What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant problems ~5 weeks into veg

heres the link to my thread documenting my first grow
http://www.icmag.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=53077#post53077

I figured Id post it here too since not to many people are watching my grow.

I cut an pasted this from my last post in my thread.

for those who don't want to click, here the info

top44 from seed
in soil, foxfarms light warior
250w MH and a 150w HPS
265CFM squirrel cage blower
high temp - 85F
low temp - 76F
1.5 gallon pots
~5 weeks from breaking the surface

I noticed a week or so ago that the tips of the leaves on one plant started to curl up a VERY VERY little bit and turned yellow. Im talking the VERY VERY tip, unless you look hard you don't even notice it.

I figured I was over ferting so I have watered with plain water that last 2 times...

the single fingered leaves on all the plants have pretty much wilted away or are close to it. I figured, not a problem....

then the next set of leaves on 2 of my plants turned a nice uniform yellow..... now Im starting to think I have a problem

3 of the 4 plants I watered only 2 days ago with .5Ls drank the water in only 2 days...

So, here is what Im pondering...

1. I think I have a N def based on the uniform yellowing starting from the bottom of the plant and working its way up.

2. I think my plants may be rootbound as well, based on the drinking of the water in only 2 days.

Now for the questions...

I don't want to transplant all the plants because I don't have the soil or the room to do so. I plan to flip to 12/12 within the next couple days, even though I really want to wait, so I can sex the plants.

Question 1. Any issues with transplanting 1-2 weeks into flowering? Ive read about people doing it all the time, so Im not SO worried about this, Id just like some varification.

Im about 99.5% sure I have a N def as well.

Question 2. Any issues giving a high N feedings during the first 2 weeks of flowering?

Also, any insight is invaluable to me. Please, share your knowlege with me.

Thanks, hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Last edited:
they are in 1.5 gallon pots.

the humidity is usually around 40%

I was planning to transplant to 2 or 2.5 gallon pots

the soil is Foxfarm light warrior. Theyve only had 2 feedings with GH nutes.

I thought I was burning them, so Ive watered with plain water the last few times. Next time I water Im going to give them a nice dose of the veg and micro and no bloom I think. Hopefully that will solve the prob.

Ill have a pics in about 1.5 hours, thats when the lights come on.

G

looks like they are hungry

looks like they are hungry

ive done it before, feedin a strain what i had been feedin the last grow.

quite a few different thi ngs can cause that. what has your feeedin regime been?

CBF

G

I agree....looks like they could use some nutes...maybe start at 1/3rd strength?

Ive fed 2 or 3 times, once at 1/4 strength, and once or twice at full strength.

Using gh nutes.

Not sure what the soil has in it if anything at all.

Can I use the gh nutes for foliar feeding?

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Make sure you use a weaker nutrient solution than you would for root feeding.

Make sure you spray the undersides of the leaves.
This is where the stomata or "lungs of the plant" are located, and where maximum absorption occurs.

:)

thanks I.M.

thanks I.M.

so what PPM range should I have the spray at? Ive never sprayed before (other than neem oil) so I don't have any idea how much to give them.

Thanks again

G o G

Latest posts

Latest posts