What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

orfeas

Veteran
She starting already Orf probly be 4 ft tall time shes done .I wanted to try those but have some other autos to try this yr .. i have a dutch northern lite auto as well but missing the great Malawi..How many of the new crosses do you have up any M A5s ?:friends:

I'd be uber joyous does your guessing come true... :woohoo:
but frankly autos have never been my cup of tea and most probably they never will... got to do mostly with ethics I reckon...

Now I've got both M crosses A5 and Nev's that is, two of each with the former being a pain in the neck while germing... one didn't make it at all... will upload some pics of them solo...

by the way my toms seem to have a bit of a head start over yours, don't they? :)

:tiphat:Orf

Attachments

• P1100345.jpg
    P1100345.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 15

orfeas

Veteran
A5 x M & Nev's x M

A5 x M & Nev's x M

well there they are...unfortunately there's no space for all four of them, so I'll keep one of each and give away the other two...
the little one in the last photo should read A5 x M too.

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100349.jpg
    P1100349.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100350.jpg
    P1100350.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100347.jpg
    P1100347.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas,

I like a lot the selection of genetics you are running this year: Kali China, Panama Haze, Purple Haze x Malawi, Malawi x Panama, Panama x Malawi, Malawi x PCK, A5 x Malawi, Nevil's Haze x Malawi .... with such variety of Malawi hybrids you should get a really bountiful and powerful harvest at the end of the season! ;)

orfeas

Veteran
Fire in the hole!

Fire in the hole!

Thank you, dubi!
The selection is fine, the missus is not...insisting on my having only six plants...I reckon a little white lie won't do no harm, it ain't unethical, is it? :biggrin:

Now I must reiterate my amazement at the vigour of those PHxM that took up the pot space in no time at all...unfortunately no sex yet, hoping for at least one punani :biggrin:
The other two would soon find their way into the "inside" hole, unless I decide to hold on for a while till I see sex...
Any insight about them phenos?

The little Auto Malawi is just over a week old and I am just curious to see how it will respond being in the ground next to my toms...I transplanted it straight in the ground for sheer comparison's sake...

Attachments

• P1100351.jpg
    P1100351.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100353.jpg
    P1100353.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P1100355.jpg
    P1100355.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 13
G

What kind of a white lie?That you misheared six-teen? :laughing:
She'll find out when you'll be trimming for the whole autumn :biggrin:

Those malahazes look gorgeous.Good move with putting the auto straight to the ground...Curious for the outcome! :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
What kind of a white lie?That you misheared six-teen?
She'll find out when you'll be trimming for the whole autumn

Those malahazes look gorgeous.Good move with putting the auto straight to the ground...Curious for the outcome! :tiphat:

mishearing is a heck of a pretext, conio :laughing: satyrise we can alright the outcome will always be evasive therefore I solely direct my mind to the fun of growing...bountiful harvest I need not, rejected it will be neither... :biggrin:

those malahazes...they're just beautiful, but then so are most of my seedlings...bragging about :)

the little one is definitely going to have me on my toes despite the nice tommies camo...it might as well play the part of the bait.

deepwaterdude

What's the saying "It's easier to apologize than ask permission";) I am the rationalization king, at your service;)

I second dubi's words about your lineup this year, wow. Pretty much the whole lineup is on me list of worthwhile causes to keep around for posterity.

I just dropped a couple each of the Neville's and a5 hazes, a zam fem and an OE fem in water, and that's it for this season;) I will drool from afar my friend. You and Syd keep me busy.

orfeas

Veteran
your layoff had me wondering for a while and then I got Frankie to remind me... :biggrin:
that's it for this season, hah... gullible I am... :biggrin:

Now these OTHs must have mistaken themselves for Japs :) any clue as to that bowing?

:tiphat:orf
[YOUTUBEIF]TdbtZqEyE7U[/YOUTUBEIF]

Attachments

• P1100361.jpg
    P1100361.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 10

deepwaterdude

that's it for this season, hah... gullible I am... :biggrin:

Now these OTHs must have mistaken themselves for Japs :) any clue as to that bowing?

[YOUTUBEIF]TdbtZqEyE7U[/YOUTUBEIF]

:laughing: Hah. you know me too well; they're already 7 when I only want 4;) ANd I'm thinking of throwing a couple more in out of curiosity. A GT and a Caribe or Mexican Jarilla, think they're all regs. Maybe 3:biggrin:

No idea why your OTHs would show such blushing deference when in otherwise good health... Did you give them too many compliments? My malawis looked much worse last year before a pretty spectacular recovery. Hope they perk up for ya. Is it super hot?

orfeas

Veteran
:laughing: Hah. you know me too well; they're already 7 when I only want 4;) ANd I'm thinking of throwing a couple more in out of curiosity. A GT and a Caribe or Mexican Jarilla, think they're all regs. Maybe 3:biggrin:

No idea why your OTHs would show such blushing deference when in otherwise good health... Did you give them too many compliments? My malawis looked much worse last year before a pretty spectacular recovery. Hope they perk up for ya. Is it super hot?

reflecting on the morning photo I now remember spilling water over them tops, which might very well be the culprit inducing that deference :)
compliments? I've grown fairly wary of them...both verbally and practically...but still I may overuse them a tad...
checked on them couple of hours ago and they looked just like the depicted one, stemwise I mean. The truth is I don't much like that undulation tendency...it rings bad bells...

:tiphat:orf

Attachments

• P1100357.jpg
    P1100357.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 9

orfeas

Veteran
OTH

OTH

the perked up ones and their siblings...
weather's been optimal, fairly warm both day and night with very little rain unlike most parts of the country; I can hear the rumbling of the bolts from afar but not a single drop...

Attachments

• P1100362.jpg
    P1100362.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 8
  • P1100364.jpg
    P1100364.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 11

orfeas

Veteran
Auto Malawi

Auto Malawi

sun's getting higher and the moon is waxing, the auto seems to relish both...
there's a time span of nine days and a 30 cm difference between the 1st photo and the 2nd-3rd... 65 cm now, not bad at all I reckon...almost odourless...only the little false pods at the base of the internodes bear a faint smell...
35 lt pot, no feeding so far, just water from the well...hope for a little further stretch to reach a metre...

Attachments

• P1100343.jpg
    P1100343.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100366.jpg
    P1100366.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100368.jpg
    P1100368.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 10

Kaskadian

Veteran
sun's getting higher and the moon is waxing, the auto seems to relish both...
there's a time span of nine days and a 30 cm difference between the 1st photo and the 2nd-3rd... 65 cm now, not bad at all I reckon...almost odourless...only the little false pods at the base of the internodes bear a faint smell...
35 lt pot, no feeding so far, just water from the well...hope for a little further stretch to reach a metre...

They're loving that sun! Nice internodal spacing on them. Gonna be some beautiful plants. Great job! :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
They're loving that sun! Nice internodal spacing on them. Gonna be some beautiful plants. Great job! :tiphat:

Thanks man! It's only one plant have I got you confused... :)

Ooo, looking like about a week flower already. She's a beaut; good branching, super vigor... could get big
about a week, pretty much so, forgive me for I neglected mentioning... :) just ignorant of them autos' stretch... do they grow double, tripple?
she definitely looks the part... smallishness spoils part of her beauty, minimalism's fine though:biggrin: tah mate!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Plants look good! As long as you are having a good time doing it. What more can a man ask?
Peace

orfeas

Veteran
Fire in the trough

Fire in the trough

Plants look good! As long as you are having a good time doing it. What more can a man ask?
Peace
You can't be righter, farmermate! :)

Now I've transplanted the smaller PHxM into the trough merely on the premise that males grow and flower faster than them females...I reckon a week or two will tell.
I wonder whether the procreator's got anything to say about the pheno... :)

Attachments

• P1100371.jpg
    P1100371.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

You can't be righter, farmermate! :)

Now I've transplanted the smaller PHxM into the trough merely on the premise that males grow and flower faster than them females...I reckon a week or two will tell.
I wonder whether the procreator's got anything to say about the pheno... :)

Both beauteous, whatever the senor says;)

orfeas

Veteran
Infirmary time

Infirmary time

It looks as if I have two problems, a minor and a major one, the former with two PHxM and the latter with Kalamata.
The Malahazes brought it up right after being transplanted and it very much looks like Mg def to me; consequently I gave them a drink of epsom thinking if not it won't hurt them...or will it?
The Kalamata's problem began on a smaller scale and I thought the soil might have been strong a tad so I transplanted it in a bigger container with a commercial soil I trust, Klassmann i.e., only to make it worse...
Now I find meself at a loss for diagnosing...a nute burn or a nute def? The problem started bottom up.
Any doc around? :)

P.S. Thank you,dwd! The chief might not deign to respond to trivial enquiries... :)

Attachments

• P1100372.jpg
    P1100372.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 7
  • P1100373.jpg
    P1100373.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 7
  • P1100374.jpg
    P1100374.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100375.jpg
    P1100375.jpg