What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones

G

Hello, I've been taking clones and growing from them for a bit now, and i've ALWAYS ran into problems when trying to switch from floro to HID lamp with them either i'm just trying too early, or i'm missing something.....

does anyone have any tips on how i might help them out getting used to the HID lamp?

or know any approximate times at which the clone would be ready to recieve more light?

thanks

THC

Aquaman2112

place them away from the lights slowly move closer in! I place some outside and sometimes the sun drops them like Fainted! so I go from flor to 400 then to 1000 then either finish or outside!

Aqua

racketeer

Right with aqua, I always ease my seedlings or cuts from flouros to HID at a distance then move them closer and closer till it's juuuust right.

omega7

How long you keep them under the fluoros? I have never had a problem with that. But I always veg clones under fluoros for at least 2-3 weeks after they have rooted and put in their first container.