What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a guerilla

Whats up?!

Let me start by introducing you to my dog, this is Bruno.

picture.php

This photo is taken from a small urban plot in early January. It was taken right after I topped them and took clones of each plant for the second time. As a guerilla you risk losing every plant to a variety of challenges and to increase my odds of harvesting particular strains I am cloning and putting out in different locations.
Perhaps like this...

picture.php

This area has direct line of sight from housing about 1km away. Im thinking about doing a 'few' mini's in this grassed area, open and sunny, any thoughts?

picture.php

Most exposure comes from getting them in and out. Especially if I need to cage against rabbits which im 80% sure live in this area, Ive already lost a few uncaged minis but not these HeavyWeightFastNVast autos

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Anyway...

Like I said, that first photo was from 3 weeks ago. This morning I went to see how the girls were doing.

picture.php

All doing pretty well thanks to some regular rains, a couple of deficiency issues and few bugs around, mostly passion vine hoppers who seem to be all over the blackberry bushes.
I will most probably go back to take one last set of clones and prune lower growth to aide air circulation and promote mainlining.

Tangerine dream - growing a little slower than the rest but still green and healthy.

picture.php

Pineapple chunk looking pretty good but some discoloured leaves.

picture.php

Any thoughts on what this is?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=71454&pictureid=1700478

Frisian Dew looking like it wants to take off.

picture.php

Last but not least...
Money Maker after being this years candidate for supercropping.
If you notice from the 1st photo, she has recovered well after being manhandled last visit.

picture.php

These plots are all within 50m of a public walkway, this will be a risk once flowering begins. Hopefully we can get as many of these girls in as possible.

More adventures to come... peace

Last edited:
So I thought I'd talk a little bit about a couple of plans I have for the grow this year.

Firstly, spots. I have a few different spots but they are all testers, first time growing there. I have done some scouting to find 5+ areas that can take 3-4 mid size plants. All spots are less than an hour drive and 15-30 minute walk. I have 0 dream spots at they moment but I'm always on the lookout - latest idea is "minis".

Secondly, genetics and seeds. There are no official seedbanks where I live so sourcing seeds or clones isnt easy and usually done by mail-order, with some paranoia involved, unless you know someone. I opted for mail, I could've asked around maybe but then people would know I'm growing.

This style of growing requires good strain selection. Long story Short, I made an order and got a few beans that I like for one reason or another. These include the ones above as well as Black Russian and Chronic Haze. I only got a couple FEMS of each and due to a late-ish start and expected losses I popped them all, and have taken a couple of batches of clones to ensure I can get as many across the finish line as possible.

With no seeds left I have plans to use CS to reverse some clones and make a few beans from the plants that impress me. If I had room to grow at my home I'd keep mothers.

seeded

With all the plots being within 50m of public walkways it's a good thing you took cuts when you did because those outside plots are all completely unsuitable for growing cannabis in the long term. They might be good for keeping some mothers outside in an emergency or something but a cannabis plant in full bloom unmistakably announces it's presence to the world and everyone around them will hunt them down given the faintest of whiffs on the wind.

I wish for your sake I'm wrong and you get a great harvest but if human nature is as predictable as I expect send me a PM and you won't have to worry about genetics for a while.

ozzieAI

Veteran
any not natural stands out...do you really need the cages?

i would also add more leaf matter around the plants...and use local sticks as stakes if needed

other tricks i used was never ever plant in a pattern...always random...usually up next to the north face of a bush,using the bush for protection, something to tie off too and is an excellent way to hide plants...

good luck

With all the plots being within 50m of public walkways it's a good thing you took cuts when you did because those outside plots are all completely unsuitable for growing cannabis in the long term... a cannabis plant in full bloom unmistakably announces it's presence to the world and everyone around them will hunt them down given the faintest of whiffs on the wind.

I wish for your sake I'm wrong and you get a great harvest but if human nature is as predictable as I expect send me a PM and you won't have to worry about genetics for a while.

Good point, this is a conclusion that Ive thought about alot since planting there. Just so we are clear, this is not a major walkway especially because there alot of hills around (which deters lazy ripper types), when scouting this spot I made some effort to make sure there were no trails leading directly to the spot, unfortunately, in my attempt to find the most secure spot, lots of weaving and walking through blackberry and hills I have ended up coming back around toward the walkway.

I feel like I have a ~20% chance of harvesting these girls, not ideal but I'll take 20% of something over 100% of nothing, chances may actually be better than I think. I've made peace with the idea of losing these girls so it hopefully wont sting as much if it happens.
Due to the location (semi-close), the great soil and ok sunlight I had put my most liked/promising strains here. Looking back I should have put them around the corner here.

picture.php

picture.php

This is a black russian hanging out with a couple of HWFNV autos.
These would have been much better suited at the other spot. Live and learn I guess...

My secondary strategy involves taking a bunch of clones for relocation and reversing/CS seedmaking.

I don't know how any of my plans will turn out but stay tuned and we'll find out together.:dance013::dance013::dance013:

BTW - youve got mail.

any not natural stands out...do you really need the cages?

i would also add more leaf matter around the plants...and use local sticks as stakes if needed

other tricks i used was never ever plant in a pattern...always random...usually up next to the north face of a bush,using the bush for protection, something to tie off too and is an excellent way to hide plants...

good luck

Cages - so I have put out a few clones in the same area without cages, just some slug pellets. The majority of these have been eaten by "something". So yes, in this location, cages are necessary. I would prefer not to, which is why I tested without cages as well.

Yep always looking for north facing plots, all tester plots this season so no real patterns to be made from 4 plants:joint:

What do you mean by "something to tie off to?", like bending the plants over so they look less "weedy?"

ozzieAI

Veteran
What do you mean by "something to tie off to?", like bending the plants over so they look less "weedy?"

thats right as well as providing support during flowering...

if you need the cages try and camo the wire...i used to use similar wire that was coated green and i have also spray painted it to cover the silver so it blends in much better...

your plants are looking good...

thats right as well as providing support during flowering...

if you need the cages try and camo the wire...i used to use similar wire that was coated green and i have also spray painted it to cover the silver so it blends in much better...

your plants are looking good...

Thanks... Yep Ive seen and thought about painting the cages too, maybe I still will for any remaining to go out. To me they just dont really stand out that much.

Anyone have any experience uploading videos here?
Dont want to be shooting myself in the foot, big brother and all that...

Pictures are good but videos are better imo.
Dont see much on the boards though.

ozzieAI

Veteran
trust me...someone will see the wire before they see the plant...

don't do vids and rarely do pics these days as i haven't change my style from that i already have pics posted for...

ozzieAI

Veteran
you would be surprised...i have been an avid bushwalker for many years and have found several grows because people left 'stuff' laying around or didn't blend their grow into the surroundings...i have found fert containers, hoses, plastic bags and wire cages...leaving well defined tracks/trails is another good way for people to find your crop...

I had the intention of removing cages once flowering begins because animals tend to leave them alone. The downside to this is that going in and out only emphasizes any trails, also the cages will act as support and ensure I dont come back to plants laying on the ground.

Another point is that the larger plants are likely to overgrow the cage til it cant been seen anyway. I would think the bigger risk at the moment would be the bare earth surrounding this one particular plot (eyes in sky).

ozzieAI

Veteran
I would think the bigger risk at the moment would be the bare earth surrounding this one particular plot (eyes in sky).

absolutely...a friend used to have an ultra lite and he would easily spot outdoor grows by the cleared ground around plants...