What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Last Blue Dream

St. Phatty

Well the masses have spoken and they don't want Blue Dream anymore. At least on the West coast.

This is by far the best indoor hydro cut in existence.

Fast and heavy. Ultra Hazy smell even at 7 days post harverst. And devastatingly sweet smelling at the same time. Bubble hash has an almost camphor/menthol quality. A real Dream.

So what should I do with her?

Dont let the masses dictate what veg plants you keep.

I think the pendulum could swing back sooner. It's great medicine. I'm running low on 2016 bud and was going through a drawer and found like 1 gram of Blue Dream. It was Great !!!

One other option probably already mentioned ... new name.

What would you do if you were working in the advertising arm of the Cannabis industry ?

Nothing wrong with a new name. Chartreuse Hallucination ? well that's too long, just trying to keep with the color-mental state naming convention.

One other option ... introduce her to some quality males.

The results are guaranteed Awesome, and some may have the Magic Trifecta (weight, resin, easy or no manicure).

I think nVidia has used the same name over and over. Actually I think both nVidia AND AMD/ATI have used the brand name "8800" to describe late model video cards.

Easy7

Veteran
Someone will want any mj strain or variety from their past, in the future. I never tried any blue dream.

Cali scene is way different than here. Most people are lucky to hear rumors of what they smoke. Names can focus heat on, due to being a crime.

The sad thing is some strains/varieties are gone forever, seemingly.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I can't agree to renaming it. Anyone in the Biz can tell BD from looks and that Hazy smell. I don't supply the public I supply Dispensaries. It's too unique my friend.
If you ever want a demoralizing experience go sell flower to a store in Cali. They will ruthlessly pick it apart.

Easy7

Veteran
I never was one much for bullshit trends. People hype a lot of what they have and put down others for their choice. Lot's of thugs in weed culture, nice people around too. So much of weed it seems is financially motivated. Or power motivated. Few in just for the comfort ride.

PDX Dopesmoker

Calling it BD Kush was probably a lot of people's first idea because thats what Cheech and Chong would have done, but mushroombrew has a reputation to protect and a bunch of other legit stuff that merits respect and a good price. There are a few people working in dispensaries who do actually know wtf they're doing and word gets around that mr. brew can't be trusted then thats bad news for future sales.

That being said, I really hope this thread doesn't end like Old Yeller, that seems like it would be too sad.

BD is great when taken to 10 weeks. Problem is too many people pull her way early and it's given it a bad rep. Don't dump her, you'll regret it later....happened to me with a Hindu Kush cut bout 12 years ago. All of us was pumping her out and it got hard to get rid of. We all dumped her not knowing each of us did that. Now I would give my left nut to have her back

Rondon

I can't agree to renaming it. Anyone in the Biz can tell BD from looks and that Hazy smell. I don't supply the public I supply Dispensaries. It's too unique my friend.
If you ever want a demoralizing experience go sell flower to a store in Cali. They will ruthlessly pick it apart.

I have the confirmed cut of Santa Cruz Blue Dream. Very sativa leaves but the fully ripe flowers smell "sweet" like candy. Indoors or out.

Scrappy-doo

Wow those pics on the first page! I've never tried the Santa Cruz cut but dammit I'd trade my unborn kids for it. Never even seen it or know anyone who's run it here on the east coast.

Well the masses have spoken and they don't want Blue Dream anymore. At least on the West coast.

Fast and heavy. Ultra Hazy smell even at 7 days post harverst. And devastatingly sweet smelling at the same time. Bubble hash has an almost camphor/menthol quality. A real Dream.

I bet in 20 years this bitch will be a diamond again. And nobody will have her as market choice will soon make her extinct.

NEW OG WORLD ORDER IS IN EFFECT... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

So I was thinking about selfing her and preserving her in seed form?

What you guys think?

I made some hybrids that are going ballistic 12 days into flower.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1764040]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1764041]View Image[/url]

absolutely stunning. How long were these plants veg'd?

redlaser

Veteran

I bet in 20 years this bitch will be a diamond again. And nobody will have her as market choice will soon make her extinct.

NEW OG WORLD ORDER IS IN EFFECT... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

So I was thinking about selfing her and preserving her in seed form?

What you guys think?

I made some hybrids that are going ballistic 12 days into flower.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1764040]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1764041]View Image[/url]

Those plants look a lot closer to 28 days than 12, that is some progression.

I've never had blue dream but it sounds like something I'd like. I don't believe in renaming plants ever, but I do like to have the name reflect the parents involved. Blueberry Haze would be accurate if a person wanted to use that

mushroombrew

Veteran
Those plants look a lot closer to 28 days than 12, that is some progression.

I've never had blue dream but it sounds like something I'd like. I don't believe in renaming plants ever, but I do like to have the name reflect the parents involved. Blueberry Haze would be accurate if a person wanted to use that

Sorry for the confusion. I was reffering to some BD hydrids in another thread. The pics are at harvest 56days.

It's amazing how people just stopped wanting it. Marijuana is an odd commodity. You don't see guys changing cigarette brands every two weeks!!

mushroombrew

Veteran
i like blue dream taken about week 11, she gets nice and soothing and much thicker smoke

It depends on the cut and the environment.

I let this cut go almost 11wks because we couldn't keep up with the trim job.

It really started "dying" at 10wks. Just faded and started
to brown.

But a real haze leaner would suck at 8 amd shine at 11...