What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold, Ace vs Barneys

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yep, both looks slightly different but i'm surprised that Barney's version look quite sativa, should be interesting to compare both (bodhi's version and barney's one).

Yep, both looks slightly different but i'm surprised that Barney's version look quite sativa, should be interesting to compare both (bodhi's version and barney's one).

I am really looking forward to trying Bodhi's. I was introduced to cannabis in 1969 and it just happened to be Acapulco Gold. I'm hoping I can recapture some of those fun times :biggrin:

herbgreen

Veteran
Barneys is crossed to nepalese according to Charles-Scott aka Reeferman

Also known as "Apple Pie" (reeferman)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So Beaver, what did the '69 Acapulco Gold do compared to the Barney's if you have smoked it yet? Or just what did the old AG do. I have read it was very psychedelic.

Look of it too. Loose buds with narrow leaves I would guess?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Thanks for the info amber. Careful with those uvb lamps, I hear they are powerful. I turn on my uvb light after I close the tent up.

I ran one of the Guerrero x Panama Red plants and got a small plant that was done in 10 weeks I guess. It gave me a Colombian Red high. Stony not soaring. Never had Panama Red so no idea how that was.

This Guerrero x Michoacan I am running takes me back to '75. Almost a hybrid type high, fairly stony for a sativa. Perfect high really. I can smoke it late at night and sleep soon after. Mellow.

Which was your favorite among the imports back then? Which was most psychedelic?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, the seed guy is in Oregon and this potcast guy is in cali. Interesting guy though, he has a good youtube segment on the hippie hash trail from back in the old days.

So Beaver, what did the '69 Acapulco Gold do compared to the Barney's if you have smoked it yet? Or just what did the old AG do. I have read it was very psychedelic.

Look of it too. Loose buds with narrow leaves I would guess?

The landrace seemed a bit "milder" to me. In social situations, I could sit down with a friend (or 2 or 3,) roll a few and still be able to function unlike the current strains that knock me on my can after a couple of hits. I really enjoyed being able to make a day (or night) out of it, compared to the new hybrids that wipe me out after a couple tokes. I know I could just not consume as much but to me, that's half the fun:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts