What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flower Week 2 - Burned or Deficient?

HqFarms

Thanks Hq. So does toxicity/salt build up start showing itself on the bottom of the plant and work it's way up? The only signs I'm seeing on the top of the plant are some very lightly yellowed leaf tips, as if they've been ever-so-slightly nute burned. But the damage on the bottom is much more ravenous, and has a different look. As shown in the images, it's sort of like a cripsing of the leaf from the outside in.

Depending what is locked out macro or micro nutrients signs will show on top or bottom. If your ppm raises in your run off you are feeding them too much. Run off ppm will drop if plants are hungry. I see you are running canna coco plus calmag. Canna coco is buffered with extra calcium for the extra needs of coco. My guess is you have filled the calcium buffer and now have excess causing a toxicity problem.

Hydropimp

Veteran
There is a form you should copy and paste fill in the blanks. Its in the infirmary

Need that pic with the lights off.

For now feed low with lots of run off to reset the coco.

RedBeardy5

Looks to me to be a deficiency of a few elements. I would up your base nutes and monitor your runoff. This happened to me when I added a co2 generator. How often do you feed, what ppm, what size pot, and wattage light?

Appreciate the advice everyone. Pretty sure that the crowd consensus of salt buildup is correct. I tested each plant's runoff individually this morning and although there were a couple that showed only 200-400 ppm, most of them were showing 900-1200. Guess I tested one of the hungry girls earlier. Spent the better part of the day mixing light nute res's (250 ppm) and flushing the whole garden out. Got it down to an average of 500 ppm runoff, so will have to flush some more this weekend.

Hq - I'm sure you're right. I'll go without any of the calmag in the next few feedings (including all of today's flushing) and see if Canna's AB holds true. I was just adding it as a precautionary since I kept reading all over the internet that if you use RO and coco, you MUST use calmag. If the calmag isn't needed, that'll be one less ingredient to toss in the res :)

Latest posts

Latest posts