What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best automatic trimmer....

Rabbi

If a guy was more in the 2-4 pound a month area, would anyone recommend something like the "Trim Reaper" over the other bigger ones(Twister, Tumbleweed, etc.)? Or would anyone recommend something else? The "Trim Reaper" seems to be more reasonable in price compared to the others but then again who knows how good it works?

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
how much are those strippers?

Not sure about those...but these are about $200/hr if you've got good nugs, maybe some blow. If you don't the price goes up from there depending on what you look like:
strippers-dollar-bills-g-string.jpg

Oh yeah...and save your singles....you know how they roll.​

H

humboldtlocal

If a guy was more in the 2-4 pound a month area, would anyone recommend something like the "Trim Reaper" over the other bigger ones(Twister, Tumbleweed, etc.)? Or would anyone recommend something else? The "Trim Reaper" seems to be more reasonable in price compared to the others but then again who knows how good it works?

The Trim Reaper looks decent. I saw one in my friends store. I have not seen it in action yet. But it looked like it would work better than the trim pros. For $1500 I think it would be worth taking a chance on. That stripper looked like it worked better than any of the trimpros. But I wonder how long it would hold up and how you sharpen the blade.

Rabbi

The Trim Reaper looks decent. I saw one in my friends store. I have not seen it in action yet. But it looked like it would work better than the trim pros. For $1500 I think it would be worth taking a chance on. That stripper looked like it worked better than any of the trimpros. But I wonder how long it would hold up and how you sharpen the blade.

Any suggestions on where one should purchase/order a "Trim Reaper", who lives in Canada?

H

humboldtlocal

The Trim Reaper is distributed by advanced nutes. Any store that carries their magic plant juice should be able to get you one. I talked to a guy that bought two of them. He said while one is running he is loading up the other machine. He said it does about what you would expect. He definitely does some clean up after it is dry. The Twister and Tumbleweed have a vacuum that sucks the leaf into the blades so it trims very tight. The Reaper does not. If you buy one make sure to flip it over and check the welds on the bottom. One of the first ones my buddy at Trim Scene got had all of the welds busted on the bottom of it. It looked kinda poorly put together. But if I had a small grow I would try that over a TrimPro. At least you don't have to sharpen the blades on it.

Rabbi

The Trim Reaper is distributed by advanced nutes. Any store that carries their magic plant juice should be able to get you one. I talked to a guy that bought two of them. He said while one is running he is loading up the other machine. He said it does about what you would expect. He definitely does some clean up after it is dry. The Twister and Tumbleweed have a vacuum that sucks the leaf into the blades so it trims very tight. The Reaper does not. If you buy one make sure to flip it over and check the welds on the bottom. One of the first ones my buddy at Trim Scene got had all of the welds busted on the bottom of it. It looked kinda poorly put together. But if I had a small grow I would try that over a TrimPro. At least you don't have to sharpen the blades on it.

Thx man...after another looong weekend, I'm almost desperado for some extra help:wallbash:.

H

humboldtlocal

Trim reaper looks good. Spinpro just came out with a similar machine but it still has those crappy piano wires that do the cutting instead of blades.

BowlPacks

Goddamnit! So now I have no idea what to get. Should I just go with elec. scissors like the bonsai pro's?
From what I'm hearing the trimpro auto's fuck shit up and the Trim Reaper is small and poorly built?

H

humboldtlocal

Goddamnit! So now I have no idea what to get. Should I just go with elec. scissors like the bonsai pro's?
From what I'm hearing the trimpro auto's fuck shit up and the Trim Reaper is small and poorly built?

I wouldn't exactly say poorly built. The welds may have broken during shipping. They are just little tack welds. They looked like they could have been a little better. The Bonsai scissors are a joke. The TP Auto will make your weed smell like grass/hay. The trim reaper is about the same size as the TP auto. I have also heard that the auto will chop your big buds down into smaller buds if you leave it in there too long. Just but a Twister and grow more to justify it. ;)

Rabbi

K my "Trim Reaper" will be here next week:woohoo:...But unfortunately I won't be able to use it till a couple weeks after that :wallbash:...but none the less I will drop some feedback on it after I get the chance. Thx again humboldtlocal for your advice and valuable info on this topic.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Alright Rabbi. I've been waiting to hear more reviews on the Trim Reaper. I thought there would be many reviews after they came out, but I can't find any. I did see the video by urban grower, but to him everything he has is "Great!". The video was a good rundown of how it works though. I wouldn't consider it an un-bias review of its effectiveness or efficiency. I'm a little skeptical about the blades that "never need sharpening", but I can understand why companies design trimmers with an inability to sharpen blades (with the exception of the barrel trimmers) because it raises their liability drastically. Just think, customers waving around razor sharp blades 12 plus inches long, and if they want, running the machine without the grate. If they can, they will.

I'll be waiting patiently to hear how yours works out.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about the AKA tumble trimmer/magic trimmer/spinpro trimmer/Handy trimmer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwyfaLKHaTE&feature=related

This seems to work very well for smaller nugs, I don't mind hand trimming nasty sticky colas :) But boy oh boy do I HATE trimming the small stuff. This I think would be good for medium sized grows, 4+lbs

Remo from urbangrower does a pretty good review on it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA18fWbxqSo&feature=related

Also some models like the ones on ebay come with a dril bit adapter so if your in a hurry.

boxmunch9

What about the AKA tumble trimmer/magic trimmer/spinpro trimmer/Handy trimmer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwyfaLKHaTE&feature=related

This seems to work very well for smaller nugs, I don't mind hand trimming nasty sticky colas :) But boy oh boy do I HATE trimming the small stuff. This I think would be good for medium sized grows, 4+lbs

Remo from urbangrower does a pretty good review on it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA18fWbxqSo&feature=related

Also some models like the ones on ebay come with a dril bit adapter so if your in a hurry.

I've been looking at these too, the first video confuses me thou

is that dude showing how the second one does more or is better or hold more? and the first one, i cant find the clear dome anywhere.

its doing the same thing as the trim reaper, and with that angle it changes how rough it looks on your buds

Vespatian

Here's my 2 cents:
The Trim Reaper can handle bigger loads, but it is power driven which I don't like. I like to manually control the spin rate and the exact number of rotations. Consequently, I use the manual Spin Pro type device. I call them all "salad spinners". They save a SHITLOAD of time and brain damage trimming the small stuff. They trim very close, essentially the same as hand trimming. A TINY bit of trichromes are lost in the process, but a visual comparison of fully cured popcorn hand trimmed vs salad spun is tough to tell the difference.

I go very slow and only crank about 10 to 12 rotations per load vs the youtube guys who crank fast 25 to 40 times per load.

I got mine on sale for $435 plus tax and am very happy with it.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey thanks Vespatian, great to know! My gf already gave me the go on it, she is sick of trimming as me. Shes a hairstylist lol, I am pretty damn good but man this girl is crazy fast. I will just have her give the tops a fade and I will work the pops. She does an excellent job to :)

Vespatian

That's FUNNY! My partners wife is a hair stylist! She trims all the big colas fast and furious.

My partner pulls the sun leaf and feeds wifey colas for hand trimming and feeds me everything else for the salad shooter. We can process about 6 pounds a day.

Latest posts

Latest posts