What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Yeah Fiddy
That was really 23 horses in 3 months on just the one track. All the water and some aging screwed with the artificial turf gave it too much traction. A lot of tracks went with that even Keenland and they wouldn't even have sound system much less video till about ten years ago.
Fish is right they keep breeding for massive muscle and small bones and at some point something has to give. Change is coming to the sport but it may be too little too late. Lasix will be outlawed this year and Bute may be soon behind. The artificial turf fix was short lived and many are returning to a dirt mix.
Anyone grown the Pineapple express before? Mine is out of the ground but moving very slow. I have the G13 version which is big bud by skunk. I gave her a balanced feed yesterday at ec .3 just to wake her up some. I have read it was trainwreck by maui wowi was the original PE so who knows the real name of what I have. I did grow Big Bud once and did not keep a cut. We're old and tired already so couchlock weed not high on our list.
I got about 2 inches of rain yesterday and expect another couple today. Low areas are in trouble today as no more will soak in. I have to go down among the gully jumpers today too. Shopping for Ms Hazrd's easter basket. Nothing fancy just a little candy some ink pens, flashlights and such. We get ducks too for the kenducky derby. Its a fundraiser where you get a numbered duck and they dump a couple hundred thousand in the ohio. Fastest swimmer gets a prize. Also derby pins. Each year a new pin is designed and about one in a thousand are gold. Gold gets you registered to win a car or truck in the final drawing. The pin acts as a free pass too for a lot of music events during Derby week, and all the races in the streets. Bedlam, hospital bed race. Running of the Rodents, fastest rat gets a garland of fruit loops. Steamboat race on Wednesday. Run for the Rose'. waiters with trays of wine. And of course the Chow Wagon and beer garden on the river with several bands every night on the great lawn all through Derby Week.
They have a big parade on Thursday, I mean a big parade. When my daughter was a teen we went to Washington DC for the cherry blossom festival and parade. When it was over she said when's the big parade? Spoiled by Derby Week.
Happy Easter dudes eat a bunch of Easter eggs and keep a window open.:tiphat:

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
It sounds like racing is pretty dangerous for those horses.
I've never grown Pineapple Express but I've heard great things about her. Let us know how it goes.
It's been a wet one for us but not as much flooding here as down by you. I hope you've got an inflatable raft just in case.
Those ducks for the derby sound cool, I hope you get a fast one.
That sounds like one hell of a parade!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening brother! hope you had a great easter weekend
were you able to get that ride in? hopefully spring is in the air and soon you will be enjoying some nice weather
me and the mrs hiked a hill sunday morning and got to watch the sunrise together
it was a fun hike and a church group showed up later in the morning
that is so cool about your new friend man! sounds like a fun dude for sure
ive been super interested in mycology for a while but havent had much luck lately
did you take that for a spin too or are you waiting for a special occasion
i wonder if there is anything that could cross over between the way he grows and the way we do it?
if nothing else it still sounds super interesting and i bet it was fun to hear what he had to say
kick ass man, it sounds ike you had a great time easter weekend fiddy
hope your week is off to a great start and it just gets better my man

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon Packerfan.
Sounds like a great 4/20 weekend for you brother. How did those ribs turn out? I hope the chop went well for you!

Fiddynuts, the ribs turned out great. Chop went well. Everything was really easy to trim. No leafy buds in sight. I am quite happy with this round. I am vegging 2 clones of the best 2. So 4 plants next round.

Shroom connects are a good thing. I am getting ready for another trip. Soon, its been way too long.

Fiddynut

happening brother! hope you had a great easter weekend
were you able to get that ride in? hopefully spring is in the air and soon you will be enjoying some nice weather
me and the mrs hiked a hill sunday morning and got to watch the sunrise together
it was a fun hike and a church group showed up later in the morning
that is so cool about your new friend man! sounds like a fun dude for sure
ive been super interested in mycology for a while but havent had much luck lately
did you take that for a spin too or are you waiting for a special occasion
i wonder if there is anything that could cross over between the way he grows and the way we do it?
if nothing else it still sounds super interesting and i bet it was fun to hear what he had to say
kick ass man, it sounds ike you had a great time easter weekend fiddy
hope your week is off to a great start and it just gets better my man

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
'Twas a great weekend for sure brother. Sunday was by far the nicest weather of the new year and the nicest we've seen since like last October. I did go out riding with a couple friends on Sunday and we covered a lot of ground. A lot of the normal "watering holes" we usually stop at were closed because of the Holliday but the one that was open gave us a nice place to stop and have a beer. Before the ride I was able to visit with a few relatives that had gathered for Easter and to see my mom who just got back from a couple weeks in California. By the time we got done with riding there was no time for disc golf, which was the only bummer.
I'm glad you enjoyed your sunrise hike. I'm not usually up that early but when I am ill sometimes catch the sunrise over Lake Michigan. Did you guys take a picnic breakfast with you?
For sure it was great to meet up with the mushy growing dude. He knew a lot about growing weed and I think he's grown in the past but is in an apartment now and dosent have the space or privacy. We also talked about making extracts, which is a passion of his. It dosent sound like growing mushrooms is anything like growing weed but I'm sure that things like keeping the environment ideal are just as important in both. I'm very interested in trying it out but just too busy right now to add anything to my plate. Maybe in the fall when things slow down.
I'm glad you had a good weekend and I hope your week is off to a great start!

Edit: I didn't take any shrooms on Saturday because the band was on by the time we got them and they would have just started kicking in during the second set and peaking when the band would have been over so that would have been a bummer. The few people I talked to that took some said they were really powerful so looking forward to sampling them soon.

Fiddynut

Fiddynuts, the ribs turned out great. Chop went well. Everything was really easy to trim. No leafy buds in sight. I am quite happy with this round. I am vegging 2 clones of the best 2. So 4 plants next round.

Shroom connects are a good thing. I am getting ready for another trip. Soon, its been way too long.

I'm glad that the ribs and harvest were good to you. One of the things I like about growing clones of seed plants is that they are far less leafy that the seed plants themselves and much easer to trim. Glad your happy with this round and I hope the next one is even better!
For sure shroom contacts are a good thing, I'm ready for another trip soon too! It's been since New Year's Eve for me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening fellas!

glad to hear you had a good holiday weekend fiddy
i bet it felt good to get on the bike and enjoy the ride brother!
it was weird about this sunday being easter and a lot of places being closed but you just kind of roll with it
thats cool your mom was able to come out west, where did she visit?
the mrs brought a decanter of coffee with her but i dident have any
we thought about packing a snack but figured we might not be alone and would just enjoy the hike and then go hoem for breakfast
she ended up making soy'rizzo for breakfast; its like chorizzo but its made out of soy but man the stuff tastes good
mis it with some peppers and onion and egg and its jsut like the real thing but way less fatty
its always fun to meet others who share the passion for growing
i dident think herb would have a lot in common with the mushrms; maybe the cleanliness aspect is simular but hey, one is a plant and the other a fungus
i may have to reach out to some friends here and see about whos who
its been way to long and i could use a nice vacation
kick ass brother and i hope you are having a great week

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
I have grown mushrooms for food and entertainment. If you have a pressure cooker to sterilize with its pretty easy to do small scale in mason jars. We made a sterile box of plexiglass with arm holes on the sides to work in and sprayed everything with bleach water incessantly
to fight the blue mold. Finally ran several times with good success. Still have some actually from 10 years ago put up with a seal a meal.
Start out with a kit for a quick start.:tiphat::tiphat:

Fiddynut

happening fellas!

glad to hear you had a good holiday weekend fiddy
i bet it felt good to get on the bike and enjoy the ride brother!
it was weird about this sunday being easter and a lot of places being closed but you just kind of roll with it
thats cool your mom was able to come out west, where did she visit?
the mrs brought a decanter of coffee with her but i dident have any
we thought about packing a snack but figured we might not be alone and would just enjoy the hike and then go hoem for breakfast
she ended up making soy'rizzo for breakfast; its like chorizzo but its made out of soy but man the stuff tastes good
mis it with some peppers and onion and egg and its jsut like the real thing but way less fatty
its always fun to meet others who share the passion for growing
i dident think herb would have a lot in common with the mushrms; maybe the cleanliness aspect is simular but hey, one is a plant and the other a fungus
i may have to reach out to some friends here and see about whos who
its been way to long and i could use a nice vacation
kick ass brother and i hope you are having a great week

It felt great to ride on Sunday brother. I test ride bikes all year long at work but it's so diffrent than riding your own bike for enjoyment. When you finally get to take a ride for you it's really refreshing and clenses the mind. Speaking of riding I need to figure out what's going on with my mountain bike. I dropped it off over 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I have Monday off and if I haven't heard from them yet I'm probably going to just go in and pick it up and do the work myself. At this point if they haven't bothered to get to it I'll be in danger of not having it when the trails open unless I take matters into my own hands.
I still have a step sister in Oakland so my mom was visiting her and they did little day trips all over NorCal. They did San Fran, Marin, and a Napa valley wine tour amongst other things.
It sounds like you had a great hike and a wonderful breakfast too. I've not had that soy'rizzo. I bet it's good as I love the flavor profile of chorizo sausage. There is nothing like sausage onions peppers (and for me potatoes because I'm not into eggs) usually called a breakfast skillet in these parts. I've been known to eat so much of that for breakfast that I'm full for the rest of the day.
It was defenatly good to talk growing with that dude and I'm looking forward to learning first hand someday.

Fiddynut

Hello Tribe
I have grown mushrooms for food and entertainment. If you have a pressure cooker to sterilize with its pretty easy to do small scale in mason jars. We made a sterile box of plexiglass with arm holes on the sides to work in and sprayed everything with bleach water incessantly
to fight the blue mold. Finally ran several times with good success. Still have some actually from 10 years ago put up with a seal a meal.
Start out with a kit for a quick start.:tiphat::tiphat:

I will defenatly give it a go sometime. I like science projects and this will be a fun one. But I'm going to wait until after summer is over because I'm so busy with everything else, I don't want to half ass it. From my research I've seen that they sell pre sealed bags of sterile substrate and spores in syringes these days so if you are super lazy you don't even have to get the pressure cooker out. But I will probably make a clean box like you describe and do it the way you describe. Thanks for the encouragement brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
that is weird that they have had your bike for so long
i think 5w is way too long for any repair, even if they had to order parts
but you can spin this to your favor
i would try calling first and letting them know you ahve been patiently waiting for over a month and are super excited about getting on your ride
maybe it fell through the cracks in which case a good shop would move it to the front of the line asap or at least make sure you have your bike by the next day
if they are dragging their feet and dont have anything to say for their taking way too long, then yeah i would pick up your bike and just tell them you are goign to do the work yourself
it might be burning a bridge, but if they take that long to do a regular tune up they arent a good shop and arent taking care of their customers
/you now what im talking about brother
yeah ive hear you can get spores mailed because the spores dont actually contain any of the good stuff
a friend of the mrs from her college years use to grow the blue meanies and boy were they good
if its cool maybe you could add that to your updates,im very interested in this and would love to learn how to grow my own
/thats why were all here
hope you are having a great week fiddy, what are your plans for the weeeknd?

Rodehazrd

For spores check out Premium Spores dot Com they are reliable and have what you need. Its not as hard as making cheese. :smoke:
B+ is an easy one to start on.

Last edited:

Fiddynut

that is weird that they have had your bike for so long
i think 5w is way too long for any repair, even if they had to order parts
but you can spin this to your favor
i would try calling first and letting them know you ahve been patiently waiting for over a month and are super excited about getting on your ride
maybe it fell through the cracks in which case a good shop would move it to the front of the line asap or at least make sure you have your bike by the next day
if they are dragging their feet and dont have anything to say for their taking way too long, then yeah i would pick up your bike and just tell them you are goign to do the work yourself
it might be burning a bridge, but if they take that long to do a regular tune up they arent a good shop and arent taking care of their customers
/you now what im talking about brother
yeah ive hear you can get spores mailed because the spores dont actually contain any of the good stuff
a friend of the mrs from her college years use to grow the blue meanies and boy were they good
if its cool maybe you could add that to your updates,im very interested in this and would love to learn how to grow my own
/thats why were all here
hope you are having a great week fiddy, what are your plans for the weeeknd?

A long time for sure brother. They told me it would be a bit but I didn't expect this. They had all the parts in stock when I dropped them off they pulled the parts and put them with the bike. I want to go in person so that I can get a feel for how much work is being done. If everyone is standing around and bikes are backing up I don't want them working on it. I've worked in service departments for 20 years and I know that nothing good comes when units sit around too long. For all I know thay sold my bike to someone. If they are badly organized I'd rather do the work myself, but I'll give the chance to convince me otherwise and won't be a dick about it. Plenty of other shops but I should just learn to do it myself if I want it done right.
Yes spores are available online and there are plenty of choices. For sure I'll keep you updated on what I learn and my experiences.
Not sure what's going on this weekend. The weather people are making a big deal about this supposed snow storm we are going to get on Saturday. Some are saying we could get like 8" of snow. That will put a damper on any outdoor activities. I'm not convinced that we will see any snow myself. I guess we will find out. I just scored tickets for the Claypool Lennon Delirium on Monday night down in central Illinois. If you guys like old school psychedelic rock these guys are the shit. It's Les Claypool (primus) and Shawn Lennon (John's son) and they play some really funky music. I'm stoked and can't wait for that show.

Fiddynut

For spores check out Premium Spores dot Com they are reliable and have what you need. Its not as hard as making cheese. :smoke:
B+ is an easy one to start on.

Thanks again for the encouragement, advise, and for the link. I'm looking forward to giving this a shot! I'm sure I can do it.

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.

Just a quick update and some pics of the LBL crosses that are finishing in the next couple weeks. They are back under t5's after the first 8 weeks of flower under HPS. The really purple one is about done and will probably get the chop this weekend. The others might need a week or two.

Rodehazrd

Those some impressive buds Fiddy
Do you always finish under the t5? I read about some of the growers going to MH or CMH for last weeks of flower. Looks like you got those dialed in pretty good. Are those in Happy Frog with PBP nutes?

packerfan79

Veteran
A long time for sure brother. They told me it would be a bit but I didn't expect this. They had all the parts in stock when I dropped them off they pulled the parts and put them with the bike. I want to go in person so that I can get a feel for how much work is being done. If everyone is standing around and bikes are backing up I don't want them working on it. I've worked in service departments for 20 years and I know that nothing good comes when units sit around too long. For all I know thay sold my bike to someone. If they are badly organized I'd rather do the work myself, but I'll give the chance to convince me otherwise and won't be a dick about it. Plenty of other shops but I should just learn to do it myself if I want it done right.
Yes spores are available online and there are plenty of choices. For sure I'll keep you updated on what I learn and my experiences.
Not sure what's going on this weekend. The weather people are making a big deal about this supposed snow storm we are going to get on Saturday. Some are saying we could get like 8" of snow. That will put a damper on any outdoor activities. I'm not convinced that we will see any snow myself. I guess we will find out. I just scored tickets for the Claypool Lennon Delirium on Monday night down in central Illinois. If you guys like old school psychedelic rock these guys are the shit. It's Les Claypool (primus) and Shawn Lennon (John's son) and they play some really funky music. I'm stoked and can't wait for that show.
Hey Fiddynuts,
I am a huge Primus fan
That sounds like an epic show. That would be a great show to trip at. If you can get albino penis envy spores they grow massive shrooms like an 8th per cap and stem. And they are really potent. I have had a few other strains, none were as potent.

Bummer about the bike shop lagging. I hope they get on the ball and get it handled quickly. I had a guy do my brakes, rotors, and tie rods. A day later my brakes are making a God awful squeaking noise. I took it back, he tried a couple things and tells me to try the wheel bearings next. I was fed up, tore it apart after work the next day, it was a stupid tab on the dustshield rubbing on the back of the rotor.

The gorilla girl is looking nice. I should be taste testing my latest harvest next week.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
was lurking and scrolling through seen primus and penis envy. primus is awesome and i got rocked on pe's before damn those things are powerful. im a frequent flyer. lennon claypool is good stuff to

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i hear you about wanting the job done right and its hard to find a shop you can work with sometimes
thats a good point about showing up yourself, that way you can get eyes on whats happening around the place
those plans look awesome man and i bet they smell great
is this soething new finishing under adifferewnt light?
how do you think that went
be sure to keep us updated on your other adventures, sounds like the boys all have some experience in this area
i hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your show
that sounds like a fun night of good music

my man smooth!
stick around brother, this is a good group of guys and im sure you will fit right in
lots of fun and we learna lot from eachother

Fiddynut

Those some impressive buds Fiddy
Do you always finish under the t5? I read about some of the growers going to MH or CMH for last weeks of flower. Looks like you got those dialed in pretty good. Are those in Happy Frog with PBP nutes?

Thank you brother. These are the same plants that I was picking balls off of in weeks 3 and 4. I'm glad I stuck with them and stayed the course. Credit to the breeder and strain for any success.
I have never finished my plants under anything but HPS before. I have also read about switching to MH for last coup,e weeks of flower and was interested in that so I'm trying it with the blue spectrum t5's. I'm sure that less light is not ideal but I also needed to get my next run in the flower tent so I had to figure something out.
These are in 50/50 ocean forest/roots original soil mix with the 6/5/3 Rock powders and a bit of perlite.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddynuts,
I am a huge Primus fan
That sounds like an epic show. That would be a great show to trip at. If you can get albino penis envy spores they grow massive shrooms like an 8th per cap and stem. And they are really potent. I have had a few other strains, none were as potent.

Bummer about the bike shop lagging. I hope they get on the ball and get it handled quickly. I had a guy do my brakes, rotors, and tie rods. A day later my brakes are making a God awful squeaking noise. I took it back, he tried a couple things and tells me to try the wheel bearings next. I was fed up, tore it apart after work the next day, it was a stupid tab on the dustshield rubbing on the back of the rotor.

The gorilla girl is looking nice. I should be taste testing my latest harvest next week.

I think your right that the show will be a great place to take the mushys I scored last weekend. We have a few hour ride home afterwords and have to work the next day so I'll have to get the timing right but I'm going to make it happen.
That was a great catch on the dust shield rubbing. Usually a squeak is something rubbing especially if it's a metallic one. Wheel bearings are usually grinding sound. I'm hearing more and more horror stories about the work being done at shops and stealerships lately and I don't think I can trust anyone to work on my cars, bikes ect except myself.