What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express X Nepal Jam - Limited Edition - Test by Koon

Koondense

Veteran
Hi ACE people!

Today I transplanted a couple of OExNJ FEM plants, they were vegging in not good conditions(cold, underfed and not enough water) so the growth was not too impressive but I feel they'll quickly bounce into their proper growth mode.
These are obviously two different phenos, one more bushy and branchy OE dominant plant, the other seems a bit of stretchy columnar sativa with low to mid branching, probably a bit of Jamaincan dominance, maybe some Vietnam Black influence too.
They went from light mix into 11l pots with my AllMix+LightMix+guano+EWC mixture.
Roots and overall growth seems very vigorous so they won't be getting a lot more of veg light regime.

Here are my two OE x NJ girls:

picture.php

Now I'm thinking of topping the tall girl or she could stretch like mad if I don't limit her vertical growth. But I'm still unsure how she'll take topping, maybe lst is the better choice to manage the canopy with her. If anyone(especially Dubi) has some good infos or insight on this, please share. The bushy girl will grow in her hatural shape, I think the growth pattern is very beautiful and she is almost promising a good yield already.
I'll take clones of both girls for the outdoor and keep for my big yield selection. Also I have in plan to dust them a little bit with a Lazy Larry male(Lemon Larry x Blowfish) pollen. The cross should be very unstable but packed with great genes and lots of vigour, a great clone selection material.

That's it for now :biggrin:

Cheers

G

Nice gals Koon!I'd say the tall is more to the Jam side judging by the leaves,but time will tell.I 'd top her if you had more time for veg but now a little bending would do just fine.The other one seems great as she is as you say.Grabbing a seat :)

Ncali

Veteran
Looks cool man, my oe was a hungry girl! Best of luck, oe has quality effects!!

:lurk:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Thank you very much for starting a new grow diary for the new Orient Express x Nepal Jam fem limited edition :yes:

As we state in the official description of the hybrid at our website, Orient Express x Nepal Jam likes high levels of nutrients, especially when they are fattening up in flowering.
I think they will recover their health fast, in a few days, after the transplant.
I would recommend you to top the taller pheno to improve her side branching and to balance the height of both plants in your indoor setup.

It's going to be a pleasure to follow the progresses of your new plants.
Best wishes! ;) dubi

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks for the warmth people!

Remember those two little plants?
The "small one" is now a great looking bush while the other one got topped, bent and is now a huge plant, I labeled it the "giant" pheno :) If untopped I think she would be close to 2m high right now.

The bushy pheno's top, just starting to flower
picture.php

The "giant", she got lowered a bit today(lst)
picture.php

I took clones of both, these are some stunning plants.

Cheers

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Nice! Getting any aromas?

Hey man, did you ever get around to sampling that Durbakistan?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really strong growth Koondense :)

Glad to see them so healthy and branching strongly after the transplant.

Best wishes for the flowering!

rlsmooth

Hey m8,

How is it going with these girls? This strain excites me alot..show us some pictures please :)

Koondense

Veteran
You're right, time flies and no updates from me so far...I'm a bit lazy in this time of year but I promise there will be an update very very soon ;)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Ok here we go!
First, an apology to you who checked the thread for updates and there were none... my bad :(

Now I have a couple of pictures of both phenos, they seem quite different and I like it this way, I like a bit of variation.
So the bud development goes very well despite the cold from a few days ago, I hope it didn't affect yield much, so far all seems good.

Orient Express X Nepal Jam - Bushy pheno

picture.php

Orient Express X Nepal Jam - Giant pheno(actually the "stretchy" pheno)

picture.php

Both girls are hungry and the nutrient supply mixed in soil seems to be on the limit of depletion, I'll have to give them a higher dose of flowering nutrients, especially some K.
Which is good to me because I really want to see these beauties near to their full potential, especially the bushy pheno.
To be honest the giant pheno is surprising me with how fast the flower stigmas are turning light brown, as she would like to finish fast, almost too fast compared to the bushy girl which is pushing lots of new whites.

So far so good, I feared they will suffer more the cold but both parents should be well adopted to cooler climates so we'll see how this will go until the end.
Got a couple of cuts from each, gotta check if they're rooting already...time seems to be right but temps a bit too low.

There will be more photos next week, I promise ;)

Cheers

gorilla ganja

very nice Koondense. Stacking well. I can't wait to run these.
Looking forward to see how yours finish.

Peace GG

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks GG, I also look forward to the finish, these plants are very interesting for my outdoor conditions, so the clones will be probably transplanted in a guerilla spot, eventually.

Cheers

deepwaterdude

Wow:tiphat:, second one looks like it takes after the nepalese more than a bit, which would explain its earliness, and the other knocked my socks clean off:biggrin: Very abundant OE type flowers to my eye, hugely thick. That OE is a creeper highwise, and can get you very nicely floaty before you know it:biggrin:

Beautious!

I'm trying to hone my diagnostic skills, so bear with me, but does cold also = dry? The leaves give the impression of too little humidity, and I'm curious if my guess is right or not. Any idea on RH for the last few days/weeks?