What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The positive thread.

Brother Nature

Hey guys,

I thought it'd be nice to start a thread that discusses only positive things. As much as I enjoy the political and philosophical threads, a lot of them are very divisive and often devolve into very negative territory. It's not always nice to be around that and negativity tends to beget more negativity. I personally had to take a good break from the site recently as it was effecting me in a way I didn't like so I feel it'd be nice to have a thread where we can discuss positive things that have happened to us or others. Things like going to your dealers place to find out he's got nothing then happening upon a discarded half eighth on the way home.

I'll start with a nice thing that happened to me a couple days ago.

I had to go into the main city for some work recently on the same day I took my car in for a service. So I was driving in trying to find a park in a very shitty loaner car. It happens to cost about $10 per hour to park here and you can only pay by the hour. I find this annoying and coupled to having to drive an unfamiliar car in rush hour I was a little annoyed to start. I eventually find a good parking spot not too far from where my meeting was. I manage to do a decent parallel parking job and notice the car in front of me is a very new Bentley with a guy inside. As I finish parking the guy in the Bentley gets out and starts walking to my car, looking directly at me. My first thought is "Ugh, so this guy's gonna tell me I'm too close to his car or something equally as wankerish." But, no, he knocks on my window, tells me he's only been parked for about 5 minutes and has nearly an hour left on his ticket and asks if I'd want it. So I take it, go to my quick meeting and still have about 10 minutes left on the parking ticket. I know it's only a little thing, but it really restored my faith in humanity that day, it made me feel really good and I made a major effort to treat everyone else I met that day with the same unassuming kindness.

I hope you guys can also share some kindness you've received, or even just positive news stories you come across. I know this world isn't all roses and puppies, but it's not all bad too so lets talk about some of the good shit.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well I'm seriously outa pot and waiting to be stuck inside for abt 3 -4 days waiting out the hurricane when an old friend from a more friendly state calls and sez he has an extra oz. he'd like to unload ASAP.

So it looks like I'll be riding this out in style rather than cowering in the corner under a blanket!:tiphat:

Well I'm seriously outa pot and waiting to be stuck inside for abt 3 -4 days waiting out the hurricane when an old friend from a more friendly state calls and sez he has an extra oz. he'd like to unload ASAP.

So it looks like I'll be riding this out in style rather than cowering in the corner under a blanket!:tiphat:

Here is a nice little story:

At my local ARCO, the cars were backed up. There must be a feeder pump out because half of the pumps are shut down, and the gas that is being pumped is taking forever. Once I finally get up to the pump, I have to put in $100 for my 30 gallon tank, and didn't even get it filled up all the way. Out of the corner of my eye, I see what appears to be a homeless man approaching cars that are in line to pump gas, and asking for money.

Dude gets turned away from at least 10 cars, then he approaches me. "Hey buddy, can I wash your window for some cash?" he asked. I laughed because my truck is a working truck, that works daily on fine clay dirt roads, and is completely trashed. I told the guy instead of wasting his time, I would just throw him 20$. He kind of circled my truck for a minute saying things like, "no man, I want to work for my cash." I took the time to have a conversation with him, found out why he is having troubles. I just looked him in the eye and told him there is nothing wrong with receiving a hand up, if you take that hand up to make yourself better.

Guy was crying, the old couple at the pump next to me was crying, it was a sob fest. I gave the guy a hug, and told him good luck. As he walked away from my pump, the cars that had turned him away are now handing him cash.

Remember folks, it's always darkest before dawn. Be the light for those in the darkness, and hope they will be your light when you are consumed in darkness. That is true love.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Something positive?

picture.php

:biggrin:

(Good idea for a thread)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Psychedelics are becoming mainstream. Between all the news about it online and the fact the darkweb has made high quality tested products available to everyone I see no way they are putting the lid back on. And all the negative probaganda will be outweighed by science this time around.

hayday

Veteran
I am really enjoying this guys videos. I know its a small thing but I want to help him travel and keep filming.So I sent him some $.

I would also like to share his films with all y all:)

[YOUTUBEIF]YClkbucF3rs[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://youtu.be/YClkbucF3rs

Bicycle related...

P. S. nice one 0.P.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing:" Please try again later.":laughing: it must be good if everyone's clicking on it.

..... and I will try again.:tiphat:

Gry

The nicest genetics I have were a gift.

2 mins into the safa tries to kill me video, intense footage.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Psychedelics are becoming mainstream. Between all the news about it online and the fact the darkweb has made high quality tested products available to everyone I see no way they are putting the lid back on. And all the negative probaganda will be outweighed by science this time around.

I hope you're right. I thought this was going to happen 20 years ago.

Now I see so many people talking about it openly on youtube. I see meetup groups for psychedelics. I hear people talking about them at the book store or the coffee shop. None of this was happening in the 90s, at least where I was at the time.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always like to go to area grower's markets for fruit, veggies. Sure beats grocery store greens. Fall is my favorite season...cool in the morning, warm in the afternoons, harvest time.

Sad to hear about hurricane's devastation. Perseverance.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
got invited to a local wine tasting event by our good buddy trichomefarmer, must have tried some 30 red wines, was feeling nicely positive after that lot with a break for thc :D

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well the hurricane spared WNC so far, lots of rain but not much wind.

I've seen worse!

...... of course, the usual flooding will be here by Tuesday.:tiphat:

hayday

Veteran
Hurricanes are tough. Me being a gulf coast dweller have seen a few .Worst of mankind I have ever witnessed was fleeing Katrina-Rita. The kindest I have seen was staying home for Ike.

All my neighbors hung out at my house for some reason (most getto on the block)and we grilled and shared untill the power came back on a week later:)Then everyone went back to tv land:/

Glad your safe C G, be cautious around the waters.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'm reading members saying that cmh tech is so much better then hps, that we can use a third less watts for the same results of higher quality due to the better spectrum. thats great news imo and i already told my suppliers i want to try them. positive news for the planet if they really do what it seems they do :D

just imagine how much power can be saved and they are not crazy pricey like led's.

R

Robrites

Had a hot hot summer but are in the 70's these days and the plants are in bud. Great time of year.