What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Winter Wonderland ❆❅..Ultimate🎄Survival..❅ ❆ Guerilla Grow 2017

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Winter Wonderland ❆❅..Ultimate🎄Survival..❅ ❆ Guerilla Grow 2017

Well folks, I have decided to create a separate thread from my Guerilla Growers Underground thread, as that thread focuses more on tips, pointers, kinks and discussion rather than a specific point.

This "Ultimate🎄Survival" thread is basically my grow journal. This will focus on my current grow which I have started in time to throw up some photos "soon" of the girls I have out that are close to the finish line. But the main focus in this thread is the 30 something plants I have had vegging indoor under 24hr 2000 watts since around mid June. It was a very late start for the later half of this years grow and is pretty abnormal if I must say, because these girls are just now getting prepared for a cold flowering journey.

They were started in June from regular seeds, Getaway Mountain Genetics. Bred purely for mold, disease, weather resistance. Their roots come from Maine which deal with some nasty cold, harsh weather with little sunlight due to the muggy and foggy humid days. So here in South Far east Kentucky, they should love the new environment.

Currently vegging in 10 gallon grow bags, they are not root bound but will say the roots have filled them up nicely.

Now, I am thinking about transplanting them from the 10 gallon bags to 20 gallon bags tonight actually, then placing them in the great outdoors by mid morning. Gonna be a long night I must say, but these girls have got to get outside ASAP! My goal was to veg some super large plants to give me big yields in return and large they truly are. But they will be facing some really cold days and especially nights from around mid flower on.

We are gonna see just how frost resistant the ganja really is. Of course I will take some preventative measures and do my best to protect them from November to December.

Now my question for you guys is pretty urgent, cause obviously these girls need to be outside like right now because I don't wanna push it. Last year we had mild weather up till mid December and i'm hoping for the same this year as well (fingers crossed!).

My question... Should I leave them in their 10 gallon pots to flower out? Or should I go ahead and transplant into 20 gallon bags instead?

I have already in the last couple weeks put a few out and transplanted to the 20's and it seems like I have noticed some more growth and stretch since. Reason I am so concerned on what to do, it is my understanding that roots do not continue growing during flowering. I have also read they do, but not as much as they don't. IME i'm not really sure cause I just have not ever really noticed. But even if it brings up my yield just a couple of ounces I will be more than happy! I know they do say that the roots grow the first two weeks of flowering, so maybe I should??

Here is where they are at currently, I estimate if I let them flower out in the 10s I should get anywhere from 6 to 8 ounces each from them. I feel if I transplanted I would get 8 to 12 ounces a piece out of them. This part is confusing me. Give me some advice.

Screenshot_2017-10-07-11-05-59.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-07-03-43-15.jpg

Screenshot_2017-09-29-17-27-45.jpg

MountainBudz

Currently painting and prepping the grow bags as of right now. Just got the soil ready and the bags painted. I always paint them camo to fit in better with the environment. Since everything is turning brown and by harvest time will be completely brown I am using desert type camo for the bags.

I only had 7 20 gallon grow bags left over so I am putting 7 of the plants in 20 gallon, the rest will stay in 10. Will be a good learning experience to compare the 20's to the 10's for future reference and see just how much the roots fill the bags in going straight to flower.

I will have a lot of weight taken off my shoulders once these girls get outside and will save some cash for a month on electricity usage as well, well until I receive my clone only cuts that I have been impatiently waiting on, then its off to start a 5,000 watt indoor grow for the fall/winter! I will be extremely busy for a while that's for sure!

:tiphat:

Dday391

This is going to be an awesome trial mountain! I'm excited to see the outcome for sure, my guess is you will see a difference like you said on yield in the 10s and 20s. I'm pretty sure the roots will try to double in the first few weeks of flower. I'm no expert but if the plant can double or triple above ground idk why mother nature wouldn't do the same under ground as well. I'm in the new England climate so I'm really interested in the cold weather/ plant growth relationship. I've thought about over winter and if/ how it could be accomplished. Even the possibilities of a late October throw out after forcing flower indoors to hopefully beat the l.e in my area. Happy growing man and good luck.

MountainBudz

This is going to be an awesome trial mountain! I'm excited to see the outcome for sure, my guess is you will see a difference like you said on yield in the 10s and 20s. I'm pretty sure the roots will try to double in the first few weeks of flower. I'm no expert but if the plant can double or triple above ground idk why mother nature wouldn't do the same under ground as well. I'm in the new England climate so I'm really interested in the cold weather/ plant growth relationship. I've thought about over winter and if/ how it could be accomplished. Even the possibilities of a late October throw out after forcing flower indoors to hopefully beat the l.e in my area. Happy growing man and good luck.

It will for sure be a learning experience that is for sure Dday! We can only learn from experience, trial and error.

I finally got all girls put out and waiting for my Real Growers Recharge to arrive in the mail today before watering them in. If you have never heard of this nutrient then by all means PLEASE look into it! This shit is the best thing ever made for plants and i'm 100% serious about it!

Well taking a break atm momentarily before going back out and trimming under the girls skirts. Been sittin' on the Porcelain Goddess and had an idea pop into my cranium. I am going to wrap the grow bags in double layered bubble wrap, then straw, then camo burlap to protect the roots from the cold and keep them warm once the cold weather sets in. The outside burlap will also be great camo and help hide the girls. Yes, my biggest fear in this other than the cold weather is how damn obvious they are gonna stand out! Green bushes in the middle of a brown and tan dead grass and weeds lol.

I actually have plans of using duck hunters "real grass" camo and possibly grassland camo netting around the plot once everything dies out. For now I think I am gonna run to the farm store today and get me a 50lb bag of triple 20 granular fertilizer and spread around the acre these girls are thriving in to help keep it green just a little bit longer.

One thing I do not have to worry about " I think" are fly overs this late into the year. So pretty much all I have to worry about are people on foot. Trespassers, hunters and farmers. I am in a anti-marijuana state, tons of bible thumping old timers around here ready to quickly pick up the phone and dial the local sheriffs office at the slightest smell or sight of a skunk. Ugh! Maybe one day that will all change! :moon:

'Boogieman'

I have transplanted plants in lately July that just started popping white hairs and noticed a huge difference in growth so as long as your confident you can safely pop them out a ten gallon pot and transplant I would do it.

Dday391

Man I hope your state eventually comes around! Ky has been #2 only to Cali in terms of outdoor production for years. I've been looking at numbers the dea reports and it's fucking insane.. Like tens of millions of plants man.. Crazy. Y'all would probably have the best herb.. I was blessed enough to have a chance to vote for legalized mj last year. I've honestly never been so proud to be an adult hahaha. The only state last year that didn't legalize was the state I moved out here from lol fuck az I'd be so mad if my state didn't vote it in. I was prepared to move for real haha. The insulation on the roots is genius man btw

MountainBudz

I have transplanted plants in lately July that just started popping white hairs and noticed a huge difference in growth so as long as your confident you can safely pop them out a ten gallon pot and transplant I would do it.

I have transplanted a few of them from the 10's to 20's in the last couple to three weeks, although I have nothing to compare them to they have blown up quiet a bit but didn't know if it was just due to stretch or what.

I think back now to my last indoor run and remember vegging in 3 gallon smarties and transplanted from 3 to 5 gallon a week before flipping and a few I threw into 7 gallon containers, the ones in 7 gallon yielded almost double compared to the 5's.

We will see...

Another thing I am focusing on is during the transplant, focusing entirely on root and plant growth. I am giving a mixture of Earth Juice Seablast Grow and Earth Juice Seablast Bloom. A third of that dose is the grow and a quarter of that dose is the bloom for that initial growth spurt during transitioning.

Then I have this stuff I have been raving about called "Recharge" by Real growers from Colorado. I remember browsing mychorrizae products on Amazon, to run along side my Mykos and Azos (I love mychorrizae, shit makes your plants have incredible root growth so I give tons of it in all different forms lol) and ran across this product.

So in conclusion, it gets maximum boost of Nitrogen to stimulate that explosive growth and stretch and then a little bloom juice to stimulate flower production all while the roots get blasted with floods of mychorrizae and microbe food to feed the good microbes.

I am gonna put up product description of Recharge, shit is the bees knees!

Here is the description from Amazon..

Description

Recharge makes gardening simple. It contains billions of beneficial living soil microbes that load up depleted soils with organic nutrition. Recharge is the most complete living soil Megapack we have found! Its Designed in Colorado and is designed for high performance gardeners. Recharge contains both Mycorrhizae and trichoderma fungi as well as a range of bacteria species. The Mycorrhizae fungi grow to naturally protect the plant while delivering water and nutrients to the root system. The trichoderma species of fungi in Recharge have been selected because of their high tolerance to chemical fertilizers. These trichoderma species are aggressive decomposers and break down organic matter within the soil and make it available to the plant. But the star of Recharge is the Beneficial Bacteria. Bacillus subspecies act as billions of stomachs, digesting and converting soil matter into natures perfect slow release plant food. We supercharge our Recharge with high quality Ascophyllum nodosum Kelp extract and provide an unsulfured blackstrap molasses as a food source. The results are outstanding. Use Recharge once a week to keep your plants looking outstanding while improving important attributes of quality and flavor in many crops.

Here is the label...

Screenshot_2017-10-11-06-20-17.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-11-06-20-00.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-11-06-18-25.jpg

MountainBudz

I am actually thinking about running half of these with organics and organic fertilizers and the other half chemical, probably use jacks classic bloom booster and growmore hawaiin bud and bloom. Have used both of those in the past with great results!

MountainBudz

A few pics to keep the thread interesting.

This is what I trimmed night before last, this poison warp bud is one of the many 3 feet long top buds. Ended up getting over a 5 gallon bucket full of buds trimmed up off the branches off this one.

You can see my normal but still late set crop is finishing well. Then you can also see a few vegging plants around the same size of the ones finishing as well. This is one spot of many plants, both finished and just getting started.

Screenshot_2017-10-12-20-25-43.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-12-20-28-01.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-12-20-28-35.jpg

MountainBudz

Update

The girls are looking happy on the mountain side. Getting them prepped for the cold. Been pretty warm here lately through the day 75 to 90 degrees. A little cooler at night but not much.

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-14-06.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-14-13.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-14-28.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-14-45.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-15-17.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-15-35.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-16-16.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-16-42.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-20-43.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-15-10-19-45.jpg

MountainBudz

Well folks, woke up this morning to the coldest morning we have had thus far (50 degrees), but feels much colder. I can feel it in the air, I can see it on the ground, the fall is officially settling in the area. Tonight/early morning is supposed to be between 37 and 39 degrees. But the highs all week are up around 65 to early 70's. I seen one night in a few days calling for 29 degrees. Ahh, we are just gonna have to see what happens.

The girls have barely began flowering, if and I mean IF it comes down to plant damage I will move them to an indoor location to finish them out and they will be severely over crowded but that's better than a complete loss. I have faith in them and I feel they will make it till the end.

Ordering Anti-Stress 2000, Frost blankets today. If I have to since the seasonal LEO air eradication is over I will purchase some pvc and plastic and find me a place to build a hoop house for them to finish. Whatever it takes, I will do.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Interesting, wonder if i know these folks. Spent a lot of time in maine. Lived there twice already, and may again some day. There are amazing genetics around those parts! And lots of varieties geared towards outdoors.

MountainBudz

Interesting, wonder if i know these folks. Spent a lot of time in maine. Lived there twice already, and may again some day. There are amazing genetics around those parts! And lots of varieties geared towards outdoors.

I would imagine they are well known people in their area for sure. He sent me over a thousand dollars worth of seeds for free, for testing. They have ALL been popped and are currently growing.

It will come back to him, for sure.

MountainBudz

So as I had my cup of coffee this morning I pondered and danced in an imaginary flow of ideas. Then boom! It hit me.

I had read a few articles on gardening websites about how when adding frost cloth over your plants, to run "led Christmas" lights around the base to emit heat.

Well since marijuana is photosensitive, this will NOT work on photosensitive plants. My idea? Put freeze cloth over the tops of the plants and seal the edges well on the bottom, throw in a couple or even one hand warmer at the base of the plant, the stalk. This should emit enough warmth to keep them happy on cold nights.

I found a place where I can order these hand warmers in bulk online, 120 pairs for $70.00. That means 240 warmers for each plant :D. I am extremely happy that the good lord allowed that thought to fall into my brain this morning. I mean, if LED Christmas lights work (which put out super minimal heat) then the hand warmers should work excellent!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Recharge from RealGrowers is the best supplement available today. It works quickly and the plant response is incredible. I've found that when using it you can cut down on the fertilizers and be just fine come harvest.

-Funk

MountainBudz

Recharge from RealGrowers is the best supplement available today. It works quickly and the plant response is incredible. I've found that when using it you can cut down on the fertilizers and be just fine come harvest.

-Funk

I agree Funk. I also notice that the trich and resin output is doubled as well. When I first purchased this product I did so with no knowledge nor did I really educate it at all. I was originally looking for the norm, Azos and Mykos. I always uses Mykos in my soil/medium mix year after year.

Well, I ran across it on Amazon suggestions, the reviews were incredible and I would not go back and change my decision for nothing. This shit is legit bees knees for sure!

MountainBudz

Well folks, the weather has still been manageable here in the good ole Appalachia's. We have not had a night drop below 46 degrees I do believe. Plants are healthy and doing an amazing job striving through the month of October. Yes, I am knocking on wood as I type this haha...

Did have a problem the last few days and likely the next few days to come. Mr farmer man has been bush hogging close (about 50 ft away) from the crop and has that specific area finished. Then on the other side (the steep part of the mountain) has still not been bush hogged yet, but it was 2 years ago and I have a feeling they will tackle it again this year. So I have been moving and re arranging plants off and on the past few days and believe me it is not easy work, at all.

One thing for sure, they cannot bush hog the specific area where the plants are located BUT the land joins to the land they are bush hogging and it is very very close to where they are working. So I have my fingers crossed as most vegetation surrounding the plants is for the most part beginning to die down exposing the girls.

If I can make it through this, then all should be good as far as people locating and spotting the crop goes. Then all I have to worry about is the weather. This was one of those heart pounding situations, as they bush hogged and made their rounds back and forth from the foot of the mountain back towards the valley, I would run down throw a plant on the wheel barrel and move it to the opposite side of the hill. I watched them work the entire day, but they never seen me :D...

I hate how heavy they are though and I had just watered the plants a day and two before I had to move them in 20 to 30 gallon grow bags. Extremely heavy!

Now I am plotting a plan, where I need to move them until they are done with hill side (if they even bush hog it) to where they can get adequate sunlight until they are done and I can move them back when they are finished. The bad part is, that I have no idea when or even if they will mow it this year. It could be tomorrow and it could be in a week or two and I don't want my girls hiding in the shade for that long... ughh!!! The bitch of guerilla growing!!!