What's new

Who's Ya Momma

G

Thanks to Dutchgrown for making this grow possible.

20 of 20 seeds germinated.

18 of 20 sprouted.

2268Who_s_Ya_Momma_1-med.JPG

2268Who_s_Ya_Momma_2-med.JPG

crunks

wow thats great...how do you get your seeds to sprout so well?? im having such problems...im not ahydro person

G

Very nice setup you have. That was my very first Hydro setup you have. Never knew anything about Hydro and bought a unit like you have. Good luck with the grow and i'm sure your going to get some awesome plants out of them.
Take care

what kind of set up

what kind of set up

Id say a nice clean one!
Looks great, cant wait to see the results :)
All the best,
Leeroy:abduct:

G

The Ebb&Flo unit they have. It's a easy unit to use and has great results. Very easy to use and clean. Look likes your setup is also very neat and clean.
Good Luck

G

Thanks fellas! I know things are a bit boring at the moment, all those tiny girls and ugly HPS lighting!

Piney - This is the Hydroware Turbogarden by American Hydroponics. It is a very sturdy ebb and flow tray and resovoir at a good price. Ebb and flow is just about failproof for beginners, I would recommend them highly. This table is nice, but you can make your own using rubbermaid contaiers for much less money.

crunks - You asked about germination. Im a hydro nut, but don't be afraid by the rockwool. It transplants easily to any medium you prefer, even soil.

I germinate seeds between 2 paper towels, folded into a quarters, then folded in half. Rinse the towels under the faucet, then gently squeeze the excess water between your middle and index finger (make sure the towel is wet enough, but not dripping if it was lightly shaken). Set the paper towel down, open it to the middle, and place the seeds at least an inch apart from eachother. Close the towel over the seeds and put the moist paper towels in ziplock baggies. Blow some air into the bags and close. I put them in a cupboard and check them daily. Each day I remove the towel, VERY carefully open the towel and look for tails. Until they are ready to transplant, I close the towel, GENTLY flip the towel onto its other side, put it back ito the bag, and blow some fresh air in. Once they are mostly all ready, (some take longer than others, plant it anyway, it may pop later!) with tails no longer than 3/4 inch, I CAREFULLY transplant into presoaked rockwool cutting blocks . GENTLY pick up the sprouts from the seed side, CAREFULLY open the cutting plug with your other hand without splitting it in half, and GENTLY place the seed as close to the middle as possible, tail pointing down, 1/3 inch from the opening. If seeds have not popped yet, be sure to plant them pointed side down. Place plugs back in the tray. Place the tray under inderect HPS lighting, or low watt floros, watering daily until sprouts arrive. GENTLY transplant once a rootball developes at the bottom of the plugs, or at the first sign of true leaves, whatever comes first.

The moral of the story: Be CAREFULL, be GENTLE.

Billygoat - Thanks for stopping by! I love these trays, lets me run all my strains individually and on different nutrient schedules. For instance, my 1000W is running Flora Nova at low PPM, my Ultimate Moonshine and Cal Jax trays are each on lucas with slightly different PPM. I found I could get more diversity out of things this way rather than 1 4 X 8 tray and a big resovoir.

LeeroyJackson - Thanks for the compliment, I try and run a tight ship! I clean thoroughtly between grows to keep up with pests. I think I have em handled this time!

Dutchgrown, if you happen to see this can you tell me a little more about the male used in these beans? A couple of the sprouts (twisted, mutant) resemble some Blue Satellite 2 I grew out a while back. Is it in fact one of the elusive, mostly sativa blueberry phenos that show up in some of Steve's crosses? This trait showing up in some of the seedlings has me hoping so!

Thanks everyone, more updates when appropriate.

Stay tuned...

2268Who_s_Ya_Momma_3.jpg

2268Who_s_Ya_Momma_4.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts