What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my seedling stretching too much?

EDIT: This thread has now become the grow journal for these plants.

Hey, guys. New grower here on my first grow. The strain is Green Ninja from Heavyweight Seeds.

It's about 3-4 days old and I'm getting worried that the light is too far away, causing my little seedling to stretch too much to reach for the light.

Here's my propagation setup.

2j3ijaq.jpg

Here's the little seedling in a root riot cube. It's just under 2.5 inches. I feel like it shouldn't have that much stem. If it is over stretching, should I transplant it to a solo cup, so that it can be closer to the light? I don't want to expose it to too much light either, though. Thanks in advance, dudes.

8vw35s.jpg

Last edited:

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Transplant it keep light a couple of inches away that light won't be to much for the seedling.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
your seedling looks ok,

when potting just bury the stem up to where ever you want it to be.

if i have larger plants in with seedlings and i cant get the seedlings close to the light i will use a bigger pot with less medium and as the seedling stretches ill fill the pot up as needed. works ok

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Needs to be replanted using the rooting cube. So, yes, replant/transplant into larger container inside your tent. Bring light much closer to plant. You won't fare much grown in a solo cup or with minimal fluorescent light.

Thanks, dudes. I just transplanted to a solo cup and the light is about 5-6 inches away now.

Once their ready, they'll be transplanted again to 3 gallon smart pots. One will be vegged as a mother underneath a 225w Growblu UFO. The other will be put into my tent to be veggies and flowered underneath a 400w Mars II. Can't wait!

Midwest sticky

You can't edit posts till you have over 50 posts and you can't send pm's till then either.
Good luck with your first grow ask all the questions you have along the way,people will answer.

Midwest sticky

You're welcome. This is the best grow forum around, so much info and good peeps here. Plus some of the most potent famous strains were made by members here. You choose a great place to document your first grow.

Hell yeah. whenever I would Google search for info, I was often led to ic. I've been learning a lot in my little time here. I can't wait to get this grow into full swing. So, stoked. I'm definitely going to start a journal. I just want to wait until she's a little bigger.

True, when I get 50 posts, I'll change the title of the thread and post the updates here. Are journals allowed in the "new growers" section or do they belong in the "indoor grows" section?

The tent I'm flowering in first is only 2ftx2ftx5ft, so I'm going to scrog out one plant as it's my first grow and I don't want to use all the seeds I got yet.

Also, these are feminised seeds and I've germinated 2 of them. One to be a mother and one to flower.

When I get a few more lights, I'm going to scrog out 4 plants in my 3x3. I also got some Afghani regular seeds, so if one of those turn out to be male, I'm going to try to cross the afganhi with the green ninjas and look for a good pheno. Same with a single Strawberry Blue seed I have.

This grow, while small as hell, is almost two years in the making and I've been planning and researching on and off the whole time. There's a quote I like, "The smart man learns from his own mistakes, the wise man learns from the mistakes of others." I want this grow (and all my grows) to be as perfect as I can get them to be while keeping error as minimal as possible.

But, I hear you though. I, initially, was going to flower 4 green ninjas in the 2x2, but was limited in space. I have a carbon filter and a floor fan on the floor and can only fit one 3 gallon pot at the moment.

Don't worry, I plan to scrog to utilize all the space I can efficiently.

Hey, guys. So, I'm in need of some assistance.

My two, little seedlings were off to a great start under the florescent light inside the dome. They were stretching more than I would like, but I transplanted to solo cups and all seemed well.

Well, the younger pheno was growing much more vigorously and eventually surpassed the first one. They were slowly approaching the top of the dome and I started becoming anxious.

So, I decided to put the dome inside the tent, so they could start getting used to the LED light.

The Temps at the top of the dome started getting rather high, like mid 80's. So, I took off the dome and put in my humidifier and took out the floor fan.

Shit got fucked up from here. The humidity would not stay consistent or high enough with the circ fan on, but got too high with it off. While they didn't seem too stressed, they didn't look as healthy as before.

So, I decided to put them inside the dome again, but with the weaker, growblu ufo LED(over 3 feet above).

That's when they got super stressed. The more vigorous, strong pheno started to lightly droop and the weaker pheno got extremely shocked and drooped significantly. It still hasn't fully recovered.

So, I put them back where they were, outside of the dome and under the Mars II and they started bouncing back.

The stronger one was standing up again and the leaves weren't drooping anymore. The weaker one stood up slightly, but still very droopy.

But, the humidity was super low. I filled the humidifier too much accidentally and unbeknownst to me, wasn't functioning properly Causing the humidity to drop to the 30's thus shocking the plants again.

Upon a light watering and foliar spray, they straight up almost laid down. I propt them up and fixed the humidifier. They seem to be responding okay.

I've been becoming anxious and impatient, so I know I need to back off. But, what should I do?

I can't keep the humidity stable with the circ fan on and they aren't responding well to higher humidity (which I thought seedlings and vegging plants needed). Kinda bummed and nervous, but I understand this is my fault.

I hope they can bounce back. At least the strong one(Which will be kept as a mother). Any tips or ideas will be greatly appreciated, guys. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Latest posts