What's new

Cail..CNN SAID CUT BACK POWER.. HUM

What's this on the news..? Do you guy's really have to cut back power? How will it effect the Cail Grow...? Are anyone willing to step in and say some words.. I am downsouth just wondering..

Hope everthings will with fires and power roll back's...

Tell Us How it going...?

Sauce...

:wave:

full time daddy
Veteran
im moven up on power not down :)

if it gets to a point of brown outs.

im either out of state or look for a good power gen.....lol

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
To reduce electricity consumption, Cal-ISO advises Californians to:

Set thermostats at 78 degrees or higher.
Use fans to keep cool.
Keep drapes drawn.
Turn off unnecessary lights and appliances.
Use big appliances early in the morning or late at night.

this probably wont effect most growers as they generally run most lights during evening off peak hours for heat reasons anyway
i know i do so i wont have a problem. my flowering room runs from
9pm to 9 am
veg is only a 400 at the moment.

G

^^^ Agree with mybeans post. growers tend to run their flowering lights at night, and when the power companies are forced to turn off the power during rolling blackouts its almost always during the afternoon.

Also you have to keep in mind they say these kind of things every year, every summer. Personally, I think you can get away with more power than usual as everyones bills are higher because of their AC-assuming you don't use your ac.

full time daddy
Veteran
Sauce no i have not....

Sauce no i have not....

lol....i dont watch t.v.

i run my lights from 8:30 to 8:30 and like other post most the block outs will be in the day...

i hope for none but expect many....it allways happens on a hot ass day to......

"Turn off unnecessary lights and appliances."
dose this mean sec a/c units and dehu's.......or just the 5 fans in the grow room..............should i run 4000w and not 5?....lol

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
they're calling for a cooling trend to begin tuesday and strengthening on wednesday so we should be fine in a couple days. besides that here in the bay area it tends to stay a bit milder due to the breeze from the bay

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
quote from cnn.com

quote from cnn.com

The mercury is expected to reach the 90s in San Diego's valleys and mountains and top the century mark in the deserts. The National Weather Service forecasts highs of 92 in El Cajon, 95 in Julian and 109 in Borrego Springs.

A cooling trend is expected starting Tuesday, gaining strength on Wednesday.

seeyouaunty

If you are facing the possibility of daytime powercuts make sure to use timers that have backup batteries in them.

My two digital timers both have batteries so they keep perfect time even if the power goes out.

mybeans420- I hear you.... Seem to make since.. Glad too see you guys are not worry must happen all the time...

00420- You must watch the News.. I fill you on no T.V

growerinshorts
seeyouaunty

Glad yo see you guys... Thank's for the info I know it could be useful to other Cail memebers...

Sauce
:D

G

I would'nt even worry about outages in Cali. Ever since the whole Enron and The Public Utilities Commision (P.U.C.) locked horns a few years ago everything is gonna be fine. The warning is just a yearly thing every summer. California is no longer paying three times the amount for electricity so we have enough juice to get us thru. The heat is just that heat. Most indoor growers run their lights at night so it should be fine. Plus the energy is cheaper at night. Grow on all.

Blatant

full time daddy
Veteran
no news for me :)

or t.v.
lol

i stay away from the boob tube

and stay up on med law's that about it i have my own shit to deal with i dont need to hear about the worlds :D :D :D :D

mark6699331

Power cuts!

Power cuts!

The reason there's a power shortage in california is because of all the people growing!!! HAHAHA~~
I hear its almost on the level that bootlegging was in the twenties since 215 in96'.
Plus the biggies have honda generaters anyways,
cheers
mrk

Newlines

I have some friends in Cali who only do their commercial grows in cities which have municipal power, since they are not affected by the wild prices that the private companies offer.

This is going to continue to be an issue in the future as energy supplies dwindle and global demand heads up.

The various grow-box companies out there ought to consider a sun-fed greenhouse version with auto-blinds for photoperiod control. Put it in the backyward and... :)

Andre

G

Amazing idea Andre.

Please elaborate, it seems you have thought about this one a bit....

Newlines

Such things already exist for the pro greenhouse market. Would be simple enough to automate some blinds that would block out light so that you could have a 12 hour day even in the middle of summer.

If such a thing could be added to a growbox, you'd havce a climate-controlled, sunlit growspace ... and a much lower electricity bill :)

Andre

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
there are already hydro units that come with an automated shade cloth. i cant remember where i saw it though.
though its not a grow "box"