should have two lights and two grow spaces. This way you can stagger your grows so that when one is ready the other is only in the early flowering stage. As far as plant numbers, I grow only one plant per 600w light, which can yield around 500-600grm.

Tnx man! That was exactly what i needed! One plant 600g, have you reached urself??

Tnx man! That was exactly what i needed! One plant 600g, have you reached urself??
Yeah it usually varies between 5-600gm in a 4 x 3ft space. I have a sativa leaning hybrid that makes large dense buds and I tip or prune it to create multiple branches during veg.

RB56

Veteran
The rules to follow are:

Don't tell.
Don't sell.
Don't smell.

Keys to not being detected. If you plan to sell, your customers are your weakest link. Otherwise, accidental detection is the biggest risk. If weed can be smelled from outside or at the front door, someone is going to notice. If unusual light patterns are detectable, someone is going to notice.

When I first set up to grow inside, the only convenient space enclosed the breaker box for the building. Any time a person came in to service the building, the room had to be emptied and made to look innocent. This created significant risk each time. I've since reconfigured the space so that the breaker box is outside of the grow and a person canst and anywhere along the walls of the grow and not see, hear or smell anything.

Determine how much you want to produce. Figure out how much space you'll need to do that and then put all of your efforts into making that space invisible. Use a growing style that lets you reuse as much as possible. It's possible to produce enough to supply several people in a small space.

CaptainDankness

Great tips but its going to be an indoor operation!

A 1,000 watt HPS can yield you up to a kilo of bud for a beginner that is pretty difficult the stems and leaves won't weigh as much so you can easily do a 3,000 watt grow and not hit 5 kilos in total dry plant material and that's just at harvest time.

bigbadbiddy

Let me re-iterate the safest and most important rules:

Don't smell.
Don't tell.
Don't sell.

Done.

Especially in Sweden, trust me, they don't give a flying fuck about you growing dope in your attic. They have their hands full with the refugee crisis and all that jazz. They don't care about cannabis at the moment, also because they know we are talking 10-15 years tops before it becomes widely legal now.

It really is a great time to grow in Europe at the moment. Not as great as legal US states but still, better than it has been in decades.

Nobody will care, trust me.

All you need to do is:

Don't smell.
Don't tell.
Don't sell.

And you will be good.
These are by far and large the 3 most common reasons grows get busted. Once you do get busted, I doubt it makes a huge difference if you grew a bunch of small plants or fewer larger ones or if you grew in hydro or soil etc.
If it ever happens, you will have to carry the consequences either way.
That being said, if the limit you are worried about is 5kg because that means 2 years in the big house, then there you have it.

No matter what medium, what style of growing, make it so you stay below 5kg.
Which will be easy. Because to get 5kg dried bud, you would have to have quite the big operation going. Those are not "closet, personal use"-numbers.

Just start and if you feel it could possibly get to 5kg, scale back a bit next round.
Make sure you don't keep the dried bud in the same place where you grow it.

Many people seem to bury their bud in an air tight container in the woods or something of the sort. Get creative.
Just make sure the bud you are currently growing plus whatever you keep in your stash doesn't exceed 5 kg.

But if you make sure you don't smell (keep them carbon filters good and working, replace on time, if no replacement filter at the ready, keep something that could overpower the smell temporarily (until you can replace the filter) in case you ever run into an issue here).

Don't sell is also self-explanatory with the added stipulation that if you have to sell, don't do it from the same place that you grow. And either way, try to avoid the retail end of it. Try to sell to someone wholesale if you can. This also minimizes risk and helps you stay below 5kg at all times.

The don't tell part is probably the hardest of all and the only rule I ever broke. It cost me the grow location back then and sent me into a 20 year hiatus from growing... I will never do that again.
Sometimes you can't avoid telling someone. A grow can quickly become more than 1 person can handle on the side (assuming you need to work and/or have other obligations). So sometimes you have to bring someone in. But don't just go with this or that buddy. Usually you will have a family or spouse living the same place and even if they are not as open to the whole thing as you or are even opposed to it, they will eventually find out so you kind of have to let them know anyway.
Since they know, they might as well help you with it but no-one outside should know.
If the grow is so large that you need another helping hand and your parents/wife/siblings simply can't or won't do it, then I guess you gotta bring someone in.
But I personally wouldn't trust anyone I don't know for 10+ years or so at least and even then I would be super hesitant.

Last time I told someone, it was a friend I knew for 10+ years and I needed both his help and resources to get the grow going. He has family in law enforcement which means he understood the severity and delicacy of the whole thing very well.

Still, the guy told another friend. After the first harvest which makes it slightly better but he told someone.
The guy had his suspicions and wouldn't let go and my buddy eventually cracked and just told him.
The guy he told was instable, always had money issues and I specifically ruled him out as becoming part of the grow op.
So once he was aware of the secret, he obviously told others and before you knew it people came up to me unsolicited and were like "so a bird told me you are the source?".

Yeah, I decided I wouldn't wait for something to go sideways but instead took down everything, tried to sell what equipment we could and move on...

It is hard. I too want to tell my friends, I am damn proud and I can just see their mouths standing open after seeing what I see daily. They would go batshit and I would get so much recognition and positive feedback. Plus I could share all the surplus herb with them which would make me very, very happy. Even if I gift it and don't charge a penny.

But it is not worth it.
It never is.

Just don't do it and you won't have trouble. It is by far the hardest part of the 3 rules (at least to me) but it is just as important as the other two.

Follow the 3 rules, trust that LEOs have their hands full with refugees and that cannabis is currently an absolute afterthought in EU law enforcement.

And grow great plants and enjoy :)

BBB

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
There are actually 4 rules. The fourth rule is don't yell. If you or your neighbors have drama issues, it's also a no-go. Cops show up to the wrong house all the time. ;)

Here's what you're looking for... Micro Growing You're going to build yourself a few boxes that sit in the unused corners of your house. Every month or so you're going to harvest something. :)

Welcome to the wild, wild, world of cannabis clutivation :D
Save

Latest posts

Latest posts