What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Noctua nf-f12 threw a diy carbon filter

jonhova

Hello icmag diyers,
i have a question for you guys.

I want to get 2
noctua f12
3000 rpm
109 CFM and
7.63 mm/H2O (static pressure)
$23 on pcpartpicker

hooked up to ($5/ each) 120mm - 4" duct which would connect at the top of my cab to the carbon filter pencil cup design.

Depending on how loud they are at the exhaust i was thinking of adding a $10 4 channel fan speed control to run them around 50% voltage.

What do you thats you think? My goal is to have enough negative pressure to keep the smell contained and sound MINIMAL to nonexistent

My cabinet will be 2"x2"x5" (60.96 cm x 60.96 cm x 152.4 cm)

20 cubic feet volume.

My other thought was having the pencil cups hang down into the cab and suck the air into the top chamber.

Anyway let me know if this is a stupid idea or possibly a great idea!

Beuhologue

hi jon!

you could use 4 or 5 noctua in a pile (same direction of blowing), and adjust a charcoal filter (it work with a little filter) and its work for a 250w hps grow, already see that

++!

jonhova

hi beuhologue,

I have a question.

Do you think slapping 2 together is better than creating 2 separate exhausts?

Ill probably buy 2 almost immediately and maybe a 3rd but after that i wouldnt want to invest much more in these types of fans $$ wise lol

Beuhologue

I think 2 different exhausts is not useful for a little tent like your (with led it's right? how many Watts?)

for the speed control, noctua are not enough powerful to need a dimer (no big negative pressure with them) but noctua fan came with little adapter, plugged between fan and power and it decrease the fan speed, but noctua is not enough powerful to need that for plant (specially if you use them for exhaust edit: and with a carbon filter)

++!

Last edited: