What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mount Zion 2017

MountZionCollec

current plan

Sleestack*skunk #1: will end up with about 45 females
Schnaz #4: ~45 females
hindu Kush* pot of Gold germinating 100 fem seeds, expecting 90 females
White Rhino*skunk #1: popping 10 seeds, expecting 4 females
Haze #5*Hazeskunk: popping 36 seeds, expecting 15 females
Haze*Mexican****Haze*skunk: 18 seeds, expecting 7 Females

Ancestral Skunk: i think it said 100 seeds were in a batch? but they were not expensive so not sure what to expect on germination rate im just going to plan for a 50% germ rate. popping 80 seeds, expecting 20 females.

Harle tsu: 5 plants, 2 females.

Schnaz and sleeskunk will be spaced at 5' spacing in rows that are spaced 6'. They will also fill up the old hoophouse area which is 1000 square feet. the rows in there have 5' spacing between rows. the hoophouse I will plant the less vigorous of both types, I will replace the sexed males with the Haze 5 and the Haze Mexican. Ill also fill them in with the White Rhino.

in the flat garden I will put the Hindu kush*pot of gold and the ancestral skunk.

I will fill in any spaces with cuttings.

I will end up having about 220 females from seed, and however many cuttings i need to fill in.

MountZionCollec

While poly carbonate has great r value, as a roof glazing it can also hold a lot of humidity, may want to double check your exhaust need or venting needs to keep humidities down especially when light deping.

What type of material is better for humidity?

Right now im leaning on the Growspan Premium Kit that is 12' by 16'. 8 mil thick polycarbonate.

I need something I can regulate the temps in. Im not as worried about humdity honestly, i WOULD be very worried about the humidity if I was going to be light depping for flowers. I will only be using the black outs to prevent the lights in the greenhouse from shining on the night sky. I will only be keeping mothers and cuttings in the greenhouse. If the humidity is high thats ok. Whats the worst that could happen? If they get mold/pm then itll help me choose which mothers i dont want to keep.

Limeygreen

Veteran
That should not be as bad, you could get drips from condensation, having a gothic peak would help also a couple drip channels to collect the condensation and to a drain. Double poly hols slightly less humidity but then you need anti condensation plastic for the glazing, fans for inflations which cost more. Check with the poly carbonate supplier that you are looking at if there is anti condensation in the polycarbonate, you can also buy a product that is called anti condensate in Canada at least, you spray it on when the crop is out, let it dry and then it will be fine (used in food crop houses so I do know it is safe if you follow directions).

The biggest time for condensation collection is when it is colder outside or you have clear skies with radiant emittance, crop will be warm but poly will be cold and dew point will be the cause of condensation, if you have decent airflow, drip channels you should be good.

MountZionCollec

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/16mm-polycarbonate-clear/polycarbonate-panels

So instead of buying a kit and getting the structure permitted by the county I'm going to build a 10'x12' structure and will keep it just under 120 square feet.

I will be getting the 16mm wall polycarbonate clear wall from greenhouse megastore which has anti condensation coating on this model.

The whole structure will cost ~$3000 for structure and polycarbonate.

MountZionCollec

Above are the Schnazzleberry #4 from Chimera, The Dom*Blockhead.

Sleestack*skunk#1, sleekskunk/the resinator from Sam the Skunkman.

These two strains will be the first to get transplanted into the yard. The largest plants will go in first. I will try to group the strains together so I can better discern the best mothers when that time comes.

Half the hillside will be given to each strain. THats the premier setup on my property and that is how I will do it when I expand in the future. I will space them at 5.5 Feet, which will fit about 110 plants.

I currently have 25 plants of my mothers that I will be planting soon so grow out and take a few cuttings so I can keep 7 different mothers I have. They will be planted tomorrow. They will take up about 1/4 of the hoophouse. the other 3 rows will be left to Schanz #4 and SLeekskunk. I will space them in the hoophouse at 5' spacing. there is 4 rows with about 200 linear feet of rows in total. so ill be able to fit another 30 of those two strains in there.

THen in the flat garden which I will be finishing the amending today, will lay drip and rice straw tomorrow. I will have about 40-50 plants of schnaz 4 and sleeskunk to plant in here. Itll be the runts of the litter and this area will only be spaced 4.5'. 45 plants*4.5' is ~200 linear feet. I believe I will have about 550' linear of rows in the flat garden roughly. so after those 200' ill only have 300'.

MountZionCollec

when the first batch of seeds starts showing there sex in say 3 weeks i hope itll workout perfectly to replace the males with seeds from the second batch. thats the plan.

germination batch 2 happened 2 days ago.

Sam the skunkman genetics

-Hindu kush*pot of gold Fem: 110 seeds
-Haze #5* (Ohaze*skunk#1): 44 seeds
-Haze*Mexican*(Ohaze*skunk #1): 20 seeds
-White Rhino*skunk #1: 20 seeds
-Ancestral Skunk #1: 114 seeds, only expect 10%-20% germ rates.

there should be about 66 holes to fill in the hillside. those holes will get replaced with the Haze #5 and Haze Mexican. Ive changed the spacing since the last post since my numbers werent adding up now that I germed more seeds then I planned too. So the hillside will be at 5' spacing now. giving me 132 plants instead of 110.

The hoophouse will now be 4.5' spacing. Giving me 33, instead of 30 plants. of those 33 about half will be male and need to be replaced. They will go to White Rhino*skunk #1

there will only be like 10 to 20 from the first batch in the flat garden now with the changes. So it is was 15 plants*4'=60 linear feet, half being males. That leaves me about 500 linear' in the hoophouse. 100 Hindu Kush*POG will take up 400' of that. 20 Ancestral skunks will take up about 80'. And the rest will go to cuttings from mothers from the first year.

that will give us somewhere just above 250 female plants.

MountZionCollec

The first batch of seeds will get transplanted into the yard starting next week.

I will use T-posts that zig zag on the rows, where one is knocked just beneath the row and then in 7' another will be knocked in just above the row. I will then row military grade parachute cord that will be ran from the each Tpost every 1' or 18" not sure yet. I will then secure the plants to the cord for support.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Your seed starts are looking really healthy. Best of luck this year.

-Funk

Last edited:

Lochinvar

Calaveras cannabis alliance. A large portion of your members need a course on public relations. You big time farmers need to fit in with long time residents and not simply overpower with money and lawsuits. It is not a democrat or republican issue. It is about rude money obsessed people not caring about neighbors. Maybe it would be different if the scene was a bit more like Humboldt county where many generations have been growing and the industry built up slowly over decades. Calaveras county was small time farms until last years huge influx. People are pissed off with 5 supervisors deciding the fate of 35,000 people on such a life changing issue. The vote prop.B should have been allowed. Let the people vote. All it takes in California to shut down a vote is one guy with money and a sleazy attorney needing money. If you want community support reach out to the community and clean up your act CCA members. It is not enough to donate some money or a car. CCA must police their own members. Fabric fences and homeless shelter looking grow sites only enforce the poor image of highly visible grows.This being said as a response to Mt. Zion who seems to be a person who is doing it right and farms food also, not just cash crops.
CCA , you are fighting the wrong people, long time residents of Calaveras. The problems you have are all self-inflicted. Weed out the asshole farmers and fit in, it is a great place to live here

Alot of non-members and old locals are giant assholes too. "Police your own", it don't work that way bro. What do you mean by that, turn growers in? Police yourself, calaveras.

ManyManySpliffs

when the first batch of seeds starts showing there sex in say 3 weeks i hope itll workout perfectly to replace the males with seeds from the second batch. thats the plan.

germination batch 2 happened 2 days ago.

Sam the skunkman genetics

-Hindu kush*pot of gold Fem: 110 seeds
-Haze #5* (Ohaze*skunk#1): 44 seeds
-Haze*Mexican*(Ohaze*skunk #1): 20 seeds
-White Rhino*skunk #1: 20 seeds
-Ancestral Skunk #1: 114 seeds, only expect 10%-20% germ rates.

there should be about 66 holes to fill in the hillside. those holes will get replaced with the Haze #5 and Haze Mexican. Ive changed the spacing since the last post since my numbers werent adding up now that I germed more seeds then I planned too. So the hillside will be at 5' spacing now. giving me 132 plants instead of 110.

The hoophouse will now be 4.5' spacing. Giving me 33, instead of 30 plants. of those 33 about half will be male and need to be replaced. They will go to White Rhino*skunk #1

there will only be like 10 to 20 from the first batch in the flat garden now with the changes. So it is was 15 plants*4'=60 linear feet, half being males. That leaves me about 500 linear' in the hoophouse. 100 Hindu Kush*POG will take up 400' of that. 20 Ancestral skunks will take up about 80'. And the rest will go to cuttings from mothers from the first year.

that will give us somewhere just above 250 female plants.

Talk about your go big or go home. You ain't playing no games this year it seems MtZion. Wishing you the best a luck this year and I'll be tagging along for the ride. :tiphat:

MountZionCollec

Talk about your go big or go home. You ain't playing no games this year it seems MtZion. Wishing you the best a luck this year and I'll be tagging along for the ride. :tiphat:

No games! I'm getting focused now. The end of my last comment is confusing. That 500' linear feet is in the "flat garden". The 1000 square feet where the hoophouse was last year only has like 200 linear feet of rows.

2nd batch of germination is going well. Like 75% of the Hindu Kush POG have popped at 3 days. About 3 of the white rhino skunks and about 5 Mexican hazehazeskunk. And about 30 or so of the haze #5 hazeskunk.

Starting to transplant Schnaz 4 and sleeskunk tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Subscribed and following along as well, love watching the california outdoor grows, Redwood trees and pineapples!

ManyManySpliffs

I've obviously giving out too much rep for the day (didn't know that was possible), why do I keep thinking of typing karma and k+ instead of rep (was that the OG way of rep??). It's been so long since Overgrow, guess it keeps tapping me on the shoulder every now and then.

You got me wanting to pop more beans than my little guerilla spot can hold. I already have 36 bagseed seedlings going, 19 seeds in one cup of water and 2 Irene Kush seeds I was saving in another cup of water (waiting on all those to pop). My space can realistically hold about 12-15 large plants but I'm going to try and squeeze every last one of them in there somewhere. Some going in pots, some going in odd spots similar to a vert grow outdoors. I'm choosing to go big also this year..

MountZionCollec

Transplanted 70 plants yesterday in the rows. Filled up 1/2 of the Hillside. We plant in homemade gopher cages because we have ground squirrels and Gophers. Lots of holes and anything put in the ground without a cage turns up MIA. Ill get pictures up soon.

had to order more seeds. I believe a mouse came through and the most vigorous of the new seedlings. 87 Pot of gold BX, 30 Haze #5*hazeskunk #1, 3 haze*mexian*hazeskunk, 3 white rhino*skunk #1.

I still have like 13 or so Pot of gold BX, 20 Haze #5, 16 Haze Mexican, 16 White rhino Skunk, and all the ancestral skunk #1. ive raised them on tables i dont think mice can get up.

for support i will be using 1 8' Tpost sunk into the rows within 6-8"s from the plant. THen I will use military grade parachute cord to tie the plant to the Tpost.

we are having a typical invasion from grasshoppers. So im having to lay down NOlo bait within the farming areas as the damage is getting unacceptable.

I have also decided not to run for the CCA board as I am completely busy at the moment and need to stay concetrated and focused. The board is leaning back towards a Ban, though it wont happpen this year. Most likely, we need to get our own initiative onto the ballot and convince the citizens!

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

69 Sleeskunk/Resinator in the middle of the hillside. I expect them to be very pm and mold resistant so I want them in the center.

Today im planting 29 more Schnaz #4 Beneath those Sleeskunk

MountZionCollec

blackberries and rasberries finally arrived. Will be putting them in over the weekend.

Finishing the irrigation on the Flat garden Today. Will then lay down straw....this has cut my water back signficantly, it has cut it more then 1/2, maybe 1/4 what I was without it.

-keeping the seedlings on the table has prevented the mice from eating the rest of my seedlings.

ive redone all the numbers and I will have between 280-320 plants.