What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys,

Party was great. Ate a couple grams of shrooms. Took way to many shots , and played for it Sunday. I had a great time, got my mom and sister in law shitfaced. It was a great night.

Damn Pop Rocks
You scored 2 bongs that's awesome. Buds too, and seeds. You are on a roll. Congratulations on the contest.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far I got 13 seedlings going 1 runt has staled out just above the surface of the soil, I don't think it's going to be making a comeback but I will give it a shot for a couple more days.

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
I hope this finds all well. We just returned from the other side of the Mountains. Felt like riding for a spell so we followed the old wilderness trail over to the shenandoah river in western Virginia. Beautiful rolling hills and valleys with rich bottom lands which run for miles.
Poprocks nice score there. What was the contest? I liked all the Barneys I ever ran. Pineapple chunk, cookies kush and Liberty Haze. Haze was special.
As you would think the tubs need water depending on the stage of growth. Two 24" girls just starting to stretch will easily go 7-10 days without more water. Later when they are using less water I have gone two weeks easily without getting dry.
Badfishey must be working his ass off again. He's bad to do that.
Hope you are well brother.
Well Fiddy our horse came in again. He's so light on his feet the mud just is not a factor. He bruised his back heel in the Derby but seems to be recovered. We will see in two weeks just how great he is. He's running his third race in May and will be up against some who haven't ran even one. That's what makes the Triple Crown so hard to win. If he wins we may never see him again as he will be in the breeding shed every day. He's a corporate horse owned by a group. His racing rights and breeding rights were sold separate so the racing owners won't enjoy the stud fees.
You ever find the SRP and gypsum? I have seen some calling the SRP calphos but I always thought that had been treated with an enzyme to break out the P.
I think there's more than P in there like micro's when you get the raw SRP from Florida.
Peace

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"Party was great. Ate a couple grams of shrooms. Took way to many shots , and played for it Sunday. I had a great time, got my mom and sister in law shitfaced. It was a great night."
sounds like you left a trail of destruction in your wake, my man!
i am sure everyone had a great time and enjoyed the big day
we have memorial day coming up so it about to be on all over again

i am excited to run these seeds rode, barneys farm is solid in my book
i wouldent mind hearing more about any of those strains you ran, esp the pineapple chunk
did you grow them in a similar set up to what you have now?

Rodehazrd

"Party was great. Ate a couple grams of shrooms. Took way to many shots , and played for it Sunday. I had a great time, got my mom and sister in law shitfaced. It was a great night."
sounds like you left a trail of destruction in your wake, my man!
i am sure everyone had a great time and enjoyed the big day
we have memorial day coming up so it about to be on all over again

i am excited to run these seeds rode, barneys farm is solid in my book
i wouldent mind hearing more about any of those strains you ran, esp the pineapple chunk
did you grow them in a similar set up to what you have now?
Yeah pops I got them as freebies from attitude and ran in my regular muck soil with a fuckton of lime SRP and gypsum the chunk was a fem and did well on the fish I add all season. I never hit her hard with anything else to see where the limit was but she was easy to keep green. All my Barney seeds sprouted and gave a good plant. I would like the Liberty Haze back again. I need a High tunnel to keep all the mothers I want. :tiphat:

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@pop_rocks. I'm looking forward to seeing how those beans do for you as well. I'll be rooting for great things for you from them. The project Panama looks good as do the others, maybe you will meet them again and can talk growing sometime.
So is fish and chips fried fish? The only kind of fish I eat is the fried kind where I can't taste the fish but only the batter. Glad you like the squid and it's good, sounds really reasonable too. I haven't had firehouse but I've heard the sandwiches are solid.
I ended up with 141K + steps last week, not bad but as the weather cooperates more I should be able to pack in a bunch more. I'm down allmost 50 pounds and just about to my goal. I feel great and wonder why I ever let myself go in the first place. Hope it stays dry and I can get back on the bike, but the trails have been too soggy.
I'm really looking forward to a long Holliday weekend coming up here. I have a whole brisket to BBQ, it's been too long since I cooked one.

@Packerfan. Glad the celebration went well and everyone had a great time!

@Rodehazrd. That sounds like some beautiful country you speak of. I'm glad you have time to enjoy it.
Sounds like that horse is on fire. Such big money in race horses these days I'm not surprised that he won't be racing anymore. I guess it could be worse than banging lady horses for a living.
I've be n slacking but I will try to find the minerals for my soil soon. I just took clones and they should root within a week or so and I'll be ready to mineralize the soil and give it a try. Thanks for helping me stay motivated.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the good wishes friends, im looking forward to seeing how these plans turn out
i tihnk i might just take cuts off the plants im growing outside for consistency
it would be fun to see how the same genetics grow indoor/ outdoor
i will be calling my friend to check that he has the seeds sprouting and to make sure he has everythign he needs
i will keep you guys posted on this as the season progresses
the fancy fish offers the fish in a few ways but yeah i got the fried fish
the menu is fun, first you choose your protien, they have a bunch of fish, plus chicken and meatless choices as well
then you choose how they cook it, (steamed, frilled etc)the real fun looks like its the sauces they have to choose from
the fish and chip dident really come with the fancy saute sauce but the guy was cool and hooked us up
we just got like hanbenero something, kind of like a spicy cocktail sauce for the calimari and i got the tarter sauce for the fish and chips
i especially liked the breading they used, it was really light but crispy and has a lot of flavor in it,(the closest i could compare to is almost like a popeyes chicken kind of spicy breading)
fiddy, you are killing it my man!
that is super that you are taking that many steps a week!
i have never gotten close to 150k steps for a week and i cant tell you how good i think you are doing! we are going to have to step it up and see what we can do one of these weeks, but you keep blazing that trail!
dude, 50lbs is amazing and i hope you are proud of what you were able to accomplish!
i know you have been working hard on your diet and exercise, but that is really good!
keep making it happen brother!

thanks for the info on the barneys farm gear
i like a good haze, what made this one stand out to you?
that would be rad to have a space big enough to keep all the mothers you wanted, could even be a business idea in the making one of these days!
a genetic bank would be awesome

Fiddynut

thanks for the good wishes friends, im looking forward to seeing how these plans turn out
i tihnk i might just take cuts off the plants im growing outside for consistency
it would be fun to see how the same genetics grow indoor/ outdoor
i will be calling my friend to check that he has the seeds sprouting and to make sure he has everythign he needs
i will keep you guys posted on this as the season progresses
the fancy fish offers the fish in a few ways but yeah i got the fried fish
the menu is fun, first you choose your protien, they have a bunch of fish, plus chicken and meatless choices as well
then you choose how they cook it, (steamed, frilled etc)the real fun looks like its the sauces they have to choose from
the fish and chip dident really come with the fancy saute sauce but the guy was cool and hooked us up
we just got like hanbenero something, kind of like a spicy cocktail sauce for the calimari and i got the tarter sauce for the fish and chips
i especially liked the breading they used, it was really light but crispy and has a lot of flavor in it,(the closest i could compare to is almost like a popeyes chicken kind of spicy breading)
fiddy, you are killing it my man!
that is super that you are taking that many steps a week!
i have never gotten close to 150k steps for a week and i cant tell you how good i think you are doing! we are going to have to step it up and see what we can do one of these weeks, but you keep blazing that trail!
dude, 50lbs is amazing and i hope you are proud of what you were able to accomplish!
i know you have been working hard on your diet and exercise, but that is really good!
keep making it happen brother!

thanks for the info on the barneys farm gear
i like a good haze, what made this one stand out to you?
that would be rad to have a space big enough to keep all the mothers you wanted, could even be a business idea in the making one of these days!
a genetic bank would be awesome

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yes for sure those look like great genetics. Doing an indoor outdoor comparison on clones would be great fun, I'd love to see that sometime.
The fancy fish sounds like they have a good thing going. What a great idea to offer everything cooked however you like and with diffrent sauces. The breading sounds great, I love some flavorful breading. Around here beer batter is standard on fried fish, and so delicious!
Thanks for the encouragement and kind words about my fitness brother. I really didn't think that I'd be able to do this but so glad I have. Now I just have to keep the lifestyle going. I've been eating more tha last few weeks to avoid wasting away but I find that I've had to mentally force myself to eat more. Something else I've noticed is that I'm eating the same healthy foods that I've eaten to get myself here but more of them. I just don't crave the fast food anymore and the couple times I've eaten it I've not been satisfied. Sticking with high quality meats, veggies and good balance should be the way forward.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.

I'm way overdue on an update so here goes.

The red eye Jedi and GSC plants in flower are budding up well. The leaves are a bit pale looking but maybe they just want to fade a little early. I've been feeding around 1000 ppm and have been hesitant to go any higher. Here are a couple shots of them. My old phone camera sucks but untill it brakes I'm way too cheep to upgrade it.

I took cuts of the granola funk plants for the next flower run late last week. No roots yet but I'm hoping to see some soon. If they root quickly it should be just in time to have these plants ready to flower as soon as the red eye jedis are done and there is space in the flower tent.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey thats what friends do,my man!
i ahve enjoyed our chats and am happy that i can be of help
but in the end its all you bruh, you are the one putting in the work and making the sacrifices
plus i am in the same boat and work my ass off to stay in shape
/the next move is to get my diet together and do something about my drinking
i hear you about not craving fast food as much, and wanting to eat better quality, even on fun days
keep it up my man, we are all here cheering for you f'nut!
the plant looks nice and frosty for early/mid flower
you grew this out before? how consistent is the strain?
1000ppm is a good heavy number and i wouldent really want to push her that much more
sounds like you have got this cloning thing down and im glad your timing is almost in sync with your flower cycles

packerfan79

Veteran
Looking good Fiddynuts, yeah 1000 ppms is pretty strong. I pushed it to 1350 i n soil and got serious leaf burn. They sure do look nice. I hope I get a female of the granola funk. So I think this shows your issues were mostly due to under feeding. Congrats on the weight loss, it's no easy feat. I have put on a few pounds lately too much bbq, and brews. Time to get back to losing.

Fiddynut

Happy Thursday guys.
The week is almost in the books and I'm looking forward to a couple of days off. I just have to get through tomorrow and a short day on Saturday and I'll be in the clear.

@pop_rocks. The best part of this health kick is I haven't even felt like I'm making many sacrifices, just diffrent decisions, meal planing, and the workouts that make me feel great. I told myself early on that I didn't have a chance of success if I got to feeling that I depriving myself. That includes having a couple cocktails after work most nights, they help me relax after a long day. I have plenty of drinks on the weekends too, in fact I'd say that I drink just about as much as I did before the diet, I just drink vodka and water now instead of juice or beer. Like you said I don't even want the crappy fast food even on days where I'm not worried about calories, it just dosent taste good now that I'm eating better quality food.
The red eye Jedi are a new strain for me. I'll be growing them just the one time since I didn't take any cuts of them. The granola funk I do plan on keeping cuts around and maybe running them a couple times just in case I find something good. I think I'll cut the feed back a little bit going forward. I hope I've got the flower cycles synced up and I didn't take the cuts too early, I have no idea when the red eye Jedi will finish so I'm just guessing. We should know in a few weeks.

@Packerfan. To be honest I'm still not sure why I have had such issues with the granola funk plants. Maybe they are super picky feeders. The worst part is that I'm starting to not care as much and I tell myself that as long as I'm getting as good of buds as I'm getting than that's good enough. Since I just need buds for personal consumption I really don't need to be a good grower, just good enough to get what I have been. I use to want to be a great grower, but I'm not and doubt I will be.
I hope you get all females of the granola funk!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats a big part of maintaining a fitness program,it has to be soemthing yuo can work everyday
that is great that you are making better choices and eating better,good health dosent mean you are depriving yourself
its all about the choices we make, brother and i know what you mean about not wanting the fast food like i used to
luckily, there are better options for fast casual, like the mom and pop places or some of the mexican joints around town
im wiht you fiddy, vodka is my weakness as well
i seem to be in a heavy drinking mode lately and want to change that up
hope you find a keeper in your granola funk brother, about how many plats are you growing out each cycle?
i know what you mean about not wanting to be the "best" grower, but we all want to grow nice healthy plants with a lot of effort
i cant believe how far you have come buddy, from our first chats online
keep up the great work
you are kicking some serious ass!

Fiddynut

thats a big part of maintaining a fitness program,it has to be soemthing yuo can work everyday
that is great that you are making better choices and eating better,good health dosent mean you are depriving yourself
its all about the choices we make, brother and i know what you mean about not wanting the fast food like i used to
luckily, there are better options for fast casual, like the mom and pop places or some of the mexican joints around town
im wiht you fiddy, vodka is my weakness as well
i seem to be in a heavy drinking mode lately and want to change that up
hope you find a keeper in your granola funk brother, about how many plats are you growing out each cycle?
i know what you mean about not wanting to be the "best" grower, but we all want to grow nice healthy plants with a lot of effort
i cant believe how far you have come buddy, from our first chats online
keep up the great work
you are kicking some serious ass!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
You are right a lifestyle change needs to be something that you can maintain for the long haul. I've seen so many diets fail because they were impossible to stick with and as soon as people stopped following them they were right back to where they were before starting. And depriving your self is never a long term strategy for success. I wish there was more options for a relatively healthy fast casual food here but that hasn't caught on here yet. I don't actually mind doing the cooking, just takes planning and I have to make time for it.

I defenatly drink less than I did years ago. For me it wasn't even a conscious decision, as I got busier with growing and work (and now working out and mountan biking) it just seemed to happen. Also growing all the buds I can smoke has probably helped me drink a bit less. I seem to get maximum relaxation out a a couple cocktails and smoking a few bowls. My best advise is to stay busy and you'll have less time to drink. I'm sure you will be able to change it up you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. Let me know if I can help.

I'm hoping for good things from the GF girls too. I can flower a max of 4 at once so it will take 2 runs to get through the 5 of them. I thought I had 6/6 girls but I found balls on one when I was taking cuts so I'm down to 5.

For these couple years I think I be been taking the growing too seriously, agonizing over every little thing. I just want to grow some great pot and grow nice plants, like you said, without too much effort. This realization has helped me relax and strat to enjoy the plants more again. it's been a great journey over the last couple years and you've been there every step of the way. Big thanks brother!

I got a really nice mountain bike ride in this morning before work. Hopefully the rain will stay away and I'll be able to do more of that this weekend. After such a cold rainy spring it's like someone flipped a switch and it's forecasted to be in the 90's here this weekend. I guess I got to hit the trails early before it gets hot.

I hope your weekend kicks ass...Fiddy.

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy
Glad you're still getting healthy with the fitbit and diet. The changing taste for crappy food is a good sign. Changing a longtime trend is slow and tedious but you seem to have the right track.

Bourbon and branch water is a good low cal drink with some flavor built in. No sugar needed.

I think being a good grower is a high level to be at. So many growers are too proud of themselves and after you know it all you can't learn much. I see your plants often and they mostly look stellar. You're just looking honestly at your efforts and seeing room for improvement. Thats the sign of great grower. Hang in there brother and add more LIME.

PS I got seven Oaxacan's out of the ground so far of the twelve he sent.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
nmorning fiddy!
hope your weekend is starting off on the right foot
i like going out to eat, i do a lot of the cooking and sometimes its nice to have something you dident have to prepare yourself
but i hear you about making better choices and learning a new way of eatting and portion control
thanks for the encouragement about the drinking, i think a few drinks can be a good way to relax but there comes a point where too much is not enough
i enjoy drinking and havent ever had alcohol related problems but i dont want it to be something that gets the better of me
so speaking of good growers, i was able to reach out to the person who gave me those samples and i am pretty sure i have an invite to go visit his garden soon
i was visiting wiht another friend who knew the guy and he said the dude was interested in hearing what i thought about his gear
i gave him some feedback and i even prepared a few sample packs of my own as a friendly gesture
it turns out this cat is a real head and him and his wife are all right
i will be sure to keep you guys updated and if i do end up visiting their garden i will be sure and post about it here (hopefully he wont mind me taking a few pics too)
also, my buddy has the seeds i gave him in a wet paper towel and it looks good
thats rad that you were able to get out for a bike ride
how is the fat bike rolling? do you have it adjusted to your liking yet?
how far do you have the dropper post set? i hope you guys have a great weekend too and the niec weather is here to stay for you
it was kind of rainy late last night, but its supposed to be up into the high 70's here on the coast by the end of the weekend
it got really sunny on friday afternoon and tasted almost just like summer
i am ready for the nice weather
have a great day my man!

Fiddynut

Happy Sunday gentleman.

Wow its hot, 89 degrees and not even 11 o'clock yet! Glad I got out for a nice loop on the bike trail at 7 am when it was much cooler. I've got part of the lawn cut and I needed a break from the heat and come inside and cool off. I guess I asked for summer and here it is. I want to get a game to two of disc in today and will have to take measures to stay hydrated.

@Rodehazrd. You are right, changing habits, especially old habits is a slow and tedious project. Let's hope I can stay with it. I feel great compared to even just a couple months ago and that helps motivate me to keep it up.
I still have to get a nice bottle of bourbon, in fact that would be a great for the Holliday tomorrow. An all American drink for sure.
Thank you for the kind words but I think any success I've had is due to luck, good advise, and great genetics. I'm the week link in my garden for sure, but I do learn more every time and sometimes don't make the same mistakes of over and over.
I'm glad your Oaxacan's are coming up,and I hope you see 5 more soon.
PS I found the soft rock phosphate and the gypsum but I am having a hard time with the limestone or CaCo3. I got some other lime but I'm not sure it's right so I'm going to research it before mixing and amending.

@pop_rocks. The weekend is going great so far brother. I hope yours is as well. We are having good weather for outdoor activities (if you can stand some heat) so I'm trying to make the most of it.
You are right to be weary of too much drinking. I'm sure we all know people who drinking too much got the best of and lives ruined and all that comes with that. It's a powerful substance that should be respected.
That's great that you are going to get together with the peeps that grew that bday weed for you. I'm sure it will be really interisting to see how they do things. They are probably going to be curious about your methods too. Maybe y'all could trade some genetics. Sounds like a great time, it's always nice to meet cool people with things in common. Giving someone good feedback on their bud is a great thing. I use to give a lot more samples at work but these guys are too lazy to give me a smoke report so I don't bother as much now.
The bike is feeling great and I'm getting nice and comfortable on it. I have to move the shifter in a bit but after 2 rides in the last 3 days I'm feeling good. I love the traction from the 3.5's. The gearing has been easy to get use to, and seems to be just right for where I'm riding. I haven't really used the dropper yet but I run my post pretty high.
I hope your getting a nice taste of summer weather and the rain stays away. Burn that fog off and get a look at that beautiful blue sky.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Hope everyone is having a good a great holiday weekend. We are taking it easy this weekend, no drinking for me, lol. I drank enough for a while last weekend. We are going to the county fair, going to see Blue Oyster Cult so that should be cool.

Seedlings are progressing, I forget how slow seedlings grow compared to clones. I am going to pop the next round a couple weeks after the current goes into flower

Rodehazrd

Wow Blue Oyster Cult I remember them from the 70's I imagine its all new faces not the originals with a guitar on a walking frame.
I'm loving popping seeds too. I just noticed the last of my Oaxacan sprouted I got 12 for 12 starts. I hope I can bring them in this fall. My intention is to hit a Bangi Haze girl with one of the Oaxacan males If I get them all that far. I started the BH 4 weeks ago to get a head start for the females. The Bangi are on 24 hr CFLs and the Oaxacan on regular outdoor schedule. I think I can put the Bangi out on June 15 without early flowering as the days will be 14.5 hrs long by then. In the past I went from 24 to 18 to outdoor in may and had issues flowering and then stopping and starting again.

I had poor germ rates on my goji but the elfinstone and the oaxacan came up just fine. Must have been my error on the Goji not Bodhi.

Last edited:

Fiddynut

Happy Tuesday tribe.

I hope everyone had a great Holliday weekend! I had a great balance of work and play which has me feeling really good about last weekend. Time to kick some ass this week and get ready for the superbike races at Road America this weekend. I've been going to superbike since the 90's and, while it isn't what it use to be with the talent and crowds, it's still a great time for a bike nut like me.

@Packerfan. How was the concert brother? Do you 'fear the reaper' LOL. I hope you had a great time.
I know what you mean about how slow seedlings can be. Every time I pop some it seems like 2-3 weeks of watching paint dry. It's cool to see them take off when they get some solar panels though!

@Rodehazrd. That's great news about the oaxacan's! I hope you get some winners, and a good stud for your project. I'm going to get going on some autos outdoor at my friends house in a couple weeks. She really enjoyed growing them last year and wants to do more this year.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
do you harden your plants off by gradually introducing them to the sun light or just let them loose, rode?
i have a few cuts that im going to take over to a friends house to grow out for me and am wondering if i should harden them off myself or let him take care of it for me?
that sounds like a kick ass cross of two heady smokes!
oaxacan can be really kick ass, how do you go about selecting your males?

hope you had a great holiday p'fan
how are you liking the new house, my man? hope the wife and kids are happy and adjusting to the new place
i used to love boc growing up and will look for them when the fair comes to del mar
yeah man, growing from seeds is an exercise in patience, but i guess thats the cost of sprouting something new

how was your holiday f'nut?
i cant believe how fast the three days went by!
the new bike sounds rad and i am glad you are happy with the ride, fiddy
shifter position, gearing etc are all part of dialing in a new ride
that is great that you like how she rides, it looks like a nice bike
if you are running your seat kind of high as a default, i would set your dropper seat way low
like slam that thing down , so its out of your way when you are downhilling or hitting a jump
that is great that the weather is starting to get nice, but you are right that the sun is not all fun
i am looking forward to seeing where things goes with the new cat
that would be great if we could trade cuts or something like that, but for now its nice having a new friend who grows

hope everyone is having a great short week, tomorrow is wed an i am ready for the weekend!