What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My LED projects and growzones diy

Hey guys and gals. Im just starting a thread to document and help myself as well as anyone else who wants to check it out. My veg projects will now be started in my growbarrels so i can keep the perpetual nugs flowing and not waiting around the extra few weeks associated with veg and such.
I believe i will use one of the 2 barrels just to test out what 50watts at 1200ma will yield me and see if its anything substantial.

One barrel has a full spec cheapo cob from a light i bought from amazon and scrapped after one failed..with 2 cree xml2s cool white.
The other has a vero gen 7 at 4000k with 2 cree xpe royal blues. I added the other led chips with the cobs because i had leftover volts on the driver and figured why not. Sorry i cant post pics yet. Ill update thread after im not a noob. Stay with me

Ok pics are there.

Ok pics are there.

My mistake. I can post pics. Lol. Anyway. One barrel has 4 1gal growbags in a soil perlite mix. (Strains in vero barrel are skunk xl, triple cheese, vanillakush, 8ballkush)
The other will be a triple cheese in a bucket of soil and perlite mix.
This is only my second time growing in soil as i am a dwc guy but with the barrels and limoted headroom i am using soil and might possibly transplant into 5galdwc buckets unless i just decide to flower these 4 as well. I have tons of barrels, leds, drivers and lots of clones ready to build so i can easily make another barrel strictly veg. This might be a microflower thread. Still not sure. We will see. I see all the mocrogrows on here and the pulls ppl get from a low watt led setup and i like the idea of having choices.

The closet

The closet

This is the original space i hhve and am still currently using for the dwc plants i normally use. Its a 2x3.5x6.5 (ft) i have 2cxb3590s (3500k) one is powered at 1500ma on an arctic apline 11 plus
the other is powered at 1200ma and i added 6creexpe cool whites to use up voltage
and mix spec a bit. A cheapo full spec cob at 1200ma i pulled out of a junk light. And the 24in light bar i made tht has various whites,reds,and blues which is about 80watts without fans and such.

Its roughly 225-230watts total and thats when im running all of it. Sometimes i will turn off the whites on the middle bar so only blues and reds are going because miximg these leds with cobs can mess up the canopy and some light goes to waste as the cobs penetrate much more than the led chips. I turn the whites off and it cuts down 60 watts of not necessarily wasted light but it keeps heat down as well as the xml2s @1750ma get kinda warm

3plants this run. Ive had awesome results running 1 or 2 but this time i went with 3 and added a bit more light. We will see how they perform. They already stink. Tht triple cheese is almost so rank its actually rank. Lol if tht makes semse to anyone. Cant wait to try

Earlier photos of the 3 in the closet.

This is from first run with only 2 cxbs (before i became addicted to builds) Just a single dwc skunkxl. Very choice buds. I hadnt had a good skunky earthyish tasting and smelling herb in a minute and missed it hardcore as it seems like the markets flooded with fruitystuff these days