What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Do you know why the stems are red? I have that as well under leds like this.

From what I've read, red stems are from either the plant being minorly hungry, cold temps or genetics (lines that purple for instance). I've never really paid that much attention to them, though given that I rarely feed my plants - its probably hunger related.

On the other hand, all of the plants I run and resulting smoke always do the job, so I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as the leaves themselves don't show deficiencies. :comfort:

Terpene

Veteran
Ace Seeds Panama Goddess x Honduras (Honduran pheno) @ 12 weeks outside:
picture.php

Honduras x Orange AlienADE (Honduras x AOCADE) @ 12 weeks inside:
picture.php

Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2s @ 7 weeks inside (2 phenos):
picture.php

picture.php

Jacket (Destroyer x P91 x Princess Diesel) @ 6 weeks inside:
picture.php

Alatrist

Because of you Terpene I started to look into screw in leds, which are a great improvement no doubt, thanks...
Plus, I gotta say you handle them indoor sativas really good!

Cheers.

Terpene

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Alatrist, if you have questions on the screw ins, feel free to ask. I don't know if you've seen Blynx's thread, if not: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

A week later the 140w / 5000K LED flowering armoire keeps on truckin..

Honduras x Alien OrangeADE at 13 weeks:
picture.php

"Maur-E Zam-E" (Mauritius x Ethiopian) x (Zamaldelica x Ethiopian) at 12.5 weeks:
picture.php

Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2s at 8 weeks (2 phenos):
picture.php

picture.php

Jacket (P-91 x Princess Diesel x Destroyer) at 7 weeks:
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
I gave a friend a male Mauritius x Ethiopian and he handed me some beans of a super silver haze cross he made with it. Obviously, the SSH has been worked a bit, and it has really influenced the growth habit on the Mauritius x Ethiopian (or at least this far). The seedlings are very squat, even more squat than the Catalina Wine Mixer from Med Tree Seeds which is a more commercialized indica hybrid. We'll see if that growth habit continues.
picture.php

Outside, the Panamanian pheno of Ace Panama x Honduras is finished and the Honduran pheno is nearly done at 13 weeks:
Panamanian:
picture.php

Honduran:
picture.php

My new puppy still explores everything with his teeth and chomped a lower off the Panama leaning plant. The smoke is exactly what I was hoping for, Panama's clear, somewhat psychedelic (color intensity heightening) but fun, hard charging high (think buzzed drunk) with a honduran twist. Its positive, stoney, makes you appreciate everything around you and a lasts for several hours. So far, I haven't found a ceiling, but I haven't exactly had a chance to go balls to the wall with it yet. :laughing:

Terpene

Veteran
Ace Seeds Panama Goddess x Honduras night time shots! :D

The Panamanian pheno is done at 13.5 weeks:
picture.php

The Honduran pheno is waaay too pretty not to shoot as well. Id say another week or two for this one:
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
The Honduras leaning Honduras x Alien OrangeADE is done at 14 weeks indoors. I've been letting this one push (despite throwing sterile nanners galore) because I wanted to see if they would produce herm pollen or the nanners would be an indicator of ripeness.
picture.php

picture.php

Not an ACE line, but Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2s are awful pretty:
picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
This is chop on that 14 week indoor Honduras x Alien OrangeADE:
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Another successful harvest of exotic high quality genetics at Terpene's garden :)
Well done friend! :yes:

I'm really happy to see the good outcome on the new Panama x Honduras F1 regular hybrid, and also on your own Honduras x Alien Orange hybrids and Mauritius/Ethiopian x Zamaldelica/Ethiopian hybrid. I have always dreamed of producing an african pure sativa super polyhybrid containing the best uplifting and soaring pure african sativa parental plants and african strains we have in our collection, a blend of african sativas like Angolese, Congo, Mauritius, Ethiopian, Zamal and Zamaldelica ... and your hybrid goes pretty much in that direction! ;)

You know well the Panama line, how would you compare the Panama/Honuduras F1 with straight Panama ?

The Orange Antoinette F2s look indeed awesome! Lovely afghani flowers with a strong Bubba kind of vibe!

I sent you an email a few days ago, please check it out when you find a break.

Terpene

Veteran
Thanks Dubi! :huggg: Glad you're enjoying my teeny, tiny show!

Yeah! Where are the crazy "haze" reproductions (compound equitorial sativa hybrids) we talked about forever ago?? ;) I don't know how much Panama Goddess x Honduras you've tried, but its pure, smokeable happiness. I am a HUGE fan of Honduras and the Panamanian addition makes it even better. I feel like Honduras (purple colombian looking pheno) x Panama Goddess x Zamaldelica (trippy pheno) would be the holy grail of feel good psychedelica.

Comparing Panama Goddess x Honduras: The combination of the two plants is better than the plants that make it up. Now, I have only smoked the panamanian looking pheno, the pretty purple honduran leaning plant is still finishing itself off. You've got Panama's energy, hard charging, buzzed drunk positive, Van Halen "Panama!" effect (or at least it always is for me) with the Honduran appreciative of everything around you warmth. The Panamanian "blue lemon" (lemon pepper?) smell comes through nicely. I cannot stress enough how much I like this cross and how I will be running lots more of them in the future.

The Honduras x Alien OrangeADE (Alien Technology x Tangie x Alien Dawg Ether) is exactly what you'd expect it to be - an orangey alien dawg ether line with a bit more warmth / happiness and sativa influence. It was an accidental cross as my Honduras was getting too wet in last years heavy rains and I brought the plant indoors which changed the light cycle and popped a few very late flower nanners with viable pollen. The fan was directly over the Honduras and blowing onto the Alien OrangeADE... we all know how the story goes..:laughing:

I'll have to take more pictures of the Mauritius x Ethiopian x Zamaldelica x Ethiopian. Its just starting to seal off - probably 3 more weeks on that one. As a 50/50 pheno, it has all of the traits you'd expect. I am eager to see what its effects are like, based on flower characteristics, I expect it to be slightly Zamaldelica leaning.

The Orange Antoinette is a polyhybrid from IC member ECTraveler (who is a huge fan of ACE) and it has a mess of stuff in it:
(tangie x louis XIII x black lemon x and a few others I am missing). Its very well worked for indoor applications and really puts it out. :biggrin:

3 gallon unfertilized garden soil
3 gallon perlite
2.5 gallon sphagnum peat
1.5 gallon coco coir
1 gallon ewc
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
2/3 cup oyster shell flour
1/2 cup alfalfa meal
1/2 cup dry molasses
1/2 cup seabird guano
1/2 cup azomite
1/3 cup dolomite
1/3 cup gypsum
2 tbsp Sul-Po-Mg

hows this soil mix working out?
any adjustments?

Terpene

Veteran
Ace Seeds Honduras x Panama Goddess Honduran pheno at 15 week chop is beautiful but was a pain to trim. It didn't help that I wanted to get picky with the manicuring either.. This side of the plant grows as a collection of foxtails that make up the bud structure as opposed to a denser nug - similar to the way Grinspoon or other landrances like Malawi / Ethiopian tend to flower. Overall, the output on this line is ridiculous for a couple of sativas - slightly less dense than Panamas I've run in the past, but even more willing to put on size thanks to the Honduran influence. Future runs I may fertilize a bit just to see whats possible, but this is what you get with tap water and dirt.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
terpene said:
Future runs I may fertilize a bit just to see whats possible, but this is what you get with tap water and dirt.

Wish I was able to achieve 50% of your success with "just tap water and dirt" :tiphat:

Drooling over the Honduras x Panama Goddess Honduran, a shame smell cannot be uploaded! Can you describe it? Dunno why but appears to me those buds should smell terrific!

Been following this impressive thread, I'm completely into sativas and landraces, looking at a SOG flowering tent with as much variety as possible, just like it seems to be your current goal, so I'm subbed :lurk:

I have learned a lot with this thread, tons of respect for your eye to pick the perfect chop time. Your buds look wonderfully ripe, perfectly finished.

I grew using HML leds in the past and some hazey strains just never seem to reach the swell-then-ripe stage. Will run HPS + HML Leds this time, note taken regarding bare bulb leds.

Starting to considering going from 12/12 to 11/13, girls are into fourth week (sativa-leaning hybrids) what's your light regime? Do you apply 11/13 since the beggining or past a given flowering week?

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
I'm perpetually flowering in 11/13. When plants finish, the open space is filled by new plants.

Jacket (P91 x Princess Diesel x Destroyer) at 10 week chop under LEDs:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My flowering cabinet got a bit of an upgrade as well :laughing:

Rear left: Zamaldelica x Mauritius x Ethiopian x Mauritius
Front left: Recently chopped Jacket
Rear right: Super Silver Haze x Mauritius x Ethiopian
Front right: Med Tree Seeds Catalina Wine Mixer

DRM Ranch

I gave a friend a male Mauritius x Ethiopian and he handed me some beans of a super silver haze cross he made with it. Obviously, the SSH has been worked a bit, and it has really influenced the growth habit on the Mauritius x Ethiopian (or at least this far). The seedlings are very squat, even more squat than the Catalina Wine Mixer from Med Tree Seeds which is a more commercialized indica hybrid. We'll see if that growth habit continues.

I have a feeling you will like the SSH×(MATH*)
*(Mauritius×Etheopian) it has huge flavor potential.

I kept #5 of the 20 seeds I dropped of this cross. It has been absolutely trouble free in hydro or soil, cuts root well, and it doesn't mind being topped or pruned to a single top for SOG.

I did just pollinate #5 with Cactus Cooler pollen, so I'm not going to have a great deal of flower info for you this go around.

I made sure you got the cream of the crop of the seeds, I have plenty to keep me busy for years.

I hope they do good things for you.