What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew questions?

azmeds

Banish is a fungicide that I had a good amount of success with for plants that were in flower already. Made from geranium oil, it is supposed to be safe until day of harvest.

zizration

Banish is a fungicide that I had a good amount of success with for plants that were in flower already. Made from geranium oil, it is supposed to be safe until day of harvest.

i haven't heard of that... I'm paranoid about burning pistils.. i like that ozone water idea. but do not have the funds to purchase that device. i'm having beer and puff break and then gettn to the last few . I'm carefully snipping out the affected areas and/or removing leaves and that stuff goes into a bucket full of milstop and then dumped. there isn't that much PM really.*knocks on wood*.. like i say i have added some air circulation and dropped rh to 45%...i will check again in a few days if this persists I'm leaning towards that 20% milk solution followed the next day by a high ph'd water solution and see how that goes. i plan on smoking this big time , so ...i don't want it too funky if i can help it.. :) thnx for all tips guys!

CaliVeganix

If your not close to the last 3 weeks of flower I've read good things about running a sulfur burner for a couple of hours, one or two applications, to kill the powder mildew for good once it starts...look into it and let us all know, never had PM but would like to know how to treat it FOR SURE should I ever get it

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
i have a ways to go , which is why i'm worried...

Then no worries, I would spray the milk + serenade cocktail at the amounts I suggested and you will be happy. Repeat about 7 days for extra insurance. Now, if you don't see any improvement a day or so after the spray, then start spraying daily/every other day for a week or so before I would resort to Eagle20. But one spray of Eagle20 and you will have zero PM issues (1 ml/gallon rate of course).

raven44

Ozone generator is $90 shipped. It will make u a million gallons of ozone water.

U will not regret the purchase lemme promise u that

Keep it in mind, it's the absolute best option

A2z ozone.com "aqua6" / $90 shipped :)

If your concerned with not wanting ur flowers to taste like shit and don't wanna smoke any residue from pm treatments.... Ozone water is just what u have been dreaming of. Trust me

Every gardener needs one of these and probably soon will

raven44

I'm trying to tell u man lol.....

Not to mention u won't ever need to buy another bottle of bleach... it has many uses...

Takes care of my garden fungicide pesticide everything all in one. I fucking love it.

Only reason I care so to tell people is I was told myself and asked to tell everyone. Plus I'm that kinda guy...

It always takes a lot of talking to get people to realize what I'm really saying...

In the future grow shops will carry these things. Trust me. My shop would no doubt about it. It'd always be my number one recommendation too hands down

$90 unit will do up to a gallon of water at a time

The commercial unit is like $350 and does 2000gallons at a time or so if I remember right.

Think of the savings hahahahah

Thank you Everyone for the help.

I was really sweating it as I had to go out of town for 5 days.

Fortunately, after two applications of milk and removing affected foliage, I have seen no further progression of PM in the room.

I went ahead and sprayed my other rooms with milk as well and based on the advice above I will be instituting a preventive maintenance program.

Thanks again.

FJ

Jonny Lan

the water that came through the cracks Probably brought the powdery mildew spores with it and landed on ur plants. the spores dried and your great circulation fans blew them around onto your other plants. its too late now, but if u have a small enough grow u can do an h2o2 spray every day. its tedious but a better way to get through to the end.

My sound advice, make sure your mothers are good and start over once u decontaminate area. don't risk smoking mildew weed. not great for you.
I used bleach on some spots and vinegar on others never had powdery mildew again in the same area.
Oh yeah my mildew came from keeping plants in basement than bringing them upstair where i usually grow. my humidity is usually high with no problems.

Hi humidity DOES NOT make powdery mildew, but it can encourage its growth.

raven44

H2o2 is silly when u have ozone.

Ozone won't harm.the plants like h2o2 will. Plus it oxides way more efficiently than h2o2 so imagine that..

It is not too late when u have ozone. With ozone it's never too late u can spray it one day before harvest it's residue free.

The o3 gas that is infused into the water evaporatesupply w out a trace in 20-30 min

raven44

I've taken pm clones from a mom that had it oretty bad and grown out pm free bud. I don't buy all the pm scare people throw around at all. Why? I've proved it wrong personally

Ime, increase air flow and keep humidity in check cures it mostly if not entirely. If humidity is in check u need more airflow. I've never had pm cross from one plant to the next.

Jonny Lan

H2o2 is silly when u have ozone.

Ozone won't harm.the plants like h2o2 will. Plus it oxides way more efficiently than h2o2 so imagine that..

It is not too late when u have ozone. With ozone it's never too late u can spray it one day before harvest it's residue free.

The o3 gas that is infused into the water evaporatesupply w out a trace in 20-30 min
Cool i never heard of that one, are you talking ozone water?

raven44

oxidizing the oils in your plant with anything is a dumb idea
there go the terps

U might think so... but trust me, the terps go no where otherwise my flowers wouldn't taste good and they taste better than most people'speople's around here in fact better than shop weed for sure yuk.

No worries there either! Terps will be a-o-k

This isn't dumb, this genius. Trust me.

Spraying other bs on the plants is what harms flavor lol not this stuff..... this is what u want to KEEP ur flavor and eliminate that pm worry.

Get one!

There are other manufacturers besides a2z also. I have no tiesway any of them.

Ima small fry growing for himself only

jidoka

oxidation leads to cell death period. it is a horrible idea unless you fucked up on nutrition and have to kill mold to make a sale

albrecht said it in the 40s, insects are natures garbage collectors and mold is the clean up crew. if your plants get attacked by sapphoric fungus it is because they are already electrically dead

choosing not to see that is choosing not to grow high quality weed. just cause your buddies grow worse is not an excuse i would accept

raven44

oxidation leads to cell death period. it is a horrible idea unless you fucked up on nutrition and have to kill mold to make a sale

albrecht said it in the 40s, insects are natures garbage collectors and mold is the clean up crew. if your plants get attacked by sapphoric fungus it is because they are already electrically dead

choosing not to see that is choosing not to grow high quality weed. just cause your buddies grow worse is not an excuse i would accept

Dude, ozone does NOT damage plants. When used properly as I'm recommending...

Do some research quit thinking u know it all.

Ur wrong. Dead wrong. U need one of these as does everyone.

It's a brilliant idea, knowledgeable people.know this. And the quality of my buddies shit means nothing. I know ALOT of growers in many states man. I livein a state where I can go to a rec shop as well and see a plethora of growers stuff

Look.into commercial grape.growing growing for info

The concentrations of o3 used, is NOT strong enough to damage multi cellular organism to say the least. Therfore the concentrations used do not oxidate plant cells causing damage. However it's very effective against unicellular organisms such as bacteria fungi and algea...

The plants perk up like no other after a treatment. They LOVE it. They throw their leaves up in joy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts