What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorful Strawberries & Cream

Peacefrog

Veteran
This strain caught my eye because of the strawberry heritage so I picked up a pack. I only popped one seed out of the pack so I have no idea how representative of the strain this girl is. She is about 8 weeks into flower and will be coming down in the next week or two. I haven't done any smoke tests but she sure is pretty to look at.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a thumb to a bigger version of the last pic that shows the frost a little better.

I'm sure OJD will want to know about aroma ... the stem rub gives a faint sweet smell. Can't say I have picked up strawberries yet but I've got a lot of odor control in that room. I'll get a better idea when she comes down. Very easy plant to grow - she has made it this far with water only in a 3 gallon smart pot of fairly hot soil.

I just wanted to share because some cool nights really brought out the color in her and most of my plants don't look this nice at the end of their lives! Thanks for indulging my need to share. Good night!

C

CKinLA

Amazing. My mouth is drooling just looking at it. Hope you took some cuttings of that one! Was it a fem seed?

Great job, she looks to be a nice yielder also. What kind of set up you running? Was it topped? Sorry so many questions it looks like you have your grow dialed in nice enjoy.

W

Womble

yeah the peacefrog looks like you smashed it to pieces...love those autumn hues coming through on her giving her a definite 10 for bag appeal for sure.

Let us know how she smokes if you get the chance...

T

TennerBag

great looking buds with pics like that i want too grow strawberries & cream Now MMMmm

Peacefrog

Veteran
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am really looking forward to seeing how she turns out.

Amazing. My mouth is drooling just looking at it. Hope you took some cuttings of that one! Was it a fem seed?

Yes on the fem seed. Yes I did take some cuttings and put them in a cup of water in the refrigerator. I've been able to keep cuttings in "stasis" for several weeks this way. Unfortunately I had to leave town for a week and when I got back the water in the cup had frozen and the cuttings took a lot of damage. I still tried to root them but they died in the process. I am thinking about revegging her after harvest but I also have the rest of the pack of seeds to fall back on if I like the strain.

Great job, she looks to be a nice yielder also. What kind of set up you running? Was it topped? Sorry so many questions it looks like you have your grow dialed in nice enjoy.

Haha this plant is making me look good. Dialed in is going a little far to describe me lol. There are some other plants in that tent that aren't aging quite so gracefully. I just got lucky that this plant likes the soil I gave her and doesn't need much attention. I'm running organic soil water only with Blumats. Started flowering under T5's, finishing under 400 HPS/CMH side by side - mainly under the HPS bulb.

As for topping, I did FIM once and I freaking nailed it. It seems like most of the time I FIM the FIM and end up with a bunch of mangled leaves and still one main cola. Topping is much more reliable for me but I always have to be trying something different. Anyway, the one FIM produced 6 nice tops. An extra week or two of veg to let all those tops stretch out would have made a major difference on yield but I will still get enough to give her a proper evaluation.

I'll report back with the smoke evaluation in a couple of months. Thanks again everyone!

C

CKinLA

Just ordered a pack of these myself. Would love some harvest pics
peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
peacefrog with the win

amazing bro that looks so tasty, nice skillz you got there
and only 1 seed you popped

keep me updated on how she smokes
looks like a mix of both parents

thanks for posting up

peace

Peacefrog

Veteran
Chop Pics

Chop Pics

Hey guys. This girl came down this week at what I figured to be 66 days after showing flower clusters. She was still showing a few white hairs but most of the buds looked done. Trichs were mostly cloudy with some amber. I feel like I could have let her go a little longer but I wanted to make sure to preserve the lower part of the plant for a reveg.

The buds had a very powerful sour tangy odor to them that faded to a faint sweet smell on my fingers. There might have been some hints of strawberry in there but that could be my brain trying to convince my nose. It will be interesting to see what kind of aroma this cures to.

Most of the colorful fan leaves in the first post died off by the time I cut her down. I snapped some photos before I butchered her. I apologize for the poor quality of photos but I was in a hurry to get done.

Here's an aerial view of the plant right before the axe fell. This plant will yield a decent amount for how little I vegged her. The bottom part of the plant is still nice and green. I chopped all but parts of the bottom two branch sets and shouldn't have any problems revegging her for another run later this year if she proves to be worthy.

picture.php

Followed by a couple of bud shots. It kind of looks like she was getting ready to foxtail which I didn't really want to wait on. Thumbs below for higher res versions.

picture.php

picture.php

I'll report back after a while with some dried bud shots and a smoke report. Thanks again everyone for your interest.

T

trichster

She looks great. Resembles my Strawberry cough pheno out of Stawberry dogshit pack.

jochen_45

Veteran
Thats a very nice plant and not the first time I hear of the good results of this strain,
I think I have to try it on my own. I like your pictures very much, especially the big ones,
you can see the whole trichomes very good and it looks great.
Thanks for sharing and keep on with such a nice work...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice harvest shot peacfrog

look super tasty with the frosty pinky/purple leaves

apreciate you dropping these pics on us and i look forward to how she smokes for you

peace

Peacefrog

Veteran
Wow I am baked

Wow I am baked

The smallest of the branches went into a jar tonight. I snipped off a couple of popcorn nugs when I was trimming for a sample smoke. I got really high off the first bowl. So I smoked another to see if it kept going (it did). And then I went to the jar I had just filled and snipped off some more and smoked another. I might go back and have another (I did). This is some good shit. I haven't been ripped like this in a while.

Super smooth smoke, especially for having been chopped a week ago. The sour sweet tangy smell comes through in the exhale. No surprises with the smoke density. Coughing is mostly optional. It has a very happy buzz. My eyes are a dead giveaway - not suitable for critical social interaction. Did I mention that I am baked?

All I have jarred is the lower branches that I left part of for the reveg. The rest of the plant was chopped at the main stem above those branches and has another day or two before it gets the final trim and goes into a big jar. I got this high off popcorn! And I am hardly a lightweight. And I smoked a lot today before I even got into this bud.

I have to leave this bud alone for a while to see how it cures. Gonna be tough. Early results are in and I am digging this strain! The smoke report is a little premature but I just wanted to share. Good night!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The smallest of the branches went into a jar tonight. I snipped off a couple of popcorn nugs when I was trimming for a sample smoke. I got really high off the first bowl. So I smoked another to see if it kept going (it did). And then I went to the jar I had just filled and snipped off some more and smoked another. I might go back and have another (I did). This is some good shit. I haven't been ripped like this in a while.

Super smooth smoke, especially for having been chopped a week ago. The sour sweet tangy smell comes through in the exhale. No surprises with the smoke density. Coughing is mostly optional. It has a very happy buzz. My eyes are a dead giveaway - not suitable for critical social interaction. Did I mention that I am baked?

All I have jarred is the lower branches that I left part of for the reveg. The rest of the plant was chopped at the main stem above those branches and has another day or two before it gets the final trim and goes into a big jar. I got this high off popcorn! And I am hardly a lightweight. And I smoked a lot today before I even got into this bud.

I have to leave this bud alone for a while to see how it cures. Gonna be tough. Early results are in and I am digging this strain! The smoke report is a little premature but I just wanted to share. Good night!
hiya peace frog,,plants look amazing,recently grew out a 5 pack of s and c,,1 got mixed in with the other strains i were growing,that left me with 4,of which 3 were the most lovely strawberry smelling ladies,,did a little test with my 2x trimmers and smell was identified as strawberrys as thought it was best to have others identify the aroma as well as i,,,when smoked apart from the strawberry taste got a under/after taste of cream cheese like philly cream cheese and similiar to a sweet in the uk called rhubarb and custard and potent,,hope you enjoy her,,peace and regards s2:tiphat:

Peacefrog

Veteran
Thanks everyone. Hey s2 - I really enjoyed your thread on S&C. Your smoke report really got me excited to sample my drying buds. There is something about the aroma that I can't quite place. There is a strawberry element to it - more like strawberry jam than berries. The cream element in my girl is more like sour cream - maybe that is what has been throwing me off. Anyway ... I think it is pretty clear we like this strain.

Thanks OJD for sharing your genetics with the masses. You have good tastes in cannabis. I'll be looking into more CSG strains in the future after my success with this one.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone. Hey s2 - I really enjoyed your thread on S&C. Your smoke report really got me excited to sample my drying buds. There is something about the aroma that I can't quite place. There is a strawberry element to it - more like strawberry jam than berries. The cream element in my girl is more like sour cream - maybe that is what has been throwing me off. Anyway ... I think it is pretty clear we like this strain.

Thanks OJD for sharing your genetics with the masses. You have good tastes in cannabis. I'll be looking into more CSG strains in the future after my success with this one.
yeah,,we are agreed peacefrog,,a special strain,,running it again in my present run,,yeah sour cream,, it kinda reminded me of philidelphia cream cheese but sour cream is another good description,thanks for the kind words and enjoy those beauties,,peace and regards s2:tiphat: