What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Searching for Purple Kush!

G

Hi! My first post here,just registered! I've been a somewhat long time overgrow member(about a year and a half)and I made a similar post over their as well but it doesnt seem to be getting much attention. I'm desperatly searching for Purple Kush and have been searching for the past few years. I dunno why this strain is so impossible to come by but not only can I not find anyone with it,I also cant find a seed bank that carries it. I'm not asking for seeds or clones(although that would be fuck'in awesome),but it would be great if someone could tell me the strain's I'd have to cross to get it(to me its worth the work and effort),or a seed bank that carries it. Purple Kush was my introduction to Marijuana so besides being a kick ass smoke,it hold's that special meaning... It was my first.

I'd greatly greatly appreciate any help!

...... The search for PK continues......

Thank you.

omega7

I cant tell you bro. But I too am looking to get ahold of purple kush....the stuff going around the west coast now. I will let you know if I get ahold of or hear anything. Ill throw you a clone if I can find it. Good luck.

G

If you go over to CW, GoldenEye has Fem seeds of them and you can get lucky and pick some up on C-bay, but there might be a member here that might have a mother plant or some seeds, so good luck on you quest.
Later

omega7

Thanks for the info BG. Is goldeneye just a member over there with seeds or is goldeneye a seed company/breeder?

G

She's a member over there and you can do a search on C-bay for either her name or Purple Kush and you'll see some old auctions. I'm going to let you know now, they aren't cheap.
Good Luck

if anyone gets a purple kush, we really should get a collective free traders group out here.

I will have some cherry bomb II clones down the road, royal hawaiian, lsd, to trade for some.

strawberry cough
superfruit
fig widow
purple kush
genius

etc....

G

Thanks guys! Very much appreciated :).

I'd love to start up a trade group,unfortunatly I'm still kind of a newbie(currently on second grow@2 1/2 weeks,first grow only lasted 4 weeks). I'm afraid I dont have a whole lot to trade but heck,I'm up for it :).

G

purple kush.........

purple kush.........

heres a blurb from kyle kushman on this strain. GE is no longer on Cbay, or at CW, she bailed. 10 pack went 320.00 or better at auction.

KK:
"It was a strong purple Hindu Kush, which I crossed with a potent Dutch
strain of Northern Lights #5 crossed with Hash Plant.

The result was an extremely narcotic high and a plant that was full
of deep purple. Very visually impressive! I grew it for 8 years with
only selective breeding. Produced fresh seed whenever necessary, or
whenever the superior plant showed itself and cried to be pollinated.
Around my fourth or fifth generation, I began to experience
hermaphrodites. (These are plants that contain chromosomes for both
male and female.) These will not produce anything except more
hermaphrodites! The first couple of crops that showed these tendencies
were also later in the flowering cycle, and were sporadic. I would
simply pluck the male flowers before they could release any pollen.
Then it began getting worse, coming earlier in the flowering cycle,
and with more frequency. This was the beginning of the end! I spent
hours with each harvest for several years constantly inspecting every
plant from top to bottom to keep from producing an unwanted seed
harvest!

I had to retire the strain, and you might consider doing the same."

GEs S1 beans were from that special clone in a population of the PK strain. there are no PK beans around, the clone is a tough to get momma.

Im runnin five PK S1 girls right now, sprouted last weekend along with some Bluemoontrip(sunDMC), Blue Haze(Fuaryone), Blackberry widow(jojo),Blueberry X C99(willy), blueberry sativa S1(RM)

already belong to a group of growers, so thats were the first bunch of clones go. will post up the op when theres somethin to see:D

CBF

G

WTF does it take to get PK? Where do people find it?... That's what I dont get... I've search for years throughout my travel's btween Oregon,Washington and Northern California and it just cant be found. I got a feeling I'll have to just give in and re-create PK the same way Kyle did.

How do you get in these "club's" anyways?... I've always been a social outcast,a loner,so making friends is kinda hard for me. Do you fill out an application or something? lol.

Thanks again guys! (CBF:cant wait to seem some pics :) ).

G

Dont worry about it guys,one less grower in this world now... It's all gone. Seeds,plants,pots.... All sitting in a dumpster about 75 feet away from me. Even though I pay the rent my mother and I got in to a huge fucking argument... God I feel like I'm gunna cry. Took some scissors to my NL and mexi-sativa,put both plants and all my seeds in a double garbage bag and chucked it...

I do really appreciate the help though,Thanks again.

Peace :wave: .

KRS Juan

That's too bad your giving up. Here's some shots from my PK to maybe cheer you up.

1015purplekush_7-8-med.jpg

1015winterbush7-31.jpg

It's a very hardy plant that sucks up nutes and can take a good amount of heat. It clones very well and roots like a champ. It is VERY VERY prone to throwing male banana's throughout flowering, and is not a stable strain. Pheno's vary from lavender to the strongest blueberry you have ever smelled/tasted (yes, more than DJ's OG BB). Medium yielder but extremely potent. This plant gets covered in trichs very early, even on the stem, fan leaves, and the bottom of leaves. My last grow I squeezed 13 plants under 1 400w HPS and yielded roughly 10 oz. Most took 65 days to flower, except the blueberry pheno which took almost 80.

Here's a flower shot of my BB pheno last grow:
1015mr4.jpg

-KRS Juan-

G

Damn KRS... you're evil!

The man hangs up his grow and you whip out the dope!

Steven... sorry about your loss... BUT... IF you want to grow and do this right... you need your own place. Can't blame your mom a bit. It's HER house on the line should you get busted.

Perhaps someday you will get the right deal going for yourself... Hope so. When I first started reading your post where you hung it up... I thought you were going to say you found god or something.

Be cool man and find your own place... you will get it together.

KRS Juan

I was not trying to be an ass, although I see how it could be taken that way. If I saw the thread before I would have posted earlier. I just figured it might give him hope that once he moves out, rare strains can indeed be found. Even if you help on rent, whenever you share a space with someone they have a say in it too, luckily my roommate doesn't smoke but loves the smell and gives his share of the results to his friends.

-KRS Juan-

T

tricky

how did you get that krs being in uk not much like that round here

looks awsome mate well done :wave:

KRS Juan

Bagseed =) Being so hermaphroditic the grower that I got it from missed a banana and I found a cluster of 16 seeds in my oz.

-KRS Juan-

G

Actually guys,this is my place... My name is on the contract and I pay the rent but its still a 50/50 type thing. My mothers a tad unstable at times(but arent we all?),anywho I should explain... She said she honestly doesnt mind if I grow... But the last plant I had was a stinky skunky Northern Lights and thats why she was a little paranoid(and I my freak'in ozone thingy should be ariving anyday now). And she cant hate them that much.... I mean,after all she has helped me take care of them(lighting-on/off,watering,checking up on them etc.).

I killed my last grow cause I was being a dickhead and was really pissed off and took it out on the plant(which I will NEVER do again!). But I planted a few Northern Light x Big Bud's a couple day's ago to get the ball rolling again... I guess this would be my third grow... Still havent had a harvest yet(first grow=males,2nd=I was an idiot and killed them)... Hopefully I can actually F***ing get something this time.

Anyways,I'm still searching for Purple Kush... So if anyone knows where I can find seeds or clones for a reasonable price I'll take it!

Thanks!

KRS Juan

I will be using my PK for some breeding next round, so if you check seedbay in a few months you should see some Purple Kush crosses.

-KRS Juan-